Honduran Soccer..... Futbol de Honduras

Discussion in 'Central America' started by DCatracho17, Jan 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
  2. new_skin

new_skin Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Boston
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Brazil off:rolleyes:... They did win 3-0 vs Argentina in Copa America. They are currently undefeated (unlike Argentina who lost to Colombia in their last match).

But right now, Paraguay is playing UNBELIEVABLE football. If it wasn't for 'Copa America', I would say the best. They are in 1st place in WCQ after 4 matches -- still undefeated with 1 Goal against and 9 goals in favor. Cabanas was voted best player in America. Heck, they even have Roque Santa Cruz on the bench:eek:. Great test for Honduras.

4. Zimbabwe_National

Zimbabwe_National New Member

Jan 15, 2007
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    we all find Brazil off, the only game they showed dominance was against Ecuador other then that they've showed major weakness and havent played the same since Copa America. ;)

5. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Keep rolling ur eyes dick maybe that's why u can't see the rest of the ********ing board and the highlights of each game..BRAZIL PLAYED HORRIBLE 3 OUT OF 4 GAMES IN LAS ELMINATORIAS AND IF IT WASN'T FOR THE UNFAIR EXPULSION OF TEVEZ I DOUBT THAT COLOMBIA WOULD'VE OF WON..

6. Zimbabwe_National

Jan 15, 2007
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    lol that was a good game, Bustos killed that freekick.

7. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Looks like its gonna be 2 games.

First game on February 6 in San Pedro Sula then the 2nd game on February 15 in Asuncion.

8. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    link/source?

thanks.

9. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    FIFA.com has 2 games listed, one in Honduras for the 6th and the other in Paraguay for the 15th

10. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast

thanks, yeah, i think 2nd game is a misprint. if you see how the game is listed you can infer that, also, honduran nor paraguayan press claim the same.

11. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Sábado 19 de Enero, 2008

SAN SALVADOR. El presidente de la Federación Hondureña de Fútbol (FENAFUTH), Rafael Leonardo Callejas, desestimó el juego amistoso con El Salvador para el próximo 22 de marzo, rumor que había circulado en los últimos días, pero que el titular hondureño negó a EL GRÁFICO vía telefónica desde San Pedro Sula.

"Nosotros tenemos un partido amistoso para el 26 de marzo y no es con El Salvador", aclaró el directivo, quien se reservó el nombre del rival para esa fecha. "Esperamos jugar un amistoso con un equipo que tenga las características del equipo con el que disputemos la eliminatoria y El Salvador es un equipo con juego técnico; mientras que nosotros buscamos rivales que manejen un fútbol veloz y fuerte", añadió Callejas.

El directivo hondureño reveló que para ese fogueo en marzo esperan enfrentar a una selección fuera de la CONCACAF, por lo que el hecho de jugar un amistoso contra El Salvador sólo sería posible entre mayo y junio próximos.

"A nosotros nos agrada jugar con El Salvador; pero por el momento estamos buscando rivales que tengan características similares a las de nuestros rivales. Tal vez entre mayo y junio, si es que El Salvador se clasifica y no está en nuestro grupo de clasificación (cuadrangular), podríamos organizar una serie amistosa", apuntó Callejas.

http://216.75.63.183/index.php?art=8741

12. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

that's the best you can do with your sassy name calling. What a joke of a poster. Back on topic, if you can somehow refrain from Junior high name calling and keep focus, I was commenting at how Argentina is always given a pass, yet Brazil is 'off'.

If you look at the last 2 WCQ, Brazil hasn't played to it's potential for whatever reason. Argentina usually does play WCQ with tremendous intensity. But if you look at the 4 WCQ matches, Chile played them tough in Buenos Aires. Ruiqelme made the difference with his freekicks but collectively, they weren't so impressive. They the beat lowly Bolivia in Argentina as well, big deal. Bolivia played a decent 1st 45 minutes and then they tanked in the 2nd half, with Ruiqelme again making the difference. 3rd match in Vez, proved to be too much for the Vez. But even the Argentinan press was not too happy with the way that match played out. Venezuela had plenty of chances as well that they didnt capitalize on. So their 1st true test was playing away in Bogota against Colombia. Argentina played with an inspired Messi who almost made enough of a difference.

Then you look at Brazil, they played Colombia in Bogota, Peru in Lima, and Ecuador and Uruguay at home. I agree they didn't impress anyone. Even the Ecuador match was a unusual outcome given how the game had played out the 1st 70 minutes. But you have to admit that Brazil's 1st 4 game schedule were a tougher 4 then Argentina's 1st 4. You want to give Argentina the #1 ranking, go ahead. But on the field, as a collective squad they are both lacking intensity and don't put a product out that impress. Both Argentina and Brazil reached the finals of CA and Brazil did what they do best. Win when it counts.

The only team right now that has been impressive on every front is Paraguay. I really could care less if you don't think the Colombia win was a good win. What I don't get is how you would think Tevez doesnt deserve a red card for hitting a player off the ball?

13. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

if we do play el salvador in march or any other time again this year i hope they WIN 6 to nil.

14. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
  15. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    you know what? your right, excuse my language.BUT you never said that that was what you were refering to "argentina is always given a pass yet brazil is off". you might of implied it but i guess i missed it.
    well thats what superstars do, isnt it? they make the diference on the field. brazil has an incredible amount of superstars on thier starting line-up not to mention thier subs and reserves etc.ronaldinho, kaka,and robinho are AT LEAST as good as riquelme, messi, and tevez. like two of the three stepped up there game for there national in argentina.at least one superstar from barcelona ,milan, and real madrid should have done the same. IF brazil didnt make that sub in the uruguay game they might of lost.as for the schedule goes venezuela has really stepped up its game,and peru was a very winnable game for brazil, so was uruguay considering they were at home. AND CHILE WAS PLAYING JUS AS GOOD AS URUGUAYremember that they tied them AT HOME 2-2. so i dont really think that the fixtures were any less difficult for either of them.
    see maybe i didnt word it right but that isnt what i think was unfair. what i thought was unfair was that the colombian player wasnt carded off as well. we both know he provoked him to retaliate. he even admitted it on t.v. and it was in a newspaper article. it was a childish or "unprofessional" gesture from both players, so they both should have been penalized.

16. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The way I see it, Brazil played Ecuador, Colombia, Peru and Uruguay - 2 teams that took 2 WC spots in the previous WCQ. While Argentina played Chile, Bolivia, Venezuela and Colombia. All 4 at the lower half of the previous WCQ. Chile to me is all hype at the moment. Getting Bielsa is added bonus and maybe just maybe they can make it happen. And they do have a crop of very young talented players. But Chile can't win "a media maquina", the way an Arg or Braz can.

Regarding Busto's comments, in the 'perfect world' I would agree with you that both should have been sent off. But it didnt happen when Tevez had Bustos sent off in CL in '03, so it played itself out nicely:D.

Getting really back on topic with Honduras, I'm a huge Rueda fan. I hope he gets ALL the support from his players/federation to take Honduras to the next level. The Paraguay test is a SUPERB start and will help Rueda + Honduras in many ways. Honduras is very similar to Peru. Both talented squads but their guys usually hit the field with a sense of entitlement. Hence, IMO why they lose 'winnable' games. I expect Honduras to play Paraguay very well. But Paraguay NEVER eases up. They are by far the most underestimated footballing nation in the americas.

Where is the match being played?

17. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    check the posts on the page before.

btw we both know ecuador wasnt even a team in first 3 games of that round of eliminatorias. and chile might be all hype but they damn well can beat peru. and colombia has always been a strong team.but thats just my opinion. lol the perfect world. even though if they just would allow what they do in the nfl "replays and challenges" contrversial plays or fights like this might be penalized in a 'fair' way..BUT THATS ANOTHER TOPIC.. lol

18. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    isnt this a honduras forum???

19. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    yes but the disscusion started over the "honduras vs. paraguay" topic..

but i didnt see any other consversation going on so i didnt think too much of it.. if it bothered u that much than i apologize and i'll try not to let it happen again.

btw any werd on how palacios is doin in wigan?

20. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    his doing good with maynor who got everon attention.

21. Azuran

Azuran Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  22. Zimbabwe_National

Jan 15, 2007
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Maynor is most likely gonna sign with Wigans.

23. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    anybody know if the Honduras paraguay game will be on tv or online by anychance, and if so where?

24. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    go to a resturant.