Hong Kong Football Thread II (R)

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Angsa, Oct 4, 2016.

1. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  2. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Starting XI to face against Turkmenistan:

GK - YAPP Hung Fai (Captain)
    DF - YUE Tsz Nam
    DF - HELIO Goncalves
    DF - YU Wai Lim
    DF - Shinichi CHAN
    MF - WU Chun Ming
    MF - TAN Chun Lok
    MF - CHAN Siu Kwan
    FW - JUNINHO
    FW - WONG Ho Chun
    FW - Matt ORR

3. Suburbia

Suburbia Member

Manchester United
    Hong Kong
    Nov 15, 2017
    Turns out its Everton! Really been questioning Everton's commitment to the HK team ever since the Asian Cup finished...

4. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Full Time: Hong Kong Vs Turkmenistan - 0:0

Despite no live broadcast of the match, Wolfgang Luisser's side ended their World Cup qualifiers with a goalless draw as both sides picked up a point in which now the team will look ahead in to the Third Round of the AFC Asian Cup qualification of the 2027 finals.

5. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The AFC U17 and U20 qualification draws took place today.

U17

Group A:
    Iran
    Jordan (Hosts)
    Syria
    Hong Kong
    DPR Korea

U20

Group J:

Jordan
    Qatar (Hosts)
    Singapore
    Hong Kong

Not a favourable draw for the Hong Kong U17 side as they are grouped within very tough opposition especially with the likes of DPR Korea and Iran who they previously faced within the last AFC U17 qualifiers where they conceded eleven goals.

Whilst I do feel that Singapore could be a doable result for the Hong Kong U20 side depending if they play their cards right, but it is going to be difficult against Qatar and Jordan.

I really do wonder what sort of plans technical director John Morling will have in preparation for the youth teams?

6. Suburbia

Suburbia Member

Manchester United
    Hong Kong
    Nov 15, 2017
    Both Sun Ming Him and Leung Nok Hang played for their CSL teams this weekend, 81 minutes and 90 minutes respectively. It does not appear they are or were injured.

Any idea why they were dropped from the squad for the HK matches? Did the club not let them go or did the HK team decide they were not in form enough?

7. Suburbia

Suburbia Member

Manchester United
    Hong Kong
    Nov 15, 2017
    Shinichi Chan has transferred to Shanghai Shenhua, currently the top team in the CSL.

A major move for the player, who is still only 21 years old. The fact that the CSL champions went out to get him is highly significant; hope that he will be able to get regular playing time like Yue Tze or Jacky!

8. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Whilst I don't know much about Leung Nok Hang's situation, but for Sun Ming Him apparently he sustained an injury and withdrew from the squad which allowed Lam Hin Ting to earn a late call up as Sun's replacement after he completed his transfer to Eastern.

That is a great transfer for Shinichi and hope that he can thrive his career at Shanghai Shenhua.

Shinichi's departure meant that he is now the tenth player to leave Kitchee.

Suburbia repped this.
  9. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    If this transfer had happened 2 years ago, I wouldn't have been shocked. But Shinichi has been poor since coming back from Spain. Can't see how they could've looked at him and thought that he was good enough to play for the top team in CSL right now.

10. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]
    Having played for BC Rangers during the Soccer Sevens, Luizinho formerly of Tai Po FC officially joins the club.

11. Suburbia

Suburbia Member

Manchester United
    Hong Kong
    Nov 15, 2017
    I agree, he has been poor for both Kitchee and the HK team. I guess when teams look at him, he is still a young (not 22 yet), athletic player with a great frame (over 6 feet but very mobile), and not only plays for the HK champions but has secured a loan move to Spain before, indicating that people do see potential.

I am happy for him, I remember in an interview with the Rangers boss (I think) he said that Tsui was very sad his stay in the CLO got cut short as he wanted to earn the big bucks. Happy that he finally made it back up!

12. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #3064 dez112, Jun 21, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2024
  13. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    On the other hand, South Korean Ryu Ji Seong, Enson Kwok Sheung Ngai, Bosley Yu Yang and Barak Braunshtain parted ways with Eastern:

[​IMG]

14. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think Shinichi Chan will have a hard time trying to get a game at Shanghai Shenhua.

Ken Ng said Kitchee has almost completed signing up players for its first team squad, just one or two players still to sign. He said most players are fighters and Kitchee did not leak its signing information on the web.

15. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  16. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Lee Man
    • The club recently confirmed 11 players have departed from the club which include Gil Martins, Jose Angel, Diego Eli, Fung Hing Wa, Ko Chun, Yuen Ho Chun, Yu Pui Hong, Zachary Hui, Manuel Bleda, Fernando Recio and Jonathan Acosta.

Kitchee
    • Jordon Brown and Chang Kwong Yin departed from the club after their contracts had been expired. Both players were sent out on loan last season with Hong Kong Football Club and Sham Shui Po SA.
    • The club had appointed Portuguese Edgar Cardoso who was part of Kitchee's coach assistant team as their head coach.
    • It is speculated that one of Kitchee's foreign signings include 31 year old Portuguese striker Luis Machado.
    North District
    • The club appointed ex-Happy Valley manager Pau Ka Yiu to replace Leung Chi Wing who is embroiled in a match fixing scandal.
    BC Rangers
    • Rangers have named former Hong Kong international Timothy Bredbury as their new head coach as Chiu Ching Man is another who is embroiled in a match fixing scandal.

17. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]
    Jay Haddow officially joins Kitchee after his contract expired with English club Blackburn Rovers.

He will wear the No.6 jersey.

18. Suburbia

Suburbia Member

Manchester United
    Hong Kong
    Nov 15, 2017
    This will likely end any hopes of him representing the Japanese senior team - and most likely open the door for him to represent the HK team.

However, he seems to operate as a right back only, and there is no knocking out Yue Tsz Nam from that spot right now (Yue is probably the best HK right back in history).

19. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So I assume he will have to follow the seven year residency rule in order to apply for HKSAR passport within the future if that is correct?

In addition, Kitchee have finally revealed the signings of former Eastern defender Leon Jones and former North District midfielder Jordan Lam Lok Kan. Jones will wear the No.3 jersey whilst Lam will wear the No. 11 jersey.

It is speculated that the club may have signed a young English goalkeeper named Fynn Talley who arrived in Hong Kong recently as well as following Kitchee's Instagram page.