Hong is FREE! Going To L.A.

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by HwarangDo, Aug 23, 2002.

1. latru

latru New Member

Jun 10, 2002
    NY.
    A little contradictory there?

Have you seen Hong play outside of the WC? How do you know that his play this summer is not equal to his level of play at club level? Maybe he is just now getting the recognition he deserves? Why not "reserve judgement" until you actually see him play on a regular basis.

2. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Team Korea?

Sorry... old NASL joke.

Sachin

3. Korean Football

Korean Football New Member

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    I currently live in the U.S. and I personally think the two are about the same. I think the top team in the K-League is slightly better than the top teams in the MLS but at the same time, I think the worst team in the MLS is better than the worst team in the K-league. So basically the same.

4. Chachi King

Chachi King New Member

Mar 14, 2002
    Ditto here. I have been in the U.S. for the past three years and it's basically the same. I think the MLS games are a little slower but they defend a little better here. Of course, I'm not judging the league by the revolution, who happen to be the local team. I remember Taejon Citizen played Kansas City in 1999 and won 1-0 in a friendly. Call it what you want "meaningless friendly" "championship of the universe" but it just goes to show you that the level of play isn't all that different.

Hong should be fine.

5. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Place de la.....somthing

La Ramblas, there ya go. THank you. Anyway, MAD shops here and there are a lot of Barca jerseys plus Serie A and EPL jerseys. I bought a Barca and a Real Madrid for my bro for like $40 each. I don´t know if that´s cheap or not but whatever. Anyway, Barcelona is a lovely place.

Essvee, I didn´t realize how close my hotel was to Camp Nou till I saw a sign pointint towards it. I´ll have to check it out when I got time. I hear the Museum part is pretty cool though. And yes, the women are gorgeous. I´m in Europe for cryin out loud! And on an interesting note, I was at a club with some friends when some Spanish guy came over and was saying to us "Corea es el mejor". And he was giving my female friends the two cheek kiss greeting. Just thought I´d throw that in. Alright guys, I got €0.44 left on the comp so I´ll talk to you guys when I get back. ¡Adios! (upside down question mark! Rock on!)

6. efren95

efren95 Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Republic of Texas
    Jamisont:

Being a Mexican, I humbly and objectively have to accept the ugly embarrassment Luis Hernandez brought to Mexico and Mexican football.

He was a total fiasco, given his total lack of work ethics, his "party-at-all-times attitude", and, essentially, his looking down on MLS.

7. HwarangDo

HwarangDo New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Hong is one of the greatest defenders and captains in the world.. If you don't know anything about it, don't talk $hit

8. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    Hong will be fine. At the very least, he can't be worse than Lothar. He won't dominate, but then, MLS isn't really a defense-dominated league, so no problem there.

Keep in mind, however, that he'll be playing for the LA Galaxy - Masters of Second Place.

9. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    Galaxy is most consistant team in MLS ever.
    They are more like Atlanta Braves. other teams are Florida Marlins (after winning championship, they SUCKED)

anyway MLS should get rid of that stinking playoff system. it makes regular season games meaningless.

10. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only Maradona ever slapped goals in.