Honduras v US @ Gillette

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Rev-eler, Apr 15, 2004.

1. Rev-eler

Rev-eler Member

Feb 13, 2000
    San Francisco
  2. Rev-eler

Rev-eler Member

Feb 13, 2000
    San Francisco
    sorry, didn't see it was posted already in "rev news".....since it's not really rev news in the strict definition (like, no double header). i want pay-back, however small, for my experience of traveling down to see that horrible match in d.c. during '04 qualifying.
    ;)

3. RalRhino

RalRhino New Member

Jan 28, 2001
    North Carolina
    Confirmed on MLSnet.com.

US v Honduras on June 2
    US v El Salvador/Bermuda (WCQ) Sept 4

Oddly enough the Revs are on the road for both those dates.

No double-headers.

4. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too bad there is no double header but I am still going to both games. Even though I do not own a season ticket, are either of these games included?

5. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are 4 "extra" tickets included in the season ticket package, so I would guess that these would be two of them, and the Sporting game would possibly be the third. The fourth would either be the first home playoff game or an all expenses paid trip to DC to see the MLS All-Stars vs Chelsea :p

Tom

6. Beez

Beez Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Tornberg said that the two U.S. games would, in fact, be among the four "special event" games for season-ticket holders. Nothing official yet on the Sporting match Frank wrote about the other day. Oh, and 15,000 is the estimate for the home opener, according to Craig T.

7. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are 5 extra tickets if you include the first playoff game. So there are still 2 tickets that are "undecided".

8. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Perhaps an Open Cup match?

9. Rev-eler

Rev-eler Member

Feb 13, 2000
    San Francisco
    well,
    1. Playoff game #1 (given)
    2. Revs v Sporting (tbd)
    3. US v Honduras
    4. US WCQ
    5. Liverpool v Porto??????

that would do it.
    something's gotta give.
    5. could be mls all-star. i'm doubting it'll come. maybe though.

if both mls all-star and champ'sworld come thru..i'd bet the latter would not be involved with our season tix

10. rflynn88

rflynn88 New Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Boston
    It looks like the Liverpool-Porto is a lock but no news on the all-star game. I'd say the championsworld match will be included and that all the Open-Cup matches will be offered at discounted prices like past years. I just hope they move around the open cup matches to diffrent places in New England, its a great marketing move to gain interest and there is no point to open up Gillete for a tiny crowd vs some team like the Mid Michigan Bucks. Also, will these "special events" be double headers because if so it looks a few games will be moved around agian?

11. SirFozzie

SirFozzie Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 17, 2001
    Franklin, MA
    The US Open Cup won't be one of the two special games, unless it's a semi final or final, according to Doug at the Revs earlier this week) (had to buy my parking pass, and I asked ;))

12. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd love to see the Revs play more of their US Open Cup matches around Mass. Ludlow last year was a blast. I'd like to see them play at places like Holy Cross or at UMass Amherst.

13. GPK

GPK BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 5, 1999
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS changes the schedule from time to time as well.....

@ KC 6/2
    v. KC 6/19

v. SJ 7/31
    @ SJ 9/4

You never know.....