Homenaje a Luis Hernandez

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by Hugo Sanchez, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    :cool:

Me holding up the mental midget that is Various Styles..
    [​IMG]

2. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Just to be you..

Pires did not play in 2002; he was out with a leg injury.

You're right about them being too dependant on Friar Tuck.

How did they expect to man the fort during his 2 game absence?

YOURI DJORKAEFF!!
    :eek:

Aguirre's coaching mistake was the biggest since Baron not bringing in God. :mad:

That bad!

3. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Oswaldo was not on the 1994 World Cup squad :D

4. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    :rolleyes:

Pobre caquita.

5. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    don't think i didn't know you were talking about Hugo. cuz i did. current God is Oswaldo though. :)

6. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I know.

But that's laughable. Oswaldo is shaky.

Guillermo Ochoa might actually be better and more secure.

But we'll never know as long he keeps riding Tri pine and playing for a crap club.

Carrillo? Get out of town.

7. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Hugo I hope this is another one of your lame attempts to be funny and over the top...Ochoa is very very good, espcially considering his age, but right not no one is better than oswaldo...chivas is a way better team because of him, he saves their a$$es every game and it was cause of him that they got to the championship game...hell they they might have won it if they could kick penales.

8. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Just cos i dont agree that Mexicos 98 WC was all that great doesnt mean i dont give Lapuente credit. He did bring in Carmona and Arellano and i will say his best tactical game was against Germany but imho having Villa/Lara on the field was our handicap..

I must have been confused by your constant criticism and your saying of how Aguirre did so much better and how Bora would have kicked ass, etc etc.. RDL probably have more evidence of your antilapuente

Im not talking about Japorea in general just comparing Mexicos performance. And i didnt like Japorea because many matches were weak sauce.

Players in the Mexican National team play more games than any Euro playing in the CL.. Mexican league players will play Liga, Liguilla some Repesca, Pre Libertadores (Interliga), Copa Libertadores and Copa America, Copa de Oro, and all the friendly matches that el Tri loves to play and they will have traveled far more.. Sudaca players also participating in the CL game also travel more than the Euro nancys that are giving excuses of being tired, imagine if they had to fly all the way to Sudamerica for their WCQ matches.. Now Brazil did win the World Cup and most of their players are in the top clubs, so why werent they tired ?

Too bad I don´t have the magazine but I remember articles pointing out how Brazil benefitted a lot by the fact that injuries to Rivaldo and Ronaldo and the fact that Ronaldinho played in PSG and didn´t have euro competition (or got injured). I remember how Roberto Carlos got so much praise for being the only one to pull out a great performance at both levels and his play has decreased since.

As for the Mexican team, It was the team that had the most time to prepare for the WC since the clubs all let their players go to the NT in the middle of the season. Plus the Gold Cup was full of players that endend up being cut of the team. If anything that is one of the big criticism to Lavolpe and other who criticize the team, when the MFL is the only one who allows them to go work with the NT team during the weeks even a week before the game is, as opposed to euro and others.

In many ways Yes.. France was too dependant on Zizou and with his injury neither Pires or Henry were able to step it up, sh't they are still having a difficul time. Portugal got overconfident, they also underestimated the Yanks and royaly f'ucked up against the Koreans, a simple draw would of saw them through to the second round, instead they manage to get two plyers sent off.. Espana was robbed and their coach was an idiot wtf was he doing subbing out his top strikers, almost lost against Ireland because of that.. Italy didnt play good in the first round but that is Italy, only reason they lost in the second round was becaus eof bad officiationg another game stolen.. Argentina was in the group of death and damn they were just unlucky.. .

France was in a group it should have handled even without Zidane. Argentina , Portugal, Italy and France all suffered from getting tired. I do think it was mostly arrogance because of the style of play. You heard a lot about how the Champions league was tougher and I think they thought they could pull it off, being competitive in the league, CL and the world cup and they didn´t. I don´t care about Europe or the style. That doesn´t take away the fact that this hurt their playing level at the World cup and the world cup. The reason a lot of games sucked was the crap level they played. Teams like Senegal and Turkey were playing at their level and got pass teams that just were out of it. The Senegal- Turkey game was a clear example. They both played at their level and when they faced each other it was what one expected of a Turkey-Senegal game. But it was a QF WC game.

Italy lost because of their crap play and the fact they went behind. The ref screwed up but it doesn´t take away the fact that Italy got tied after they stopped attacking and let SK get the game and they tied. They sucked the whole cup.

I remeber Necaxa eliminating Chivas with a 1-0 win goal from Aspe, could of been another match who knows.. Aspe, Ambriz, and Marcelino Bernal all quality D mids and i still weep at the thought of having Villa/Lara taking over these guys, *sobs* Torrado represents a new hope, aguante Torrado may you be liberated from Sevillas evil clutches in the winter break and find a better club..

The Aspe thing must have been in a liguilla and not a final since Aspe never played a final against Chivas. Lavolpe doesn´t even like Torrado since he hasn´t called him even when he isn´t playing. He prefers guys like Israel Lopez who got injured against St Vincent and then had Rafa Marquez totally outclass him in every sense of the way after he took his role.

9. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I am not here to convince you that Aguirre had a better WC than Lapuente, thats my personal belief.. Also i am not really anti Lapuente., being that he is in the rival side he will receive his fair share of smack from yours truly.. I have given el Pelon Soplas credit so think what you will..

Justify the Euro Nancys that couldnt hang all you want :)

Three diffrent squads and three diffrent coaches, some preparation !!! I guess losing the undefeated streak at Azteca and comming close to not qualifying really prepared us.. Remember the Cruz Azul boys returning from Buenos Aires to play a crucial wcq match, but then again if the Euros sucked up at the WC what merrit does that have ?

African teams have been known to give a surprise or two.. Cameroon beat Argentina in Italia 90 and Nigeria did the same over Spain in france 98 Senegal with all their players in France should not be much of a surprise.. . After that loss they didnt seem to be able to get back on their feet.. .

What the other teams dont play in the same competitions ??? Being Tired is a lame excuse.. They lost because in some cases bad ref or linesmen decisions, and in other cases were unlucky or just got outplayed. Argentina couldnt find the back of the net, Batistuta didnt do much in Serie A after that and Ortegita hasnt been the same as for Crespo riding the pine and Saviola now at Monaco.. Portugal got overconfident and then made dumb mistakes, idiots.. Italia well i saw that match against South Korea and to me they were robbed just as the Spaniards..

10. AtlasZorritoX4

AtlasZorritoX4 New Member

Oct 8, 2004
    ~NORTHERN CAL14NIA~
    Who won that game anyways, Between Atlas-That one team???