Home Game 6 - Pre/Postgame

Discussion in 'KC Supporters Clubs' started by szazzy, Jun 5, 2009.

1. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    I want to beat Columbus more than any other team in the league right now. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's the "massive" amount of mullets. Maybe it's the "massive" douchebag ratio in the Nordecke. Maybe it's that the "Crewzers" are on a covert-op in Kansas City dressed as the Starting 11 dancers. (using massive felt redundant there)

If nothing else, this is a 6-pointer, and if we bring it like never before, we can help push our team to play their best. We'll be missing a few regulars on Saturday, with the Cauldron doing double-duty in Chicago for US-Honduras. I'm going to need more help especially this week to try and keep it going for all 90 minutes. Hopefully you're as pumped as I am for this game.

It should be a fantastic night of soccer. See you tomorrow!

2. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I am flying solo tomorrow and ready to help fill in for the missing few ...

3. BloodEagle

BloodEagle Member

May 19, 2007
    Kansas city
    i really want to go, but i will be going to the testament show instead.

4. KCDEFENDER

KCDEFENDER New Member

May 9, 2007
    SW MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Roush

Roush Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For the first time ever, I left a game early by choice. I regret not going to Chicago for the WCQ.

6. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Because of the play on the field, or because of the Cauldron?

We sure were missing a lot of people, so it was kind of an odd game.

How'd the stand work out for everyone? Like it? Dislike it? I felt like I might be in the way a bit if it was packed, so whoever is doing it each week might try to get down whenever they can.

7. KCDEFENDER

KCDEFENDER New Member

May 9, 2007
    SW MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i personally like the stand and i encourage the use of it!!!!

8. Roush

Roush Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely the former. For as bad as we were playing, as many regulars as we were missing, and as negative as the Cauldron was getting toward the officials, I still thought we were in good voice. I'd just put in an 80-hour week at work, following a three-day working weekend on the home renovations with more to come on both fronts. I was tired of watching a game I knew we had no chance to win.

9. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I liked the stand and you did a fantastic job.

10. Chairman Mau

Chairman Mau Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Birdland
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    the stand wins.

away team on the cauldron side in the first half gets the veto.

every shooting opportunity became an impotent pass attempt. i'm going to blame that on josh wolff's absence and everyone else being used to service rather than attacking, i guess, but it really makes me worry about our bench.

i think our midfield does alright, and i've been impressed at times by some of the defenders i was unfamiliar with and questioning at the beginning of the season.

cauldron wasn't too impressive to me. too much silence. but i also thought general attendance seemed low.

how come sudakas has yet to have any notable activity going like they used to at arrowhead? for about a ten game stretch there we had a pretty good system of alternating english and spanish chants with no downtime.

11. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The stand was good and you did a great job, Jeff.

The stand, IMO, would be better if it was taller. A megaphone or some sort of sound amplification device would be good so everyone could hear you.