Hint from Arena? Reyna and Pope to return...

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by Nutmeg, Oct 17, 2002.

1. Cweedchop

Cweedchop Member+

Mar 6, 2000
    Ellicott City, Md
    It must have killed you that McBride showed so well in Korea.. As much as you and assorted other anti-McBride bashers (Segroves) tried to convince us that he simply had nothing to offer, he showed all of us why he was so important to Arena's plans..

As it happens, McBride will not be anywhere near the 2006 roster, not with a stable of young players who are quicker, more skilled and will have plenty of professional experience by the time Germany rolls around..

Players in his position to look for in 06':

Conor Casey
    Edson Buddle
    Knox Cameron
    Nate Jaqua
    Ed Johnson

This list doesn't even include the other forwards who will be in the running as well:

Mathis
    Wolff
    Donovan
    Quaranta
    Twellman

2. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, I was quite happy to see the Bruce knows a little more about the game than I do, and that Brian was able to raise his game and exceed even his most ardent supporters expectations. Unlike some on these boards, I'm more concerned with the performance of the team, than the failure of players I deem to be worthless.

However, it is precisely because of the list of players you presented that I suggested the US would be in trouble if Mcbride was to be counted on for anything beyond folding towels. Unless of course he becomes a defender in the next year or so :).

PS: is an "anti-McBride basher" someone who is anti-McBride, or someone who bashes those who are anti-McBride?

3. flanoverseas

flanoverseas New Member

Mar 2, 2002
    Xandria
    People get so full up with vitriol when they encounter someone who had just said McBride would do what he always did against big opponents that they don't even know what they're saying.

4. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    Jeff Agoos.