Holland vs Luxembourg & Belarus [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Amsteldam, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Vinnievin

Vinnievin Member

Oct 31, 2005
    R'dam, Netherlands
    Probably the worst oranje match I've ever seen.... :(
    Well, at least we got the points, but wednesday's match has to be a LOT better...

2. Amsteldam

Amsteldam Red Card

Oct 5, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    And the most boring.
    What didnt help was my stream kept buffering every minute :(

3. -Sx2-

-Sx2- Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OMG good thinkg i didn't watch this game. just watching teh highlights got me so angry. poor poor midfield...kuyt played horrible.

4. soccerNJ

soccerNJ Member

Jul 26, 2004
    where is ruud van nistelrooy when you need him?

5. Fan123

Fan123 Member

Jun 3, 2006
    A certain a-hole dropped him.

Before this match, I was certain Holland is the best team in the group, w/ nothing to worry about. Now I would not be surprised if we lose or draw to Belarus.

6. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Oi! This is how Germany of the past played against Luxemburg:

27-May-2006 FREIBURG (Germany) Germany vs. Luxembourg 7:0 (3:0) Friendly 2006
    5-Jun-1998 MANNHEIM (Germany) Germany vs. Luxembourg 7:0 (4:0) Friendly 1998
    18-Dec-1991 LEVERKUSEN (Germany) Germany vs. Luxembourg 4:0 (2:0) UEFA EURO 1992 Prel. Comp.

7. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It was a complete disaster. There was no fire, no skill, no football from Oranje. I was totally sick watching this awful display of the beautiful game. I just cannot believe what happened.

Van Basten MUST get his head out of his ass. He must select players who can play football. His tactical manuovers consist of next to nothing, and if that does not work, let's play long ball to the World Class J V of H. Brilliant stuff!

His continued love affair with shite players like Kuyt and Vennegoor is embarassing. There is simply no excuse for that performance from every player with the exception of Sar.

Enough is enough of picking a squad of players who have little experience. Changes need to be made, and I knew there was going to be a lack of creativity without, Van Der Vaart, Sneijder, and Robben, but who could have predicted this?

Whatever happened to the passing, speed, movement, creativity, and skill? Certainly we can expect some of that right? Apparently not despite Marco's guarantee of exciting, attacking, and possession football.

No one can defend this performance, and I wonder if Marco will start watching football again as his methods are not acceptable. Its time to pick the best players, and play a system that suits the players.

I am very disgutsed, and no one can defend what we have all seen tonight, but then again it was not good during the qualification for the last World Cup, and the Finals themselves. Despite the record the football has not been up to par plain and simple.

Oh yeah the last World Cup was a bonus iright? Its really Euro 2008 is what we are building towards. What stupid, talk that is!

Come on Marco WAKE UP!!!

8. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    This is disgusting a mother********ing 1-0 win against a mother********ing ************-ass team! Sack van Basten! Bring back Cruyff!

9. Amsteldam

Amsteldam Red Card

Oct 5, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Wait a minute here guys, its just one bad game, I'm sure they'll play better against Belarus

10. Fan123

Fan123 Member

Jun 3, 2006
    Oh no, it's worse than that. You're allowed play bad games against good/average teams like say Romania and Bulgaria, but it's unacceptable against Luxembuorg.

I don't know how many games Kuyt have to play before people start asking why he isn't scoring as he is a striker who hasn't scored in a long long time.

11. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    Amen

12. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    One bad game?!? Bah! We've were utter shite and there's no excuse for not beating those lowly mother********ers by at least 3 goals. :mad: I say we need a change in coach IMMEDIATELY!

13. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    Fine with me. I'd rather have him at Ajax (in whatever role) anyway.

14. Amsteldam

Amsteldam Red Card

Oct 5, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I think you guys are way overreacting, lets wait till the next few qualifiers and see how we do

15. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Amstel what are your thoughts?

Van Basten better get his act together, changes MUST be made with regards to the squad, and the awful tactical approach without question.

Have you seen enough of Kuyt and Vennegoor yet? How about De Cler, and Landzaat? It says a lot when you cannot perform against minnows like Luxembourg.

16. Amsteldam

Amsteldam Red Card

Oct 5, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    If the next few qualifiers are played like this, then yes Marco needs to go.
    But I dont think they will be, this is the start of the year and some guys are just a bit rusty

Kuyt will get better, de Cler is OK, VoH should never even be selected and Landzaat I've never been a fan of.

17. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What happened to your well-known & appreciated attacking style of former days? :confused: It seems that you adapted the German system and we yours...;)

To be honest, I can't understand Marco van Basten anymore. :rolleyes:

18. Amsteldam

Amsteldam Red Card

Oct 5, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I just heard that De Cler has been dropped for the Belarus match

19. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Apparently, upon popular demand aanvalluh! has now been replaced by wat-doen-wij-hier-eigenlijk-uh?

The signs were already there in 2004 though. Just that it seemed to work back then. But that was of course before San Marco decided that he doesn't like footballing personalities.

20. Amsteldam

Amsteldam Red Card

Oct 5, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    It doesnt help if we dont have any midfielders to 'Aanvalluh' with

21. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    It'll be interesting to see how van Bommel will fit into Bayern. If they really build the team around him and he turns out to play very well for them van Basten will look very silly for not including him. Let's hope he is not as strongheaded as it appears now.

Same applies for Ruud at Real, of course.

22. afcajax73

afcajax73 Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    i think that VB was right to get rid of davids and seedorf.. but to get rid of RVN was a little too far maybe... as we shower the other night... kuijt and huntelaar are still not as good as RVN at pinching a goal when we most need it.. i think he should still be in the squad

23. -Sx2-

-Sx2- Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if luxemburg was such pain...belarus will be thinking to win the game.

24. Oranje88

Oranje88 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Jakarta
    No reasons to lost against Belarus... But I think, VB will think, more than us, how to solve this problem. Let's see the result of his job... I really hope for Robben can play this Wednesday..
    Against Luxemb, i think we're lucky Joris scored in the beginning of first half 17th minutes, because i can't imagine what happen if in the middle of second half the score is still 0-0...

25. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Again proving that it is ludicrous to leave Bommel out. Having such a young team results in extreme inconsistency. Youngsters by nature play to prove how good they are themselves, they don't play for the team. We need more players who've nothing left to prove and who play for their country. The midget factor also is getting silly - we're the tallest people in the world yet for some reason our boys look like an under 16 side.

Í'm soooooooooooo glad I didn't pay to see that game.