Hod the nob's gone

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by Hard core pawn, Sep 21, 2003.

1. Hard core pawn

Hard core pawn New Member

Sep 3, 2003
    Pompey
    This club deserve everything they get, letting George Graham go, so that the messiah Hod could take up the reins.
    Shame the board didnt leave it a couple of months before giving Hod the tin tack, as they'd have been odds on to go down.
    Has there ever been a bigger bunch of whinging losers than the Spurs fans?

2. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, they are unique in that. I've never seen supporters complain so much. Even on those occasions when they are up a few goals..... whinge whinge whinge.

3. Joe E

Joe E New Member

May 9, 2003
    london
    Oh, sorry...i forgot that liverpool fans are the most passionate and knowledgeable, and are always singing *#*#*#*#ing gerry and the pacemakers and appaluding the opposition. jesus, i'm sick of this. doesn't anyone on this site have anything better to do that tottenham bash and spout ignorant cliches? if we're as irrelevant as everyone says, why can't you all just shut up and mind your own bussiness? and as for leeds fans, captain splarg, what saw on my last visit to elland road suggests to me that you have very little to be proud of. we may whinge, but at least we don't sing songs about auschwitz to spurs fans innocently queing for the buses. and we sung you out the ground. and you're the one team we HAVE beaten this season. so take your northern moral high ground and *#*#*#*# off.

4. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    BLAH......BLAH.......BLAH!

:rolleyes:

You guys done yet?

Hehe.

5. Californiaspurs

Californiaspurs New Member

Dec 22, 1999
    Santa Clara County
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Say wot?

A Liverpool "fan" located in "Pompey"?

Pompey is the nick-name of the football club that plays in the Portsmouth area.

If you're in Portsmouth, say Portsmouth.

If you say Pompey, then it comes across like you're a traitor, someone located in Portsmouth FC but who somehow rejects them in favour of Liverpool FC - something that would make you, heh, a trifle unloved in the pubs and haunts of Portsmouth, to say nothing of the reaction inside the halls of PFC itself, if that's where you claim to be located.

Sort your own life out first, and then think about criticizing other supporters.

By all accounts the atmosphere "created" by Liverpool fans at their home game against Spurs was shite (despite the legendary reputation that Anfield does have).

I've seen several games on TV here in the States where the Spurs fans have completely outsung the Liverpool fans at Anfield. I know that with seating only it's become the norm for away fans to make more noise these days, but Anfield, like WHL, has tens of thousands of fans whose only contribution to the modern game is to moan if the team doesn't win every time.

The days of the old Kop have long gone. To be fair, Liverpool fans are very quick to applaud good play from visitors and very sporting in their own way, and for that I admire them and give 'em props. But Pool fans are little different from Spurs or anyone else these days. They'll criticize their team if they are underperforming.

To be fair to the Spurs fans, even during the So'ton game the fans remained largely supportive of the side, even after the dross they've had to endure for so long.

The few times I've seen Arsenal behind at half time at The Library or lose, most of their glory hunter fans boo them roundly off the pitch, and given the success that those players have brought them, it comes across as incredibly mean-spirited and ungrateful, which I associate as typical traits of Arsenal's modern day "supporters". There's no deep loyalty there, as proved by how their fans have always deserted them in droves during bad times, whereas Spurs fans, like Man City and, much as I hate to admit it, rags fans, stay loyal to a surprising degree.

This is also true also of Pompey fans, by the way. Indeed, my experience is that "Pompey" fans (the fans of the club, not Liverpool wannabes who claim to be from Pompey, or is that the other way round?) are one of the most supportive, vocal, and die-hard groups of supporters I've ever witnessed, both at Fratton Park and away. Come hell or high water, they're with the team. You would do well to pay more attention to your own back yard, glory cunter.

6. Hard core pawn

Hard core pawn New Member

Sep 3, 2003
    Pompey
    Your knowledge is really impressive

Thanks for the helpful advice re Portsmouth, having only lived here for 20 years, I still get confused.

Given that I come from Liverpool I cant help this feeling I have about wanting to support the mighty reds by travelling to most home games, if thats ok with you, numpty.

As for Portsmouth, if you had any idea of facts you'd know the City has been referred to as Pompey long before Association Football came to town. So by extension the club are referred as Pompey too, is that clear enough?

As for the magnificent Portsmouth FC, ive been to more games at Fratton Park in the past 14years than youve probably had touches of a football, shite-hawk.

If youve got anymore really helpful knowledge to share dont let facts stop you