Hip Hip Hiatus - Team News and Notes during WC

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by maskito, Nov 15, 2022.

1. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #101 NorthBank, Dec 18, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2022
    Just watched the very brief Juve Highlights. They didn’t show the Nelson injury. Anyone know What kind of injury was it? And what degree?

Edit: just heard James & Andrew discussing it and they were under the impression it was a hammie, but also that it speculative since no definitive info was available.

2. CarlosKaiser

CarlosKaiser Member+

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 30, 2018
    Kansas City
    Reports out of Spain that Martinelli has decided to renew his contract until 2027. Not sure why they would have the scoop, they are saying he spurred interest from Barca, but hope it is true.

3. casoccerdad47

casoccerdad47 Member+

Mar 31, 2006
    Based on prior quotes (see below) I’m pretty confident this one is getting done.

I’m very happy at Arsenal. I said it many times. This is my club. I love to be here, I love the city, the club, everything about Arsenal,” Martinelli said this week.

“I want to stay. I’m very happy. They just need a pen.

4. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, it's a strange one. Lots of people are saying this has happened ---- more than just the usual Twitter BS, but the club certainly hasn't made an announcement yet.

5. CarlosKaiser

CarlosKaiser Member+

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 30, 2018
    Kansas City
    Also a rumor and may not be true, but it's going around that Martinelli will be on £200k/week. That would probably establish a floor for Saka, don't see him signing for less.

Wage bill will be rising quickly.