Holiday Season is coming....

Discussion in 'Referee' started by campbed, Nov 12, 2010.

1. campbed

campbed Member

Oct 13, 2006
    New Hampshire, USA
    Christmas, Chanukah, Festivus? are soon to arrive.

What is on everyone's wish list?

Me? New Yellow long and new socks. Boring I know...

p.s. My big toe is all of a sudden peaking out of my expensive Adidas Predator cleats, but I but my own shoes...

2. thomaier

thomaier Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Louisville, CO
    I'm going to ask my kids (23 and 21, 21 yo was a ref) for an OSI warm-up suit. Probably the red, white, and blue one. There might be better warm-up suits out there, but the RWB OSI seems to be the standard. They usually have a holiday sale...

The only new style jersey I have is ss red. No green. My ss yellow is getting faded, so that might be on the list.

If I get something for myself, I might get one of those Noda whistles. Being the only referee in the area to have one would be worth the high price.

3. RichM

RichM Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Nov 18, 2009
    Meridian, ID
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have the Noda - prefer my Fox 40 Sonik Blast CMG.

OSI already has a "Holiday Specials" section on their website. There's a red and blue warmup suit for $79.95 (regular $94.95).

4. MOREFFIN

MOREFFIN Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Full NISOA Set and New LS Set!!:D

5. glutenfreebaker

Oct 3, 2009
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    new boots for me. Diadora Maracana. They're made from kangaroo leather.
    [​IMG]

6. chwmy

chwmy Member+

Feb 27, 2010
    those look really good- my copa turfs are coming apart and i hardly wear them.

7. code1390

code1390 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. glutenfreebaker

Oct 3, 2009
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a hard time finding shoes because I have kinda wide feet. The kangaroo leather is really soft and I think that makes them work for my better. I've only tried them on in the store though. We'll see how they really work on the pitch.

9. andymoss

andymoss BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 4, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  10. whyref

whyref Member

May 26, 2006
    Wide feet; you need to be looking at some Kelme shoes!

11. Rufusabc

Rufusabc Member+

May 27, 2004
    Guys.....I got the Seiko referee watch two Christmases ago. It's expensive for a ref watch, but it is the single best item I have in my bag (bar none).

It counts up, it has different half lengths, it vibrates, it has a separate added time button. It's great, and if someone was looking to spend money on you this is what I would ask for.

It's the Seiko W772. And it is on the world wide internet at $145.00.

I don't think I would spend that kind of money for a watch, but asking for it as a gift is okay, (I think!!!!).

12. NHRef

NHRef Member+

Apr 7, 2004
    Southern NH
    About the only ref thing on my list is a new watch.

Other than that the "standard" stuff:
    - socks need new ones every year
    - pack of report sheets for my book
    - possibly a new book, the red card has fallen on the ground twice without me knowing and players have given it back. Actually that's turned out to be fun, they like "giving" the ref a red card :D

Don't have the green shirts, don't see needing them. Don't have long blue, but I wear short blue about 1 time a year. Maybe I'll add it just for fun.

I'd love to ask for new knees, but don't see that happening. That alone could end up extending my career several more years.

13. thomaier

thomaier Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Louisville, CO
    I use the game cards at http://sjsra.org/resources.html. I'll print a season's worth on card stock (2 to a page) and have them cut at a nearby Office Max. The cutting is the biggest expense so print out enough to make it worth while. I can't say this is the least expensive way to get game cards, but I like this game card and like them on card stock. I'll use the printed side when Referee and the blank back side when AR.

I like the data wallet at http://www.thewhistleline.com/accessories.htm#data. Its made form cordura nylon and doesn't crack like the plastic wallets. I've had mine for 4-5 years and it is still going strong.

14. zlevin

zlevin Member

Jul 13, 2009
    SFCA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    -New style LS Red, Blue, Black
    -Maybe some new socks
    -Can't decide if I want the black warm-up pants since I have the jacket, or just the whole RWB warm-up.
    -Maybe some whistles, another polo...

Mmmm, this Kool-aid tastes good.

15. chrisrun

chrisrun Member

Jan 13, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. Tim Brice

Tim Brice Member

Sep 22, 2005
    Little Rock, AR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I bought the last pair of 11.5 Umbro turf shoes. I was going to buy 2, but they only had one available.

17. andymoss

andymoss BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 4, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Bring 'em to GIT. We can match!

18. thomaier

thomaier Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Louisville, CO
    Has anyone seen an NFHS polo shirt or other off-the-field NFHS gear? I do a lot of high schjool and it would be nice to have some non-USSF ref gear to wear to the field.

19. uniqueconstraint

Jul 17, 2009
    Indianapolis,Indiana - home of the Indy Eleven!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I envy you guys, I grew up in Memphis and usually go down for at least one of the GIT weekends to visit family and watch some good matches as a spectator (a rare treat), but sadly can't this year. Good luck and have fun!

20. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No, but many in our local area have matching Adidas/USSF pants and jackets we wear to our games!