Holden signs with Bolton

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by CplDaniel, Jan 27, 2010.

1. CplDaniel

CplDaniel Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the 48th minute of yesterday's Bolton v Burnley Premier League game, the camera zooms in to the stands and focuses on our boy with his mom watching the Bolton match. On comes the commentator saying that this was new arrival Stuart Holden.

You heard it here first. I think Stu has got his EPL deal with Bolton.

Watch the game replays on FSC and it's early in the 2nd half you will see him. I think it was the 48th minute of the match.

2. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
  3. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
  4. CplDaniel

CplDaniel Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Holden at today's Bolton Game

Thanks Freisland. I'm concerned that Stu's going to have to battle for playing time with another Bolton January signing, Vladimir Weiss, who came up through the Manchester City youth development program. I heard Bolton coach Owen Coyle in an interview describe Weiss, and he used almost verbatim the exact same description he used when discussing what he liked about Holden. Only problem is, Holden and Weiss play the same position! So Stu will have to battle the current Bolton squad and the new-comer from Man City for playing time.

Here's a link to Weiss's wiki page

5. Georgia Empire

Apr 27, 2006

I think Weiss has greater potential than Holden, but what Holden has favoring him is that he's not a loanee. Unless of course, Coyle plans on buying Weiss...

6. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--

Holden's contract is just as long as Weiss' loan deal, so six of one, half-dozen of another.

Weiss abused Bornstein back in November. Not a bad player, despite the cries of nepotism for his playing time with his national team.