Homenaje a Luis Hernandez

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by Hugo Sanchez, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    [​IMG]

JORGE CAMPOS Y LUIS HERNANDEZ, DURANTE SU PARTIDO DE HOMENAJE A HERNANDEZ, ESTA NOCHE EN EL ESTADIO LA CORREGIDORA DE QUERETARO, CONTRA EL EQUIPO ATLAS DE GUADALAJARA. NOTIMEX/FOTO/GUILLERMO GONZALEZ/FRE/SPO/

[​IMG]

Is it just me or does Luis look like he had plastic surgery? Mendigos.

[​IMG]

Que chulo esta mi Cuauh.

2. Makaveli 13

Makaveli 13 New Member

Jul 23, 2004
    > Dude L. Hernandez looks funny. I read Sebastian Pena from Atlas got injured that game :( <

3. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Luis kind of resembles a cross between Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon and Beetlejuice.

What's going on?!

4. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    That is so efing funny.

5. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Viva el Matador! Nice to see him play. Hugo do you have the results to this game? Is TV Azteca going to show it just like they showed Campos' game?

6. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Nothing from soccertv.com about a possible airing of the game.

EDUARDO CAMARENA

sportsya.com - México, D.F.-Más de 15 mil personas acudieron al homenaje del futbolista Luis Hernández, en el que el combinado de Estrellas empató a tres goles con el Atlas, en Querétaro.

Los amigos de Luis Hernández hicieron un buen partido ante el primer equipo del Atlas, calificado para la liguilla y consiguieron divertir a los aficionados que se dieron cita en el mundialista estadio La Corregidora de la capital queretana, al empatar a tres tantos.

Grandes figuras del pasado y el presente acompañaron a Hernández, el máximo goleador de la selección mexicana con 35 tantos, en un juego que resultó divertido, con destellos de gran calidad y en el que predominó precisamente el gol, la especialidad de quien recibió el homenaje.

Cuauhtémoc Blanco, Fabián Estay, Germán Villa y Pavel Pardo, entre los futbolistas en activo, así como Jorge Campos, Alberto García Aspe, Ricardo Peláez y Adolfo Ríos, entre los ya retirados, acudieron al llamado del Matador en su partido de homenaje.

Luis Hernández comentó que se siente halagado por el cariño del público y aseguró que tiene un par de ofertas para jugar la próxima temporada en primera división, para retirarse del balompié profesional en el 2005.

7. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i miss the days when Luis was on the national team :( that guy was the heart and soul of the national team. looks like Kikin will be his replacement in that department though :)

8. AMEPUNKANIST

AMEPUNKANIST Member+

Dec 16, 2003
    Club:
    America Propria
    That uniform looks like the jersey of Englands NT.

9. ut8man

ut8man Member

Oct 16, 2004
    The SLC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    That would of been fun to be at. El Matador was always my favorite!

10. AMEPUNKANIST

AMEPUNKANIST Member+

Dec 16, 2003
    Club:
    America Propria
    Sabías que: Jorge Campos fue invitado por Johan Cruyff a ser parte de un partido a favor de la lucha contra el Sida el próximo 30 de Noviembre en el Camp Nou de Barcelona.

11. Makaveli 13

Makaveli 13 New Member

Jul 23, 2004
    > Jorge Campos is gettin' more fame now <

12. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    ive heard that Campos invited Hugo to the farewell match

ive also heard that Campos didnt invite Hugo

Hugo is on strike. He wont talk

Campos dodges the question?

so what is it? has anybody heard anything CONCRETE from Hugo or Pumas' party regarding Hugo's invitation?

13. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I really believe Hugo knows something we don't.

Something is brewing, I can smell it.

Why is he so quiet? Why is Lavolpe seemingly so distant and different now? The FMF rumors are strange, as are the Hugo to Tigres bit.

Doesn't it strike you as weird that Kikin is also linked with Tigres in case of Gaitan moving to Coapa?

In Madrid, Hugo's name is being mentioned more and more recently.

The pending departure of Lavolpe in December?

Something's going on.

14. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I really believe Hugo knows something we don't.

I just think Hugo is taking Lapuente's advice. Lapuente had told Hugo to let time be the judge, and I think that is what he is doing.

Also, with more UNAM players on the NT, sooner or later, credit will be given to Hugo for that. La Volpe wont like hearing, "how does it feel that Hugo is feeding your team?"

Something is brewing, I can smell it.

I think so. I thought it was funny when Lavolpe gave that interview and talked bad about Hugo, the next day De La Torre thought that La Volpe was the one stupid enought to open his trap considering Hugo hadnt said a peep in weeks.

notice the little confrontations as of late between DLT and La Volpe about threatening to leave, pointless matches, speaking bad about Hugo, etc

Why is he so quiet? Why is Lavolpe seemingly so distant and different now? The FMF rumors are strange, as are the Hugo to Tigres bit.

something smells rotten in the state of denmark

15. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I believe you have a short term memory.. :)

We all know that De la Torre is in a tight spot and if he goes down so does Lavolpe.. However the fmf club presidents and televisa have given him a second chance and with the weak Hex draw it is a safe bet that Lavolpe can go through wcq without a problem. Panama, Guate, Costa Rica and T& T at Azteca are guaranteed three points even if we field players from tigrillos and Copa Coca~Cola torneo de amateurs.. if Hugol gets the job it will be Lapuente style taking an allready qualified national team to the World Cup. i just wonder if Hugol would accept such a handout..

16. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Let the threadjacking begin..

Nice of you to drop in, Nalgas de ule.

I think he would. Honestly, does anyone here think Bora could've had a better showing in France than Manolo? I doubt it. Personally, I apply the same logic to the farce that is R.A.L. vs GOD.

Points for the amateur comment.

17. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Don't be so sure, Have you seen how El Tri plays lately? All those teams with the possible exception of T&T actually are professional teams. It would be a mistake to be overconfident even tho FIFA is extremaly generous with Mexico.
    Remember the last qualifiers?

18. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    See, I agree with you.

In theory.

But this qualifying campaign is SUPER skewed.

-Coach
    -Player Selections
    -Group Opponents

Our opposition in the Hexagonal round is embarassing.

We should take most, if not ALL, points from the Hex just like the group stage.

There is no reason for a mental slip-up, even if Lavolpe is the coach.

Which brings me to my next question..

How fair an assessment can a Lavolpe apologist, Lavolpe detractor or process-oriented fan make of Lavolpe's coaching tenure (post-two "humiliating" tournament campaigns)??

If this were 2002, Lavolpe would run into serious problems with the players he's fielding.

In 2004-2005, the whole region is in regression.

Personally, I'm not optimistic about our chances in Germany with the selections and tactics being incorporated presently with this coach.

19. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    I am optimistic myself, but kinda worried at the same time, the way I see it qulifying should not be the goal, but doing better than we ever have at the W.C should be., and I'M afraid that playing the way we are playing lately (against amateurs, no less) is not going to cut it.

20. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Wait a second, I just realized that we are saying the same thing.
    Dammit, I need to slow down and read better before I answer.

21. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I do.. Mexicos showing wasnt all that great, what makes it seem like we had a great showing was the dramatic come from behind ties, yes exciting and espectacular. However we only beat South Korea and that was only after they went a man down, before that they were a goal up.. Bora had been building a solid squad, he was even the first to cap tie Rafael Marquez. I think he would of left out Luis Garcia and el Brody Campos, Remeber that was supposed to be Aldo Rios World Cup. He had been nothing but outstanding. Anyone remember his match against Brazil in Copa America, when he blocked back to back shots from the then greatest attack strike force of Ro-Ro !!! as a mater of fact neither player was able to score a goal on him. And honestly you think German "el Mongolo" Villa was bar non the best contencion in Mexico ? What the hell was Raul Rodrigo Lara doing starting against Germany !!! Damnit Bora would of gotten his rematch for Mexico 86 and we could of gone at it against the Croats which being Serb he would of know a thing or two about them.. Just remembering this is pissing me off, you owe me a beer.. if you go to the fox and hounds for the Real-Barca match, make it a Stella..

22. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I dont think Bora would have done as good. You can blame Villa all you want, but you have never said anything about Luis missing a wide open shot that could have sealed the game for us.

23. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Why do you always come back to this?

LUIS HERNANDEZ SCORED 4 GOALS FOR US.

Including the one to put us ahead against Germany..

FOR 75 minutes.

Blame Lara, Campos, Villa and Lapuente.

Blame Cabrito for putting on an amazing display running circles around the German defenders in that tension-filled 2nd half only to miss EVERY single shot or lose the ball prematurely.

Blame Lady Luck.

Sure, Luis missed the wide open one. But how many chances did the rest of team blow?

God damn you. :mad:

24. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Blah Blah Blah.

Is it a coincidence that every single "better" performance, "better" player, "better" coach, "better" candidate, et. al., is foreign?

You're always one quick to point out our downside(s).

I just think its odd.

Don't be alarmed.

25. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    because Vs only blames Villa and Lara and Lapuente, its a team effort. Villa ********ed up just as much as LH ********ed up by not scoring a wide open goal