His shit still smells, although he barely shits at all: The Jose Mourinho Thread Part III

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Achillean, Oct 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toslat

toslat New Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    that is something I doubt was being done earnestly. Its been several months since mou requested for a striker, several weeks since pipita has been out, and we have all seen benz performances since he got here, yet when asked, Valdano could only say that we have a 'striker':rolleyes: on the bench.

I havent heard that we tried signing another striker and Mourinho was against it, and so I dont see the problem with his preference for llorente or any other striker. We could have gotten a 3rd striker before pipita's injury which has now made it clear need and not just a want (even if benz was perfoming well). We lost Ruud and Raul and didnt bring in any replacements.

Mou is doing what he should IMO in trying to win games. The question is what has Valdano done?

2. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    As Oscar pointed out Mourinho had the option of keeping Raul but he let him go. And yes, I know ultimately Raul made the decision to leave but if Mourinho had shown as much faith in him as the "loaned out centre forward that costs very little money" he is crying about now we likely wouldn't be in this predicament especially considering Raul has proved he can still contribute.

3. toslat

toslat New Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Doubt RvN is mou's first choice, but eh, beggars cant be choosers. At this point, Jose would likely jump at anybody (including Raul) with any hint of being able to score goals for us and whose name is not CR.

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Raul wouldn't have stayed to be a bench option regardless how much faith we'd put in him. What Mourinho needs now is a player like Materazzi was at Inter under him. An experienced player with lots of respect in the team, glued to the bench unless there's need for him to play. This is what Mourinho explained to Raul, and Raul thought he could contribute somewhere else as a starting 11 player.

This has the reason that whenever the camera would show the bench, the commentary would be "there's Raul, on the bench as always, not much he can offer nowadays". There would be a feeling that he's pretty much finished and we're only keeping him because of his name.

Also, would you consider it "sensible" if we'd continue having Raul's contract on the team for somebody who'd only play when players are injured? Obviously we all love Raul, but that's not very smart.

5. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Was Hugo Almeida going to be this guy? Because the reports are that's who he is upset he didn't get before he headed to Besiktas.

Sorry but this is just more excuses, he could've offered Raul the opportunity to compete (which I'm sure was all he would've asked for) just like he'll be offering that opportunity "loaned out centre forward who costs very little"

What does this have to do with anything? Again had Mourinho not made such a weak offer to Raul in the first place but gave him the opportunity to compete like everyone else in the squad (except Pedro Leon :D) this might not even be an issue.

6. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Why do you keep blaming Mourinho for Raul leaving? :confused:

Raul at the time of the Schalke move:
    So he didn't want to stay as the needed 3rd striker (probably because he wanted to score more CL goals and increase his record). Whatever the reason, he clearly stated that Mourinho would have liked him to stay.

7. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    Wow this is rapidly becoming the most misquoted phrase ever uttered.
    No he did not only say we had a striker on the bench, he said he was concerned that the press were focusing on the search for a new striker more than on the game itself (this remember was post-match and when he had just received a barrage of questions about Ruud.) and that this might be unsettling to Benzema.
    He then said that any negotiations would not be retransmitted via the press. That the club was working hard and we would have to wait and see if something could be done with one of the possible options. He said it was very difficult because the club was quite focused in the sort of player they wanted, but they would carry on working on it.

(Yes he said all this, shock horror, not just a perceived dig at Jose eh?)

We know that the club got it wrong in the summer, although I do remember saying we should sign Llorente then, and most people disagreeing, being of the view the price was too much. Most people were looking for a bits and pieces striker (Guiza mentioned a lot) to sit on the bench... we got Ozil instead and I don't hear too many people criticising that deal.
    If Ruud comes now, I think we can probably say the club got it wrong, but not disastrously so, and has acted to put it right.

How would people feel if asked to choose between Guiza warming the bench since August and being our option now or Ruud coming in January and being here when needed?

8. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    Just to add, I don't think jose could have kept Raul at the club... he had decided to go.:(

9. Horsehead

Horsehead Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Los Angeles
    We need a really good title for the next Jose thread. Suggestions? :D

10. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Raul has said he would make his decision on staying or leaving AFTER he had a talk with the new coach - LINK - he had a talk with the coach and whatever was said during that talk made Raul decide to leave.

Whatever was said made a spot with Schalke look better than him staying at Real Madrid. Nuff said.

11. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    "Am I guaranteed to start in the CL?"
    "No."
    "Ok, then I might go elsewhere."

Fair enough to Raul, though. He already is a legend in his own right and I understand why he wanted to go somewhere where he could increase his CL scoring record. But to blame Mourinho for his exit is silly.

12. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  13. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    :D

"Benzema, Valdano or Pérez Lasa? The Who Shot JM? Thread?"

14. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    "If even Oscar is compelled to consider Raul and Guti viable options you know you fcuked up - The Jose Mourinho Thread"

:D

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Oscar hated the idea of Mourinho joining us. He'd welcome back Luis Enrique before admitting that Mourinho does something right. :D

16. Horsehead

Staff Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Good suggestions. :D

However, this is the winner (and will fit and make sense to anyone.) Go ahead and make it maca. If your fingers are broken, okay I'll do it. :p

17. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    Your benign dictatorship at its best.:cool:
    And yes... you do it.:p

18. Horsehead

Staff Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Los Angeles
    You better believe it. :cool:

:rolleyes:[/mymy]

19. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    In this case you were an enabler, there's nothing I can do :D

20. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Actually him letting Guti and Raul go was (and still is) completely cheerleaded by myself, pom poms and everything. But he did let them go, so it's relevant when talking about his complaint about not having enough strikers.

I did hate Mourinho coming because what's happening now is no surprise, and also because I would never want Madrid to play how Inter played. Then he surprised me in the first few games with what I was seeing on the field: a good team and dominating the opponents despite the lack of goals. Then the goals came and all was good.

Now the team is playing like shit which can not be explained away by simply not having 1 striker especially as it's not just a lack of goals as before which seems to be wrong, and Mourinho is blaming everything and their cat & dog instead of looking at himself. I call bullshit, especially when one of the complaints was caused by the man himself

The fact that the answer of 'the best coach in the world' to a team not playing as good as they can = buy even more new players, is a tad bit dissapointing as well.

21. Horsehead

Staff Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Los Angeles