Home nations bid

Discussion in 'England' started by roverman, Feb 8, 2022.

1. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    I'm personally against it. First it could threaten our existence as independent nations. Second the other home nations don’t want it. They're completely against it. I don't see why we can't go it alone. Most games will be held in England anyway. Why can't they have a Celtic bid

2. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    6/10 of the stadiums would be in England. Newcastle, Manchester City, New Everton stadium, Aston Villa, Tottenham & Wembley.

roverman repped this.
  3. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Come on, this is nonsense.

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  4. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Probably is but I don't want a union representative team. I'm only happy to support England

5. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    Technically it’s not a home nations bid as the Republic of Ireland are also involved and they not a home nation.

roverman repped this.
  6. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    #6 Fireburn47, Apr 26, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2023
    I’m not sure the bid will be successful what with police forces being stricter on what times matches kick off. UEFA are not going to be happy to accept being told to move matches on the order of the police - this issue could flair up at the CL final next year being held at Wembley. The Met might not allow it in the evening if it’s a high risk fixture but I doubt UEFA will be pleased if they have to move it to daytime.

7. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    What would be a high risk fixture? I can only think of a Manchester derby.

As for the 2028 bid, I had the impression it was a sure thing, UK media always seemed very confident.

8. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Hope the bid fails miserably

9. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    The Manchester Derby is the main one after the FA cup final got moved but I doubt the Police would be too happy at Arsenal vs one of the Manchester teams either

10. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Hopefully the new Everton stadium is completed on schedule without major problems, current ownership of the Toffees doesn't look very stable which is a concern.

Manchester City & Aston Villa starting their expansions next year I believe. Looks like St James' Park will also increase capacity but that'll be after Euro 2028.

From what I've seen this season I'd be very surprised if the Champions League final at Wembley featured two Premier League teams, only Manchester City are at that level imo.

roverman repped this.
  11. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    The new Everton stadium is nearly finished and due to open in 10 months time. Even their chaotic ownership can’t delay it four years surely.

The new Northern Irish stadium hasn’t started building yet - that’s the big concern.

12. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
  13. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    It should be called the home nations and Ireland bid. Hate the term uk and Ireland bid

14. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
  15. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
  16. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    You're very weird about this.

roverman and Regis Prograis repped this.
  17. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Just Southgate is always so politically correct

18. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    #18 Slater582, Mar 4, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2024
    Disappointing that Villa Park won't be expanding after all. They'll still be hosting games apparently.

According to this article their new stadium financing is assured only until the end of this month.:unsure: