Hong Kong Football Thread II (R)

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Angsa, Oct 4, 2016.

1. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hong Kong Premier League Awards 2023/24

Best Young Players: Jesse Yu Joy Yin, Ma Hei Wai (Eastern)

Best Goalkeeper: Tse Ka Wing (Tai Po)
    Best Defenders: Tamirlan Kozubaev (Eastern), Tsui Wang Kit (Lee Man), Gabriel Cividini
    (Tai Po), Dani Almazan (Eastern)
    Best Midfielders: Chan Siu Kwan (Tai Po), Mikael (Kitchee), Marcos Gondra (Eastern)
    Best Forwards: Noah Baffoe (Eastern), Henri Anier (Lee Man), Everton Camargo (Lee Man)

Players Favourite: Noah Baffoe (Eastern)

Fans Favourite: Chan Siu Kwan (Tai Po)

Best HKRT Player: Chan Siu Kwan (Tai Po)

Coach of the Year: Roberto Losada (Eastern)

Hong Kong Footballer of the Year: Chan Siu Kwan

Other News:
    • Charlie Scott confirmed on his Instagram that he will be leaving Kitchee and Hong Kong which ends any chance of him being naturalised within the future.
    • There will also be a conference held tomorrow with regards to Jorn Andersen's future.

2. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #3027 dez112, May 29, 2024
    Last edited: May 29, 2024
    Well, Jorn Andersen had confirmed that he has resigned as head coach of the national team during the conference.

Very sad to see him depart considering the amount of impact and contribution to Hong Kong football. But I do want to say thank you and wish Andersen all the best within his future endeavors.

His assistant Wolfgang Luisser is set to take on the temporary head coach role with Szeto Man Chun to assist.

3. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  4. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Northern District Goalkeeper Lam Chun-Kit and his coach Leung Chi-Wing are two of 12 people arrested by ICAC on football corruption charges. He is seen here playing for Northern District against Kitchee and Kitchee's third goal looked extremely suspect.

5. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    https://www.thestandard.com.hk/section-news/section/11/263207/'Dirty-dozen'

Dirty Dozen

Twelve footballers, coaches and betting agents have been arrested by the Independent Commission Against Corruption on suspicion of bribery, match-fixing and illegal gambling.
    The 12 men - aged 24 to 54 - included a head coach and two players of a football club competing in the Hong Kong Premier League, the anti-graft watchdog said yesterday.

It is understood that the team involved is Crownity North District Football Club, which finished eighth among 11 teams after promotion to the city's top-tier league this season.

Among the arrested are the club's head coach Leung Chi-wing, first-choice goalkeeper Lam Chun-kit, 26, and veteran midfielder So Kai-tsun, 30, sources said.

A third player was arrested from St Joseph's Football Club, which played in the third-tiered Second Division Football League before being relegated to the lowest Third Division Football League this season.

Also arrested were a coach and four players of a football club competing in the second division.
    The remaining three included illegal betting agents who are also a head coach and players of three other local football clubs.

Sources said one of them was Premier League club Rangers' head coach Ryan Chiu Chung-man, and a player currently playing for the Premier League club Sham Shui Po Sports Association.

All footballers involved are locals, the corruption watchdog said.

All the arrested have been released on ICAC bail.

Paul Lau Pak-cheong, chief investigator of ICAC's operations department, said the case involved three seasons starting in 2021 and each player allegedly received bribes of several thousand dollars to tens of thousands of dollars per match.

The investigation showed that bribed coaches would recruit players who were willing to help rig matches and give instructions to them right during the matches, he said.

"The coaches would give instructions by signaling players from the side of the pitch with gestures such as taking off their hat or jackets or picking up a water bottle," Lau said.
    "The bribed coaches and footballers would also place bets on illegal gambling through their family members and friends to double their profits. The investigation showed the amount of betting by some arrested persons was as high as HK$1 million in a season," he added.
    Principal investigator Matthew Chang Chor-ming said the operation - named "Tenacity" - was a sequel to operation "Green Grass" launched in May last year, where a match-fixing syndicate was busted, and three footballers and a betting agent were arrested. ICAC officers said they observed the 12 arrestees' match-fixing and illegal betting behavior during the investigation of operation "Green Grass."

Chang said ICAC officers raided over 20 premises with warrants, including the residences of those arrested, and interviewed more than 20 people.

The bribery was not related to the management of the teams and instead was the players' personal issues, he said.

"These backbone members and the mastermind of the bribery already knew each other before joining the football leagues and had been participating in illegal gambling," Chang said.
    "After joining the leagues, they tried to draw in other players to get the result they want and make a profit."

Chang also said the bribing was not very organized.

"Their acts to bribe other players were not very smooth," he said. "But such acts are like viruses that infect the football industry so the ICAC has zero tolerance for sports corruption. "

The ICAC said it will collaborate with international law enforcement agencies and invite experts to review the videos of matches.

The Culture, Sports and Tourism Bureau said it has required the Football Association of Hong Kong, China, to have its match arrangements reviewed by the ICAC to prevent corruption.

The association said it would fully assist the ICAC in its investigation.

"The HKFA has been maintaining close contact with the ICAC and held anti-corruption talks for officials, players and club staff, and will step up relevant anti-graft work to eliminate such malpractice in the future," it said.

6. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It is very poor timing because Hong Kong is set to play Iran at home soon and Turkmenistan away in WC qualifiers. I wish he could stay for these two matches and allowed the local fans to pay tribute to him before he left.

dez112 repped this.
  7. Suburbia

Suburbia Member

Manchester United
    Hong Kong
    Nov 15, 2017
    Double whammy: Sochick said on his YouTube channel that Jorn Andersen had been in close contact with Charlie Scott, and was readying him to represent the HK team in the future. Now they are both leaving HK.

8. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I feel like this is turning out to be a bad day for the Hong Kong national football team and for Kitchee even though I do understand that they are rebuilding their squad. Although I certainly didn't predict that Charlie Scott is one of the players who would be set to depart from the club.

Brazilian Cleiton confirmed on his Instagram that he is also set to depart from Kitchee.

I also heard that Mikael is also likely to leave and I think Juninho is also rumoured to be departing as well.

9. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Kitchee have confirmed nine players will be departing from the club that includes Charlie Scott, Sedin Ramic, Ibrahim Kurban, Paulo Cesar, Andy Russell, Mikael, Cleiton, Jakob Jantscher and Cleiton after their contracts had expired.

It is speculated that the club are looking to sign Jordan Lam Lok Kan from Crowncity North District.

On the other hand Tai Po had also confirmed a number of departures which include Joao Emir, Luizinho, Alex Chin, Pun Tsz Hei, Wong Hin Sum, Cheung Lik Hang, Wong Cho Sum, Kayron, Yuen Hei Kan and Pam Yung Pum.

I wonder which other players are likely or rumoured to be departing Kitchee?

10. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]
    After guiding Eastern to the FA Cup trophy, Eric Fok confirmed that Roberto Losada has been invited to join the Hong Kong national football team's coaching staff where he will assist Wolfgang Luisser for the Iran and Turkmenistan's World Cup qualifying fixtures.

11. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #3037 dez112, Jun 1, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2024
    Here is the final squad named:

[​IMG]
    • Anthony Pinto and Ma Hei Wai both made the final 23 man list.
    • Chan Ka Ho, Ngan Cheuk Pan and Anson Wong Ho Chun also made the cut having last represented in 2022 and 2023.
    • Leung Nok Hang missed out once again.
    • It seems like several of the omissions from Jesse Yu Joy Yin, Chang Hei Yin, Jordan Lam Lok Kan are sorting out their contract issues with their clubs.

12. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Mainland media reports that a HK fullback won was named in the best XI this year is very close to joining Andersen at Yunnan Yukun. The only player that fits this description is Tsui Wang-kit.

13. Suburbia

Suburbia Member

Manchester United
    Hong Kong
    Nov 15, 2017
    Tsui was rumored to be joining a CLO team even before Jorn departed, wonder if it is a coincidence.

Regarding the HK team, I am excited to see Leon Jones hopefully finally play his first official FIFA match, and also Anthony Pinto and Timmy Ma. I am glad that Jorn managed to find and recruit Pinto before leaving... he has a knack of recruiting overseas players.

14. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The midfield and defense will face severe pressure from the Iran attack. We did well to hold them to just a 0-1 loss in the Asian Games. Hopefully this Thursday we will be able to perform even better at home this time. My concern is that without Everton Carmago, we won't be able to pose much threat to the Iranian defense. Hopefully Juninho Junior and Stefan Perreira can step up.

By the way, the match will be shown live on RTHK channel 32 at 8:00pm.

15. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm going to say that if Andersen had not been in charge, he would not had been able to convince Michael Udebuluzor to switch allegiances to represent the HK team.

Whilst it is hard to say whether Andersen's assistant Wolfgang Luisser will fare in the final two WC qualifiers and if he will be in the running for the coaching position, I just hope whoever is in charge (or whoever the HKFA decided to recruit) can continue the trend and continue to work and build upon where Andersen left.

16. Suburbia

Suburbia Member

Manchester United
    Hong Kong
    Nov 15, 2017
    Oh, absolutely. The problem is Everton is a right winger, and Juninho is a left winger / striker, and Stefan only plays in the middle as striker. Plus the last time I saw Stefan play for HK it was a bit underwhelming, physically he doesn't seem to be all there.

I hope the all out, hard running midfield defensive duo of Tan and Wu can hold up; to me, they have been 2 of the best and most consistent players in the HK team. I would have picked Lam Hin Ting over Ngan.

100%... he was in constant contact with Michael and his team, and Jorn's legendary career in the German league certainly helped his gravitas. I hope Pinto and Jones gets to play.

17. Suburbia

Suburbia Member

Manchester United
    Hong Kong
    Nov 15, 2017
    A number of players are sitting out these matches to resolve their club futures. There have been other withdrawals, too, and the Post has been told by multiple sources of at least one player who asked to skip the Turkmenistan game so he could go on holiday.

“With all the players available, Hong Kong would be a pretty strong side,” Gerbig said. “We have a few players missing … I don’t know if they’re tired from the season.

“I can’t judge them, it’s their decision. I think it’s an honour to play for Hong Kong. If you say no to a camp, you never know if the coach will take offense, and leave you out in future. I always want to play the games.”

Amazing. Proper respect to Oliver Gerbig, who is keen to play for HK no matter what. I love this spirit and attitude, unlike other players who wish to skip camp and matches to go on holiday.

Source: https://www.scmp.com/sport/football...up-qualifier?module=top_story&pgtype=homepage

18. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    How much do you want to bet it's Hélio?

19. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    "A host of players, including Jesse Yu Joy-yin, Marcus Chang Hei-yin, and Lam Hin-ting are sitting out the games to resolve their futures, but veteran centre-half, Helio Goncalves, messaged interim head coach Wolfgang Luisser at midnight on Sunday to say he could join the squad after penning a new deal with Kitchee."

"Luisser used Pereira in an advanced midfield role when the team trained in front of the media on Monday.

“That was his decision, but this is one of my positions, I like to play as a second striker,” Pereira said. “I am mobile, and can arrive inside the box. If he chooses me there, I can help."

So apparently Helio penned a new deal with Kitchee. I still feel that the club made the wrong decision to let Charlie Scott go though.

https://www.scmp.com/sport/football...up-qualifiers?module=top_story&pgtype=section

20. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]
    Despite the loss against Iran, debutants Ma Hei Wai and Anthony Pinto scored their first senior goals for the national team.

21. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Here are the highlights:

It is great to see both youngsters Ma Hei Wai and Anthony Pinto getting their first goals and whilst Leon Jones made his first start (and despite his performance,) hopefully he will make better progress and gain more experience within the national team.

22. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

Kai Tak's new sports ground is near completion. It is using a new type of grass which is grown in Zhuhai before shipping to Hong Kong for use.

23. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Apparently both Chan Ka Ho and Oliver Gerbig withdrew from the squad, meaning that only 21 players will travel to Turkmenistan for the national team's final WC qualifier match.

Leon Jones is now been made as a free agent after he finished his contract with Eastern.