Hinrunde 2017-2018

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by kgilbert78, Aug 7, 2017.

1. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ive said this many times before..whats the point of 3 valuable points against Hollywood when u compliment it with a loss immediately the week after??
    If anything for a team like gladbach it should increase our intensity...we where so VANILLA so to speak..like our job is complete this season when we managed to beat the leader pants:confused::mad::(:sick::speechless:

2. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wow!!!!Really guys?? Ahead of such a clash where is everyone???
    Is it me that has to do all the dirty work here??? I hope that stupid passive unacceptable performance at the VW and giving up 3 valuable points on the road will not come back to hunt us at the Park tonighto_O:rolleyes::eek::thumbsdown::speechless: We best bring all our class and effort to the pitch tonight if we wanna go into winter pause with some peace of mind!
    Hope that the true Grifo comes to play tonight and perhaps the french kid gets a nod from Hecking? He certainly gives us a lot of options in midfield :)
    What the hell am going to call it...here goes:
    GLADBACH 2-0 SO4

:thumbsup::D;):ninja::ninja::):D:p:alien::devilish::alien:

3. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bo-roken Moenchengladbach 1 Schalke-seltzer 1

Stopped playing after 25 minutes. Result inevitable.....much like their season.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  4. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I saw how we where on fire ...like you said during the first 25-30 min...once we scored we slipped inside our shell like the turtle we are :( and what we do best.WTF is going on we seem flat and sleepy and tired early in the game...its like our only mission was to beat Hollywood and nothing else matters:(
    Whats with this style of Hecking?? Some sort of tactic nobody has ever heard of?? We seem simply crippled either after we score...or before we get owned and then wake the fack up and try to play catch-upo_O:confused::mad::(:sick::speechless::speechless::speechless::thumbsdown:
    Cuisance in my eyes brings a lot to our game, NO??? Is it me only that thinks that??Why dont we send him in earlier or right from the start???The guy has great speed and ball skills and is very physical and strong...yet we keeps him on that bench wtf???? Very short after we scored we suddenly looked like a team thats playing with 1 man down:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:
    Of course Grifo did hit the bar...but this is the Bundesliga u cant hope for things to fall in your lap.We man handled them and pinned them in their own half of the field and instead of taking advantage of the pressure and keep pounding we decided to tuck it in....is it possible the boys have malnutrition , need more carbs protein and veggies..b/c if thats not the case why cant they keep the pressure up to the full 90 min???:(:oops::unsure::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep: what we do best!

5. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really don't have much more to say about the subject. There are simply far too many chronically injured to expect anything resembling consistency. They lack a real finishing striker. They are aging. They have gotten slower. The counter-attacking is sporadic at best. It's hard to know how much to blame the coaches when they don't know who's available week to week........

My focus in the present moment remains on Eberl. I'm tired of the poor-mouthing and lack of initiative. I'll look to post more when results improve. People don't tolerate my critical nature when they don't.

6. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You are on the money with your comments...at least how i've seen in the past years up to now! So who is it that cant handle/tolerate your comments???Besides when you are on point why tug the truth under the carpet?

7. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All of that said, we're not Bayern (no one in the league is) and yet we are in 4th place right before Christmas. Not bad. We could be the Goats....

Dage and Rosebud repped this.
  8. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The goats sustained another massive collapse last night,we are enemies but what can i say i feel sorry for them and dont hate them that much.
    I am now worried about our fixture next...they are sitting slightly above the goat herders one of those teams that may appear easy to beat but we have a sweet record of breaking down during these opportunities...for me this game is more valuable vs against the likes of Hollywood.I sure hope Hecking can hammer that into the head of the boys and that Frieburg has its back against the wall and will come into the game 110% and we best push it to our limits.Id be happy even with 1 point out there to be honest! But a win would be amazing

@Ken : Am still using the wallet u bought me,been trying to let u know each time i post..but i havent been much active recently with everything thats going on with my sister and my own life.Thanks again my friend its a great wallet:)
    Very slight chance i may go to Germany in a few weeks with my Neph..will lets u know in case u need anything..am hoping ill be there for the Puma's b/c thats my main objective!

;):ROFLMAO::p:thumbsup::rolleyes::alien::devilish:

9. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Last but not least
    About the french kid,whats going on seriously ???
    We get a whole different look for the better of course both in midfield and storm...yet he is Sub'd late into the games...is it something am missing or my football skills have shrinked and are still trapped in the Bokelberg era??
    :sick::confused::speechless::thumbsdown::cautious::eek::whistling::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

10. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Most teams work younger players into the squad slowly.

11. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #86 Rosebud, Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    Watched the Schalke match this morning and BMG really should've taken a multi goal lead; but we saw after the goal in the 1st half the biggest flaw with Hecking strategically. His natural impulse is to have his side drop deeper and play on the counter once there is a lead to defend, but doing so disrupts BMG's flow with the ball and though the team came up with a great performance against bayern, usually they start to get lackadaisical when they sit back to defend a lead...which in turn just invites the other team into the match and takes away their own momentum unless they can connect on one of those counter attempts that constantly cede the ball back quickly.

Yes Stindl was probably level with the keeper on his offsides goal, and if the refs hadn't noticed Wendt's push then Stindl one of won a penalty; but BMG was much worse between the 25th & 45th minutes than they were in the opening 25 and the start of the second...though there to they started to sit back & counter in the lead up to the demoralizing equalizer. It's easy to point to those two scenes with Stindl & the brace that Hazard left on the pitch; but what cost BMG the 2 points in this match was Hecking's desire to sit back & counter with the lead.

That's why I pray that you can woo Tuchel to replace Hecking in the summer...especially as Benes, Cuisance & Neuhaus push into the midfield mix and the team must see more of the ball to ensure everyone gets their touches.

At least my favs managed to impress (Kramer, Raffael, Stindl & Elvedi) as I recently got a new person to start watching BMG.

Hecking's refusal to play a 4-3-3 or 3-1-4-2 is why Cuisance only sees sporadic cameos and Benes did little better when healthy. He can't really justify benching Zakaria or Kramer, and altering the shape to integrate Cuisance alongside those two is apparently too difficult. *sigh*

What I wouldn't give to see you guys play something like this while focusing on dominating possession & controlling the even when you have a lead you could be bunkering to protect:

Stindl - Raffa
    Traore* - Cuisance - Kramer - Johnson*
    Zakaria
    Veste - Ginter - Elvedi
    Sommer

*Wendt / Herrmann / Hoffmann / Grifo / Hazard
    With Benes (who comes back soon if I remember correctly), Grifo, Strobl and the option of switching to a 3-4-1-2 with one of the midfield trio being replaced with Hazard, who would in turn join Lars & Raffa in the attack.

I think the issue more than his youth/inexperience, is Hecking's dedication to the 4-4-2/4-2-4. Stick a midfield trio out there and there's a natural place for Cuisance to start in the way Mo & Kramer got to.

12. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  13. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The guy seems like an exception in my eyes,he clearly moves the chains on our side smoothly he is physical covers a lot of ground and he has a sweet cannon that can hit the target from long range with precision ball-skills and also creates a lot of confusion for the opposing team.Big mistake to send hi so late into the game!
    :speechless::thumbsdown::whistling:

14. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree with Rosebud..Hecking is making it easy for opposing sides...almost like all Buli teams have our blue print.I would only drop deep if my team is at least 2 goals up...even then its a big risk.We definitely lose our flow when we suddenly change our tempo and drop deep...SUPER BIG mistake..whats even more weird is the fact that if we can see this huge flaw how can someone like Hecking with extensive experience not fix this and open his eyes to such a blunt obvious mistake he has done many times so far this season???
    :sick::speechless::eek::confused::mad::mad::mad::(:cautious:o_O

LuckyStriker and Rosebud repped this.
  15. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Big game tonight and against a team that has not given up against us on home turf for many many years...lets see if the boys can change this fortune this afternoon???3 points here can go a very long way in our table standings come end season!
    :unsure::thumbsdown::speechless:

16. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's because of his experience that he reverts to that type of antiquated Mourinho-ball. That's the kind of football he was raised in as a coach so that's the way he views the sport and what he turns to in times of trouble. We're used to watching BMG (or my eiserne) play their way out of trouble in all situations; that's the kind of football I love & the lens through which I see the game. So what we see is different from what Hecking sees.

But hopefully someone sits down with him over the winter and they can have a heart to heart that causes Hecking to realize this negative trend and that with this team he can not just cede the initiative; even when there is a 1 goal lead that could be protected.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS and LuckyStriker repped this.
  17. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #92 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Dec 12, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    Mr.Lucky if i may use your quote
    After watching tonight's game we are deffo "Broken Borussia"
    This in no way shape or form is acceptable...according to ken a team which is sitting at 4th and we should be happy and proud...does not give up a game such as this and so important over on a silver platter...has anyone looked at the table..we can drop as low as ....well we all know by tomorrow.
    We should have ripped our livers and guts out to at least get one point.Even if we get into Europe am truly tired of this half aRss style.Am still waiting ...for the past 20 years to see some sort of consistency and ive seen none..different coaches different players and some very proud moment's i have shared with this team and its fans's ..on this forum too... but the sad reality is that we cannot convert when it matters ..we are simply not professional enough even though we like to think our team is a top quality euro team in the Buli...we can not produce some sort of steady quality . Its not for us Glabachers so much about points and the table but we deserve better and we should shine brighter ..but it certainly shouldnt be like oh no..not a chance.We are constantly a guessing game some games in progress and one step ahead and the enxt week we drop 3 steps behind ...and it really massively runs u down to the floor and even deeper below watching this monkey business...i mean wtf man???? They killed us with kindness tonight..it seemed they didnt even break sweet...yet we where constantly trying to find a way to pressure them and there was non found...it seemed they where laughing at us politely ! Is it that difficult to or hard to see that we need a top notch ice cold striker???? Raffas leg's are giving up..thats what goes first when an athlete ages...father time catches up and its the legs that go...and besides raffa the rest of our so called ' strikers" are like that weird rooster in the neighborhood that starts singing at odd hours of the day or night when a rooster should be doing everything else but annoying the households close by! I guess for business and a lavish life style...its good business for likes of Eberl and management and whoever is involved with the club...they grab players...build them sell them with huge profits...we fans get the short end of the stick...b/c the players also seem to not care much about club colors and tradition either like the time i was growing up...pretty pissed specially when we scaped with murder last week...when most teams close to us also had bad results...yet we couldnt capitalize on it...damn damn damn...i so much wanna say screw it and kiss it goodbye...tonight we could have even lost by 2 or more goals and some quality saves by sommer was what made the difference.
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless:

18. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You'll get consistency when you can afford players like Bayern. And two teams of them--like Bayern. Other than that? Good luck.

19. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    the last two (or three) matches were an excellent opportunity to get fattened up for winter
    sing: flieg nicht so hoch mein kleiner Freund... dashed hopes, again!
    Wolfsburg and Freiburg traditionally are bad turf for Borussia... I still wonder why such 'traditions' are that persistent (given the high fluctuation of players and coaching staff)

our situation is still quite good... at least compared to my expectations before season started...
    then again not that good, because we have the h-u-g-e advantage of not playing any international matches
    then again quiet good because instead of kicking ball half of the squad is singing advent hymns and baking christmas cookies at the medical headquarter for weeks now ... I'm wondering who is gonna eat all this stuff...
    then again not that good because the whole Bundesliga is in extremely bad shape at the moment... we're obviously not strong enough to exploit this chance entirely

last season I really thought we would never have that much injuries again... I was plain wrong... you remember Doucouré? 1 & 1/2 years at the club: no competitive matches at all and out for weeks AGAIN!

anyway: bad news for some here ;-): most likely Dieter is gonna sign a new contract in the next weeks (the decision-makers in Gladbach really like to act long-term... like it or not...)
    by the way: Hecking always strongly insists that falling back after taking the lead - like against S04 - is totally against his orders ... believe it or not ... it seems to be insubordination of the players ;-)))

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  20. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well how about the likes of Hoffenhein and RBL???As i said its not about where we stand in the table...or winning every game u and i both know b/c we are gladbach fans. and not into commercial glory and fancey bandwagons..but i think if we take away the result factor teams like RBL and Hoffenheim have managed to create some sort of consistent ballance..no??

21. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Am glad someone else brought this up b/c i didnt wanna be the only broken record here..i ABSOLUTELY believe its not so much Hecking...and i have this gut feeling each and every game right after we score...suddenly the boys lose PSI massively:(
    There is some players with exception...i think its a combination of mental weakness or??? Only god knows...these boys have played long enough and have a decent balance of youth and experience not to fall back on a flimsy one lead goal and hope for the ebst...i love how Zakaria brings it each game...Stindl as well..Vestergaard has been excellent as well..but the rest not sure.....and Hazard even though is plastered with the IN-FORM stamp all over the media has fallen short massively imo???We need a stone cold killer at storm...Bobadilla would have been a much better pick to start last ngiht...but then we couldnt feed the strikers last not even if we waited till the cows came home.
    Anyway rosebud believes its the Hecking effect..he may be a bit traditional..but i find it hard to believe such a coach cant see a one lead goal is not even remotely clsoe enough...i think the boys for some facked up reason have lost the required srive! I was very happy with Cuisance last night boy he has skills clear vision and picks the midfield apart and opens space..both with and without the ball...the guy should get more playing time.I hope tonight we dont drop to 6-7th in the table...we could have gone with a sweet cushion into winter pause if we didnt deflate after the Hollywood game:(
    :sneaky::thumbsdown::whistling::speechless::speechless::speechless::confused::confused::confused::sick::sick::sick::cautious::cautious::cautious:

22. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Another question mark is Grifo...he has been disappointing ..not sure if its just not being used to the team yet or he is physically weak and hasent hit his top-form yet...or is he playing in a position he is not comfortable with considering his supporting group of players?
    :whistling::eek::mad:

23. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Last but not least...ive given up thinking about our injury situation...this curse actually started towards the end of Favre reign in Gladbach...and we still cant get our regulars on that pitch on a regular basis...maybe the stuff Dominguez claimed was true...i as a physical therapist with extensive experience in rehab ( even done a few rotations in Canada at the CFL with the BC Lions) find it hard to believe our rehab staff and physio's are top shelf.At this point the more time goes by the more i have big ? about our rehab team:(

LuckyStriker repped this.
  24. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  25. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We'll see. RBL have not been in the top flight that long to call it "consistency". And let's face it--RBL does have the kind of funding that Bayern has. For now. And, as I recall, wasn't "Hopp"enheim near the relegation zone not that long ago?