Honduras y Ecuador jugarán un partido amistoso el 9 de febrero

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by BigSoccer Bot, Dec 24, 2010.

1. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Morante is only 23 yrs old and this past season was the first season in which he was given a chance. To say that he is crap when compared to Valencia is simply ridiculous. In that case our whold danm team and and the vast majority of other players playing for their NT are crap too. Valencia is world class, a talent that comes along every ten yrs or so. Hurtado, with the exception of the latter part of the season was very solid. like ive said, Araujo is not a long term solution, the guy is 32 and yes he can play at a high level for another 2 yrs, but sooner rather than later we'll start seeing the signs of all the wear and tear of playing all those Copa Libertadores and Sudamericanas and also the local league. To say that he is our solution at CB for the next WC is being short sighted. We'll be yelling at him and cursing at him for the same reason we did for Hurtado and espinoza.

We have to give some younger guys a chance so that they get experience and they are ready when it comes time to play big games. That is one of the reason we had to stick with Hurtado and Espinoza, its not that there werent guys we couldve tried its that by the time evryone in the country was screaming to bench those guys we did not have guys with the neccesary experince we coud have trusted in big games. We had to live and die with them.

We cant worry about other countrys and their CB's. Historically, Arg, Uru, and Col have always produced good defenders. We have to make due with what we have.

2. Gourcuff_07

Gourcuff_07 Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Look its not about caring about what players other teams have, its about worrying about how crappy our defensive line is. everytime ecuador looses is because of such shitty defense, our midfield is capable of dominating any team even brazil. and well putting Norberto Araujo along Valencia is a much better choice and would'nt consider araujo crap.

also it doesn't matter if Morante is 23 it is obvious that he will never be a top defender he just doesn't have the potential. when Montero was 19 he was flying when Ivan Hurtado was 17 he was class. now imagine A. Sanchez, Suazo, Messi, Higuain, Suarez, Cavagnhi, robinho etc going up against Morante or J hurtado... they will tear them apart. quite frankly I would much rather have a great copa america using an Argentine player and waiting for new talented CB's to come out than loose playing well because of a crappy defence.

3. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    all i gotta say to this is that Giovanny Espinoza was not class at 17 or even 23 for that matter. He was always regular. Eduardo Morante is solid in the back and probably the only ecuadorian bred defender that the majority of people are inclined for to be on the NT. Jairo Campos isn't a star and neither is Jefferson Hurtado but you don't need stars to create a strong defense. It's about finding the right pair that coordinate well with each other.

This may have nothing to do with the NT, but look at Liga's defense. Do you consider Renan Calle class? i don't. Do you consider Espinola class? I don't. Do you consider Jairo Campos, Jorge Guagua, Diego Calderon class? I don't. But look at how solid they are when they're together with Araujo.

Rueda's ability to read the problems we have in the back are going to be what influence our results. It's his job to find 2 center backs that understand each other and can maintain a solid defense. It's not impossible. Morante, J. Hurtado, Campos, Mina, and Guagua are all players with potential...at least enough to complete that mission.

4. Gourcuff_07

Gourcuff_07 Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    espinoza was never a world class defender, he was simply overated and the press exagerated about him on the world cup. Morante and all the other guys will fail against top players. and yes thats why Liga is so solid because they got the BEST defender in ecuador Araujo +, Guagua I do consider a great player who happens to mess up every now and then but Morante, Hurtado, Campos they are all at a lower level and thats why Araujo deserves to be in the team. also if it wasn't about class why do the best teams always win everything like spain the world cup and barcelona the champions league. just put it this way man we have to put the best team available to us while we have it, I think we have a team with potential to win the copa america.

5. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Guagua isn't great either. If Eduardo Morante would go to Liga, he'd shine too just as Guagua is right now. Don't be surprised if Argenis Moreira and even Giovanni Caicedo do well when they're put on the pitch. It's Bauza who constructed order in the back. Rueda has to do the same with the NT. Araujo isn't the only player in Liga's defense. ALL of Liga's defenders do well and no one can tell me otherwise b/c we play with 3 center backs and theres no way in hell you can say we're strong back there only because of one of them.

If Diego Calderon were to move to El Nacional, for example, I can assure you he'd suck. But we see his true potential in Liga with a coach that knows how to create a strong team with some players that wouldn't make a difference in other teams. I don't need to go too far...look at Luis Bolanos in Barcelona and compare him to the one in Liga.

it's possible to turn crap into gold In Liga, I bet it can happen with Fernando Hidalgo this year.

6. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    so... is this still about Honduras or what?

7. Kr0nika R0ja

Kr0nika R0ja Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Big Apple
    Club:
    Deportivo Cuenca
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Just a little discussion to who should be used, I think it will be a good match depending on who will be used.

8. Gourcuff_07

Gourcuff_07 Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    lol your talking about diego calderon, a player who we all liga fans wanted to get rid off. I lost count of how many horrible performances he had. as much as I love liga, I must admit we are no magical team. in fact there is no team in the world that could turn a rorys aragon into an iker casillas. its ridiculous to say that all players perform well in liga because its obviously not true not even in FC barcelona. Liga has had some terrible problems in defence like in the games against independiente, Araujo was the only one who did his job. Espinola was another guy to fail misserably in liga last season thats why he is out of the team. and about luis bolanos, he was never anything special in fact he had some awful performances with liga its just that some fans get too obsessed with their players like barcelona thinking fernando hidalgo was a michael essien. also despite his poor performances he scored 7 goals which is about what he did for liga each season. Joffre Guerron, Damian Manso, Vera, Araujo, and Cevallos were the reason liga won the libertadores in 08.

9. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    if your talking about having bad performances, every player has had them. But you can never say Norberto Araujo does the job by himself because that's technically impossible.

did you see how well Jorge Guagua did this season in Liga? I don't think anyone in their entire life has seen Jorge Guagua have a season like that or even imagined it possible. Not in El Nacional, not in Barcelona, not in Emelec, and most certainly not in the NT. And you can't tell me Diego Calderon finished the season off horribly b/c he didn't. He fixed himself up once the Recopa began. Liga's defense wasn't as solid as in past seasons but it wasn't god awful. It was the team as a whole that wasn't as strong as before. Espinola was great in the 09 season, he hasn't always sucked. Players don't last forever. you can't be reaching your mid 30's and still be as good as you were when you were 25. Your making it seem like Espinola wasn't important to Liga in past seasons as well as Luis Bolanos. Your saying Luis Bolanos wasn't an important factor in Liga gettin the Libertadores?? He scored 5 goals in the tournament and was Liga's top scorer. If he hadn't scored that goal in the away game vs. Estudiantes we would have been eliminated. If he hadn't scored that goal in the away game vs. America, you would not have seen Liga in the Final. Enough said.

10. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Is this match FIFA official?

11. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    pretty sure it is

12. Gourcuff_07

Gourcuff_07 Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    alright bro I dont want to keep extending this and I respect your opinion so heres my last response. Jorge Guagua has always been a top ecuadorian defender which is why he was able to play abroad in the Argentinian league. I agree diego calderon has improved but to me he is far from being national team quality and most likely will never become national team quality. I know players get old and eventually begin to loose their ability, however there are loads of players who don't examples are Cafu, El Tin, Zico, etc... this players were vital even in their very late stages of their career, and its all about consistency, Norberto Araujo has this and I am fairly confident that he will last long enough. Bolanos scored 5 goals and so did Urrutia does that make Urrutia a quality player??? the goal bolanos scored against Estudiantes was a very lucky deflection and the one against america has to be 95% credited to Guerron who put a center for any player to just push it in with no goalkeeper. Bolanos is a fairly decent player but not a good one I close my statement.

13. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    If Rueda is able to call everyone worthy of being in the NT (Im writing "If" because we have a load of players in new clubs fighting to earn that starting role) but assuming anyone called comes. I expect to see something like this.
    -----------------------Elizaga(banguera is out 5 weeks)-----------
    Paredes(Reasco)-------Araujo(earned)-----Mina---------Walter----
    ----Guerron--------Noboa-----------Mendez(quiroz)------Arroyo---
    ---------------Chucho-------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------Caicedo-----------------------------

Montero, Jaime Ayovi, Rojas and Borja probably getting playing time as subs.

14. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I've made my opinion regarding Araujo known, but I will say this, he got injured and he will be out about 3 weeks. Borja? Hell no, or at least not yet. He still has a lot to prove, just because he scored a goal in his first game does not in any way mean he deserves a call up. The rest of the list seems fine. Although I'm pulling for Ibarra to claim the RB position. He's gonna get a chance to do that now that he might join Barcelona.

15. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I dont see anything wrong with Giving Borja a call-up maybe it will give him more confidence, I actually really liked this guy back in El Nacional, but pehaps you are right and he won't even called up, I agrre with Ibarra but in the future, for now I think Rueda will stick with Paredes or start Reasco, anyway does anyone know what Honduras brings to the table, I know they have that guy that Played with Valencia back In Wigan, "Palacios" he was a pretty good player, heard he went to Tottenham I don't know how he is doing over there, anybody else that we should know?

16. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    cuando sale la convocatoria?

y un poco menos importante, cuando podemos mover esta tranza al foro de national team? sin dejar traces, offcourse. Just use 'timer to redirect = 1day or 1hr):D

17. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    La lista de Legionarios que va participar para Honduras contra Ecuador son...

Wilson Palacios
    Maynor Figueroa
    Hendry Thomas
    Edgar Alvarez
    Carlo Costly
    Emilio Izaguirre

estos son los unicos jugadores llamado para el encuentro hasta hoy.

18. Spencer

Spencer Member

Mar 11, 2002
    Quito
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Estas loco Griindio, Bolanos fue de los mejores jugadores cuando ganaron el 08

19. Gourcuff_07

Gourcuff_07 Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    grindio??? no me gusta acudir al racismo por lo tanto no voy a llamarte indio o negro o lo q seas pero ya que hay salvages e ignorantes como tu te cuento que soy blanco de padre frances y grande acentria argentina pero al fin de todo latino. Ahora nose q edad tengas y si toda la gente es de ese color en tu rancho(q por cierto no tiene nada de malo), nose si hayas notado mis herrores de ortographia en espanol y por eso escribo mas en ingles. Bolanos no es nada extraordinario y es una pena q liga haya contratado a maletas como F. hidalgo del barceleche entre otros paquetes. Por eso hemos caido ante el olmedo hoy.

20. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    SELECCIONES: Honduras y Ecuador jugarán un partido amistoso el 9 de febrero

UDS SABEN SI LOS JUGADORES que estan en copa liberta....seran elegibles para la seleccion nacional que viaja a jugar vs Honduras?

21. Spencer

Spencer Member

Mar 11, 2002
    Quito
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    jaja tranquilo no es racismo, asi se dice aca en el pais de tu ancestros...no es despectivo, no te tomes todo tan en serio, fue una broma ;)

22. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    :rolleyes: cuidado papa.

23. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    SELECCIONES DE Honduras y Ecuador jugarán un partido amistoso el 9 de febrero

ademas el espanol de gorcouf es bueno
    aca no estamos para ver errores de ortografia
    solo hablar de futbol
    y si alguna vez se equivoca, y hay alguna corrrecion, todos aprendemos!!!

buena por esa spencer.....mejor aun por el franco/argentino que gusta del futbol de Olmedo!

24. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lol...

"No me gusta acudir al racismo but I'll make it a point to tell you I'm very white..." :rolleyes:

25. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    More like Deportivo Quito bs Honduras....... Thank god for el sudamericano sub 20.....