Homenaje a Luis Hernandez

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by Hugo Sanchez, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    I heard Campos invited Hugo but he wouldn´t have come because as you know, Mejia Baron was coaching the team in that game.

As for WC 98, I would rather take a defeat against a strong german side in a game where Mexico competed and should have won, than a defeat against a US team that shouldn´t have happened. If Bora had brought Alberto Coyote and the rest, it wouldn´t have improved. Villa was great against the Dutch. France 98 was a better cup, where the Euro teams peformed well and didn´t all choke like in Japan. But then again VS, if Lapuente had won the title you would have tried to find the way to dimish it and probably a ridicolous way like you do with saying that Mexico and the US had just as good WC performances because they both endend with 7 points :rolleyes:

2. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    :D

3. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i heard the same thing also about Hugo not goin cuz of Mejia Baron. as for the Germany game in '98, i blame that idiot Lara.

4. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Wasn't it Carmona who had the ball at his feet and after not clearing it the Germans scored a goal? Now I am going to have to find my copy of this WC98...

5. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Bora Milutinovic is a Mexican made coach, started with UNAM and then el Tri :)

6. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Apples and Oranges we are not discussing Lapunte/Aguirre.. This is more of a what if situation.. Now it is very likely that Hugo will take over the national team just as Lapuente hijaked it from Bora.. .

At that time Coyote was a better D-mid than both Villa and Lara.. plus Bora also had Joaquin del Olmo who had been playing with dutch side Vitesse under Beenhakker. Anyone remember his Golazo at Azteca !!!

Again we are not comparing WC 98 to 02 i see you still cant let go of that argument.. And i dont think that the U.S had a great first round showing, they were the only squad to advance past the group stage with a minus one goal differential. Mexicos first round showing however was quality stuff and to many a true representation of Mexican soccer, just the playing style in general..

7. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    talking about the 1998 and 2002 second round games just piss the hell out of me. we should have won those games. :mad:

8. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002

It´s the same argument, you never giving Lapuente or the 98 team any credit. Lapuente had one of the best performances ever and what I think was the best one outside of Mexico. Yet you go on about how Bora would have done it better and go on praising Aguirre performance as if it was overly superior. Please! Never give any credit to their performance as if coming back against those teams in Europe and at their best was a failure yet dominating in a cup where almost all european teams played dissapointing, tired and at a lot lower level than normal and where Mexico had one of it worst losses in their history. You always blame on Villa and never give any credit to his game against the Netherlands, where he was great and key. RDL is right, you are just biased against Lapuente. As for Coyote, Villa did a lot better after the cup and was a better play. You could make the case of Del Olmo but it wasn´t as he was a superstar and as if Villa had been a total failure. Besides Marcelo Bielsa, your argie god, thought so and took him to Espanyol.

9. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    OK.

See, now this crap is pissing me off completely.

Day after day, one of you morons has to post some smart-alec reply filled with unnecessary info as if the rest of us didn't know it, just to make yourselves feel better about being "useful."

There isn't a single opening that people wont take, including rdl's sister, and it's taking it's toll on me.

I'm going to boycott this board if you guys don't stop with the 'as a matter of fact' attitude.

:mad:

Who am I kidding?

I'm addicted to this sh!t.

I don't care if Bora was made in Ciudad Universitaria, Guadalajara or Tijuana, it doesn't change the fact he is a Serb.

The accent tells all.

You love the foreigner.

Now go away.

10. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Not the same argument.. If you dont agree with my opinion on france 98 thats all good, no need to talk about Aguirre and Japorea 02.. And i do give Lapuente credit maybe not as much as you would like..

Again, we will not agree on what a best performance is.. To you it was comming from behind three times to draw two games and win one match.. To me it was winning two games and finishing the group in first place. We can discuss team strenghts all day we wont come to an agreement.. My point, im just giving my opinion your entitled to yours..

I never said it was a failure.. The come from behind draws were very exciting, fun to watch .. Now what are you the Euro appologist. "They were tired, the Cup wasnt worth playing yap yap" Whatever, i would like to hear similiar excuses from South America and African national teams..

I know he is your bed buddy gave you a signed jersey and all.. no need to get your pantys in a bunch because my personal opinion is that Villa blows, what i think of him as a player will not affect his perfomance on the field..

I have given credit to Lapuente, i enjoyed watching Necaxa when they had Luis Hernandez and el Raton Zarate but i hated how he won two finals with them.. Not sure if one of them was with Arias but the final against Celaya was a bore, Necaxa played like a bunch of p'ussies, and Necaxa took the league on a draw !!! and then against my beloved Chivas, damn Garcia Aspe and his canonazo... anyways Villa didnt stay at Espanyol long enough so who cares.. Marcelo must of had a brain fart when he took him.. .

11. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    He is nationalised Mexican and married to a Mexican woman, has Mexican kids :)

12. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Chingado. See, just as I said.

You really do have this complex.

Puras mamadas de informacion que ya sabemos, cabron.

Deja.

me las nalgas.

Sirve de algo.

13. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Here's where I interject like everyone on this goddamn board.

That was Lapuente's Necaxa against LA QUINTA DEL BUITRE!

Well, more like los dos pendejos.

Anyway, yeah.

[/End VS, Rafael, sid, rdl mode.]

sid, you're excused now, though, just for being a foreign mod that rdl hates.

rdl, you're excused for being a loudmouth.

This world needs more loudmouths.

I should know.

14. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Yes i know, i am just not sure if it was Lapuente or Arias that coached Necaxa in the 97 final agaisnt Chivas.. . Hugol i know what your problem is, you are mad cos im more Mexican that you can ever wish to be. You are Taco Bell i am a taco stand in the corner. You use letttuce, sour cream and cheese in your tacos this is like your posts you use humor to cover up for your lack of footy knowlege. My tacos are asada, al pastor and your sisters favroite, dos de lengua y tres de cabeza.. and you have weak sauce that tastes like ketchup i have salsa verde and salsa roja..

:D :) :p

15. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Snore.

Let's see here..

First things first, no need to defend yourself. I was just being you and dropping in with my two cents on the unsure final bit. I wasn't attacking you or attempting to make you look dumb. It was a playful joke to show you how moronic this board can be with its incessant machismo-laced attitude.

I don't have something to prove.

Unlike you and a few of the other geeks on this board.

That's your top priority, as evident by this last post.

Let me just tell you. You're weak.

See, the problem with our board is this..

No one cares as much about anything as they do about being right, and being more right than anyone else.

An agenda is on the table and it must be pushed at all costs.

Everyone has a different one, mind you, but it's there.

You're a foreign-loving coward. It's that simple.

Tecos is a rep-loving maniac who posts nothing informative, sly, witty, funny or original. F***ing secret rep clique.

rdl is an as yet defined capitalist fratboy who clearly debates you through the roof but just can't help himself from throwing insults or pushing stats to the death. If he'd stay away from that, you wouldn't have anything to say. On top of it, our buddy can't really post anything of true humorous value. Reference the fruity comments.

Me personally? I don't know. Maybe I'm just not as Mexican as you.

That's all I want to devote to the agendas for the time being. Anyone care to jump into it and I'll kindly accept.

My main issue is with you, Mr. sole Chiva. You're an embarassment.

When you aren't right (which is most of the time), you resort to lame jokes, pictures, alburres and insults.

Tired and abused humor at that. Makes me think of junior high. Havent gotten past the sniffing-butt stage, Slater?

Cos. Spoken like a true lad.

Your absurd retort is typical of you.

Playground. Insecure. Scared.

Homeboy, you're not even a pimple on my ass.

Do you really want to get into this?

16. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan

WHOA!!!
    Paciencia Hugo, paciencia. (tipo Kaliman: serenidad y paciencia, mucha paciencia)

17. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    fvck you sweet tits!

show me one insult that i have thrown at you or anybody?

18. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Wait I thought we did this already! :D

19. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Hugol es Solin y me hace los mandados :)

20. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara

Why dont you just humur us with another one of your comical rants :)

Thats all you got eh.. cant say x player is good or that i like Stella Atrois without being branded a malinche, yet here you are drinking your Weissbier while listening to Mozzer.. You are the true cangrejo.. .

You are poor mans version of George Lopez with a dash of Cheech Marin.. lots of jokes but all in English with a few spanish words thrown in now and then.. Nalgas de Ule, lol funny but thats seems to be all you got..

When i write a post it is to share my opinion what does that have to do with being right !!! Didnt you say that "no one cares as much about anything as they do about being right, pi pi pi" Now you are judging my posts by how "Right" you think i am..

Im Zack, rdl is AC Slater and you are Screetch, Lisa is Kelly ;) :)

Get into What ???

21. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think he wants to word wrestle you to death!

22. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Not the same argument.. If you dont agree with my opinion on france 98 thats all good, no need to talk about Aguirre and Japorea 02.. And i do give Lapuente credit maybe not as much as you would like..

If giving credit is saying that Mexico didn´t do that great and whining about how Bora would have been better or Aguirre every time. It´s BS. If Lapuente hadn´t been heading that team, then your anti BS would happen. RDL has called you out numerous time on your BS about Lapuente.

I never said it was a failure.. The come from behind draws were very exciting, fun to watch .. Now what are you the Euro appologist. "They were tired, the Cup wasnt worth playing yap yap" Whatever, i would like to hear similiar excuses from South America and African national teams..

Only morons won´t think that WC 2002 was the freak cup. I still remember how people in TV Azteca were mentioning how proffesional the Euro players were in playing the Champions league and the leagues, who were pretty close. Then they end up injured and blown. Or do you really think it was a coincidence all those crap performances from France, Argentina, Italy, and Portugal? It´s their fault but it doesn´t change from the fact that it was a wc with a lot lower level of play and in which a bunch of regular team went throught without a great rise of their level.

I know he is your bed buddy gave you a signed jersey and all.. no need to get your pantys in a bunch because my personal opinion is that Villa blows, what i think of him as a player will not affect his perfomance on the field..

That has nothing to do with it frenchie. Just the fact as RDL pointed out that you blame everything on him and Lara and yet no props for his game against the Dutch. Out of all the big coaching mistakes by Mexican coaches, Lapuente having Lara on is the least harmful., A lot less than the Aguirre and Mejia Baron screw ups. And yet you make this big deal about it and try to build up people like Coyote as if he was overly superior. Maybe that is why he became one of the greatest player in Mexican history. With Coyote there we surely would have gotten thru Germany and Croatia.:rolleyes:

I have given credit to Lapuente, i enjoyed watching Necaxa when they had Luis Hernandez and el Raton Zarate but i hated how he won two finals with them.. Not sure if one of them was with Arias but the final against Celaya was a bore, Necaxa played like a bunch of p'ussies, and Necaxa took the league on a draw !!! and then against my beloved Chivas, damn Garcia Aspe and his canonazo... anyways Villa didnt stay at Espanyol long enough so who cares.. Marcelo must of had a brain fart when he took him.. .

It was Lapuente and what is this about Garcia Aspe cañonazo? And I thought you were the guy who didn´t care who they played as long as they won? Not that I defend that style but weren´t you the one who said that to combat criticism of the Mexico- Argentina game and when I mentioned how Mexico lost in a better way against Germany than against the US?

23. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Just cos i dont agree that Mexicos 98 WC was all that great doesnt mean i dont give Lapuente credit. He did bring in Carmona and Arellano and i will say his best tactical game was against Germany but imho having Villa/Lara on the field was our handicap..

Im not talking about Japorea in general just comparing Mexicos performance. And i didnt like Japorea because many matches were weak sauce.

Players in the Mexican National team play more games than any Euro playing in the CL.. Mexican league players will play Liga, Liguilla some Repesca, Pre Libertadores (Interliga), Copa Libertadores and Copa America, Copa de Oro, and all the friendly matches that el Tri loves to play and they will have traveled far more.. Sudaca players also participating in the CL game also travel more than the Euro nancys that are giving excuses of being tired, imagine if they had to fly all the way to Sudamerica for their WCQ matches.. Now Brazil did win the World Cup and most of their players are in the top clubs, so why werent they tired ?

In many ways Yes.. France was too dependant on Zizou and with his injury neither Pires or Henry were able to step it up, sh't they are still having a difficul time. Portugal got overconfident, they also underestimated the Yanks and royaly f'ucked up against the Koreans, a simple draw would of saw them through to the second round, instead they manage to get two plyers sent off.. Espana was robbed and their coach was an idiot wtf was he doing subbing out his top strikers, almost lost against Ireland because of that.. Italy didnt play good in the first round but that is Italy, only reason they lost in the second round was becaus eof bad officiationg another game stolen.. Argentina was in the group of death and damn they were just unlucky.. .

I remeber Necaxa eliminating Chivas with a 1-0 win goal from Aspe, could of been another match who knows.. Aspe, Ambriz, and Marcelino Bernal all quality D mids and i still weep at the thought of having Villa/Lara taking over these guys, *sobs* Torrado represents a new hope, aguante Torrado may you be liberated from Sevillas evil clutches in the winter break and find a better club..

24. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thrown at VS, cabron. ;)

Tu eres mi amigo.

A veces.

25. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    HEY! I take offence to that.

I thought of myself more as Paul Rodriguez.

Once upon a time I was funny, now I'm just Republican.

Hmm.

Levante? :confused: