Hindsight isn't 2020 - The 2019-20 Season Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Jul 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lacosta

Lacosta Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Feb 26, 2020
    In The Galactic
    "Put A.Fati on the wing supporting Messi and Suarez, then you will see different results." .....

Ofori, you have to realize that no combination of the current Barca players can win us La Liga. Today's game in Vigo proved that. The front line was as you were suggesting and we still lost 2 very important points. And if the tie against Sevilla was not surprise, because they are battling Atletico for the 3-rd place, this one, against 16-th place Celta team showed very clearly that Barcelona hit the rock bottom. Even the two perfect goals from Luis were not enough to cover all weaknesses of the team. The moral of the team is very, very low, because we don't have anymore our leader. Messi is done. His shots are off target. His free kicks are off target. Most of his passes are off target. His speed is not there anymore and on the top of all, he does not play any defense at all.

You are right. Grizman's position, same as Coutinho's is SS ( second striker) but we all know that Don Leo plays there and for that reason these two stars failed to succeed in Barcelona. And until 2023, no player like the mentioned ones can have any success here because of Messi.

2. Lacosta

Lacosta Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Feb 26, 2020
    In The Galactic
    Go ask them now if Barcelona still have better chances of winning La Liga.
    Next round will end all hopes for a title. I am Barcelona fan since Hr.Stoichkov era but I am also a realist. Atletico will beat us at Nou Camp and will end all speculations. And it is not that Real are very, very strong as a team. It's just that Barcelona looks at the moment as one of the worst team in the league.

3. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    Now we are 1 point ahead but RM gonna beat Asspayol easily so yeah, the tittle is over.

Time for rebuild next season. Who gonna be our next coach? Need someone who has ball, like Lucho.

4. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    next season will just be damage control. can't rebuild until Bartomeu moves on.
    doesn't matter who the coach is as long as this board is making the decisions.

Rattlehead, Gilmango and unclesox repped this.
  5. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Xavi, participated in a video conference moderated by Jordi Évole.
    At one point, Évole asked Xavi about his future and his plans at Barça.

[​IMG]

"The biggest dream I have now is to be Barça coach and return Barça to winning ways. Not for me, but those footballers and for Barça to succeed. And, as a consequence, our technical staff, who are preparing a lot and it makes us very excited."

Asked if he would be a prized subject during the next presidential elections he said: "Man, well, I imagine so. What I am is a transversal person. I am a club person. And what I would like is to have all the conditions to return at the right moment to start a project from scratch. I have said that many times but I would like to be able to make the footballing decisions at Barcelona."

"It is clear that the scene after the elections would be perfect. Of course I do. I'm not ruling anything out. They came for me in January. We were talking and such. I told them that neither the circumstances nor the timing were right for me. But I hope they happen again."

Gilmango repped this.
  6. Lacosta

Lacosta Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Feb 26, 2020
    In The Galactic
    Not only today's game Espagnol - Real will give Los Blancos an 2 point edge but Tuesday, when we meet Atletico, that lead can became 5 points. Then that same Asspanol, as you called them will play on July 8 against us and is very possible to leave Camp Nou with one point. But, as I sad, the title race will end on Tue. June 30. As per ..."who gonna be our next coach?" I don't expect any changes till summer of 2021 when eventually the new board will step in and Bartomeu and Abidal will be gone. It is very possible that Carles Puyol can became a Sporting Director if Victor Font win. That means Xavi will take over as a coach. That, to me will be the worst case scenario, even though I like Font and his long term plans for Barcelona. Why I am saying that? Because Xavi has played with all of our dead weights and will be impossible for him to get rid of them.

7. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    1277373547162279938 is not a valid tweet id

Setien is done after this season. No way around.

Even Suarez called Messi back but not work.

8. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Xavi as Barca coach...I would love that

ShortyMac repped this.
  9. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    He would wait till this current board go then many old players as well.

unclesox repped this.
  10. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    The whole club is a mess now

11. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    Now RM with 64% of winning it.

So yeah, congratulation RM

12. Lacosta

Lacosta Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Feb 26, 2020
    In The Galactic
    Xavi is a smarter than a fox. He won't take over this summer. he will wait till this board is down and at least half of the veterans are gone. I am 100 % sure.

13. Lacosta

Lacosta Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Feb 26, 2020
    In The Galactic
    TRUE

14. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    The way its setting-up, we could relegate Asspanyol by beating them on that day. That'll be the most satisfying part of the season, if it happens.

15. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lol, Mallorca are beating the team we struggled to get a 2-2 draw with 5-1.

ShortyMac repped this.
  16. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know... :mad::rolleyes:

17. Lacosta

Lacosta Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Feb 26, 2020
    In The Galactic
    That shows what kind of mess we are at the moment. We used to beat this teams 4:0 and 5:0.

18. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    We tired them out. You're welcome, Mallorca.

19. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    ... and yet Real fecking Madrid can afford to loan out Dani Ceballos whilst we have Rakitic as a regular starter ..

20. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
  21. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    In fact, we just beat Mallorca 0-4. That's football. :cool:

22. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    hmm... strange scheduling. LPB play 4 matches during the last 10 days of La Liga season. Maybe they'll screw-up? Not that it matters, Barca will screw-up more. :(

23. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Talkfcb made this point, but this Barca team are so slow it's laughable. Couple of times we had a potential for a clear run on goal, once was Suarezand other time Messi played a glorious ball to Vidal, both Suarez and Vidal moved with the pace of the zombies in Night of the Living Dead.

24. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Rakitic , Suarez and Vidal are all dreadfully slow for the modern game .

25. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    At this stage of his career Messi should be surrounded by young quick players, he plays kilker passes in every game but because we have no pace there is no one to take advantage of them. Not to worry, we have the lightning quick Leory Sane on, erm what hold on, we've not signed Sane but a 30 year old midfielder with no pace? Oh shit.