Hong Kong Football Thread II (R)

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Angsa, Oct 4, 2016.

1. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    [​IMG]

World Cup qualifying has been cancelled for the rest of 2020.

2. Suburbia

Suburbia Member

Manchester United
    Hong Kong
    Nov 15, 2017
    It's time to say goodbye to at least 5 HKNT players due to this delay. They won't be playing in 2021.

The one I wonder about is Huang Yang, will he still be around to captain the team? Or will it be Tan Chun Lok's team?

3. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I predict that there will be a ton of shake-ups within the national team as they will need to bring in fresh blood to fill their voids.

Which national team players do you think their time representing the national team is up?

Huang Yang will be turning 37 in two months time, so I would say he could probably play for one more year and then consider retiring from international duty.

If anyone should take Huang Yang's place as captain, I would say Tan Chun Lok is my choice.

4. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  5. Suburbia

Suburbia Member

Manchester United
    Hong Kong
    Nov 15, 2017
    I think:

1. Dani Cancela: The wing back was already too slow and being targeted in his few recent HKNT games; he will be 39 next month and physically he cannot keep up with the demands of being a HKNT fullback (much more physical than being a Kitchee fullback, due to the constant defending an counterattacking HKNT does). Likely replacement: Wellingsson or Li Ngai Hoi
    2. Festus Baise: He has been an amazing inspiration for older players, but he will be 41 when the matches restart. With no China League One games to keep him match active, he will be 100% focused on extending his China career in 2021. He can no longer afford extra playing time with the HKNT, and his lack of pace has cost the HKNT before. Likely replacement: Leung Nok Hang, who is now also a League One player, who partners well with Andy Russell. Newly naturalized Clayton Alfonso will keep Baise off from even the bench.

3. Wang Zhenping: The big burly Kitchee keeper has been Yapp Hung Fai's perpetual backup, but has always had suspect decision making and distribution. The emergence Yuen Ho Chun makes for a solid new #2, and Tse Tak Him - a much more reliable seasoned vet - will compete with up and coming Tse Ka Wing for the #3 spot. He will be 37 when the matches restart.

4. Giovane: 6 disappointing caps for Giovane, who will turn 38 this year, means its time to pull the plug on the experiment. Unfortunately, there is no clear forward with the hold up skill of Giovane. The best would be if Chan Kwong Ho develops nicely, but there is no clear successor in the front.

5. Ju Yinzhi: At 33, he is still in his prime but there is no denying that Ju does not perform for the HKNT. With the HKNT overloaded with defensive midfielders (Huang Yang, Sean Tse, Diego, Philip Chan), it will mean Tan Chun Lok will be pushed up to play a more attacking role - a role he is currently playing with R&F. Ju lacks the speed to play on the wings, and he will definitely not start over Tan. Wong Wai will likely take his place as a Tan Chun Lok partner or backup.
    What do you all think?

6. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    1. I do feel that Dani will be considering hanging his boots up after the next season ends.

2. Whilst it is a shame that Festus wasn't called on for the East Asia Cup Finals last year, I do agree that he will be focusing more on his league career and at that age, like Dani, he could be considering hanging up his boots soon.

3. Personally I do feel that they should call upon a young goalkeeper to act as an understudy to Yapp Hung Fai and Yuen Ho Chun. Players like Tse Ka Wing, Alex Chin Palelei and Choy Tsz-To are ones who could fit the criteria. As for Wang Zhenpang and Tse Tak Him, I do feel their time may possibly be up for them.

4. I'd probably expect Giovane to continue playing for another season before he will consider calling time on his international and football career. Other than James Ha and Chan Kwong Ho (if he does get more first team opportunities with KC Southern), I do feel that Hong Kong could very well be lacking in other striker options going forward.

5. I do agree that Ju Yingzhi has not been able to perform internationally under Mixu Paatelainen and there are suitable candidates who could take his spot.

I would also add Roberto Affonso Junior, Helio Goncalves and possibly Tong Kin Man on the list too.

7. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    https://www.scmp.com/sport/hong-kon...nt-hong-kong-champions-league-if-they-qualify

SCMP reports that R&F FC will be eligible to represent Hong Kong in AFC club competitions, provided Guangzhou R&F do not qualify to play in AFC club competitions as well.

I cannot imagine R&F FC playing as a HK representative and then winning the AFC Cup or even ACL... (They could send their best players to R&F FC if they got the ACL slot, so it is not too far-fetched.)

Why don't we pack up HKPL and just play in Chinese league system...

8. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    CSL players Dai Wai-tsun and Tan Chun-lok can boost Hong Kong team, says manager Mixu Paatelainen
    • Mixu stated that both Tan Chun Lok and Dai Wai Tsun are both on his radar.
    • It is also believed that R&F HK's Sean Tse and Eastern's Fernando Augusto Azevedo Pedriera (who should be eligible by November) are on top of Mixu's list for a call-up.
    • Mixu is attempting to plan to have an international friendly for November “in front of the Hong Kong fans as they haven’t watched us for a long time,” he said. “We always want to get the players together to learn and develop and prepare for upcoming matches. But we are not sure if we can hold the match as we need to respect the government’s rules on social distancing under the pandemic. Players’ safety is always of the greatest priority.”

9. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    If it happens, the likeliest opponent is Macau due to logistics.

10. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Dai Wai Tsun scores his first senior goal for Shenzhen FC:

11. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So what has that got to do with Hong Kong football?

12. Suburbia

Suburbia Member

Manchester United
    Hong Kong
    Nov 15, 2017
    I don't give a damn if he leads the CSL in scoring. He's a spineless person with no sense of loyalty. If he's too good for the HKNT then so be it, go enjoy the China team.

Angsa repped this.
  13. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #1763 dez112, Aug 30, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
    Correct me if I am wrong but isn't he still eligible to represent Hong Kong or am I missing something that I'm not aware of?

14. Suburbia

Suburbia Member

Manchester United
    Hong Kong
    Nov 15, 2017
    Eligible yes. Want to, no. And he has handled it extremely poorly since lying about not showing up to the HKNT practice.

Angsa repped this.
  15. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    TsunDai.jpg

In case you are in any doubt. This spineless dxxkhead is giving the HKNT his two fingers salute. So if you still want to discuss about him then please move to the China forum.

16. Suburbia

Suburbia Member

Manchester United
    Hong Kong
    Nov 15, 2017
    Hah. I never had any doubt. In fact, I am glad he finally manned up and said it so the HKFA can stop stupidly including him in their preliminary squads.

Angsa repped this.
  17. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  18. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  19. Suburbia

Suburbia Member

Manchester United
    Hong Kong
    Nov 15, 2017
    Sean Tse has blasted this the HKFA for being highly unprofessional and unreasonable. 2 weeks lead time after months off is not enough and he fears injury to many players.

20. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    According to Wenweipo, the first set of matches are as follows:

Southern vs R&F
    Lee Man vs Happy Valley
    Eastern vs Kitchee

21. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    https://sports.now.com/home/news/details?id=30621817537

Now Sports said it is Kowloon Bay Park, the artificial pitch. HKFA have never been allocated Kowloon Bay Sports Ground so no surprise there.

22. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

Kitchee fired its assistant coach Chino (Roberto Losada), apparently for violating the COVID-19 quarantine rules.

23. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  24. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong