Hillary said

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by verybdog, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Member+

May 12, 2003
    Berkeley, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't disagree on either count, but let's be clear: war profiteer and oil tycoon are not synonymous. We must be precise in our language.

2. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    Read the title of this thread. That should be enough.

3. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You make no sense whatsoever. The title is "Hillary said." You responded to another post by saying "the Democrat side failed this time." What or who are you saying was a failure?

4. Metros Striker10

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    Oh my goodness dude. The failure was Hilary's unprofessionalism. She does represent the Democrats, right?

What else could it have been?

5. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last time I checked, she represents the people of New York.

6. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Member+

May 12, 2003
    Berkeley, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Huh. I thought you meant it was the Democrats who post on this forum, who failed to console your hurt feelings because the President got chided by a girl.

7. SgtSchultz

SgtSchultz Member

Jul 11, 2001
    Parts Unknown
    Making money is not a crime. She made money at options and she was not even a professional trader. Either she is a super genius or had Tyson foods telling her what to buy. You do the math.

8. Metros Striker10

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    Blah blah blah. Seriously...stop with the fluff. It isn't cute. It makes you sound like the kid in a classroom who keeps backtalking to the teacher even though he's wrong.

9. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    I don’t understand this fixation on Hillary… from both sides of the aisle.

Hopefully she doesn't run in 2008.

10. Metros Striker10

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    I would have said the same thing about any other person. The same way I didn't like the way Bush made those WMD jokes at that one dinner.

11. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Except for the fact that I'm not wrong. You seem to think Hillary acted "unprofessionally" whatever that means for a politician, yet you haven't articulated...or not very well at least....what she did that was so unprofessional.

She said it seemed like Alfred E. Neuman was running the country with "what, me worry" as the national mantra. You have done nothing to dispute her overall point which was regarding this administrations many failures. You keep harping on your idea that what she said was unprofessional....and that was only after it was pointed out to you that she was not referring to GWB's looks.

You then made a simplistic generalization that Hillary represents the Democrats and said I was being cute when I said she represents the state of New York. The problem...for you....is that I am correct. She was elected by the people of New York and represents them. Does she represent Democrats? Well certainly she is a Democrat but that doesn't necessarily mean she represents the views of all Democrats any more than Tom DeLay represents the views of all Republicans.

12. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard a statement made by Jimmy Carter the other day, he said something along these lines, I do not have the exact quote so I am paraphrasing. When I was in the election with Mr. Reagan, we addressed each other as my distingushed opponent. Doesn't that make you long for the days when a modicom of respect was given even by rivals?

The mud slinging by either side only convinces me further that we can do better without either party.

13. Roel

Roel Member

Jan 15, 2000
    Santa Cruz mountains
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    She is a closet Republican. She would do nothing different than Kerry or Gore.
    - would address government spending and balance the budget
    - would not start new wars of aggression
    - would support big government programs (OK, not a pure Republican.)

W stills sucks long salty donkey *****, and is a terrible Republican.
    - deficit spending, with no balanced budget in sight
    - interventionist foreign policy
    - big government programs

14. Metros Striker10

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    Oh please. If your company sends you out on a business meeting, do they want you to pull a Peter Gibbons and come in street clothes and fresh bass? No, because you would be a bad representative of that company. Of course not everyone would be like you, but they will think that everyone where you work dress like that. Not a good idea.

15. Roel

Roel Member

Jan 15, 2000
    Santa Cruz mountains
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    W's entire presidency is a joke. He demonstrated his real personality with his "Texas victory salute."

16. Metros Striker10

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    Oh yeah, you actually go against your beliefs yossaian...how can she represent NY? Does everyone in NY think like her?

17. Metros Striker10

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    Oh my...now there's a guy who can represent! He represented like 99.9% of America! Who hasn't flipped someone bird (seriously or kidding)?

18. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you really that obtuse? Do you understand the distinction between being elected by a state to represent that state in the Senate versus representing or more accurately speaking for an entire group? I never said she represents the views of every New Yorker....but nice try. She does however represent the state of New York in the Senate....she was elected to do so. This is 7th grade Civics...do you understand?

And your company analogy is ridiculous and shows your lack of knowledge when it comes to politics. Being a member of a political party whether it's Republican or Democrat is not as monolithic as working for a corporation. The parties accept the fact that not everyone that labels themselves as a Democrat or Republican is going to hold exactly the same views on every subject.....because in the end...although the Senator or Congressman is a member of a party...he/she is ultimately responsible to the constituency that elects them.

19. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not hard enough

20. Metros Striker10

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    Dude, stop beating around the freakin bush. Now, politicians don't represent the ideals of a particular party? "Oh, he's conservative just like any other Republican." "Oh, they are liberal just like another other Democrat?" What, are you going to say that those phrases are never said either? Please. She's a Democrat and represents the Democrats. It's really not that hard to understand.

21. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does EVERY Democrat believe in abortion rights?
    Does EVERY Republican support the anti-abortion movement?
    Does EVERY Democrat believe in raising taxes?
    Does EVERY Republican believe in lowering taxes?

See if you can answer these questions and then maybe finally you'll start to understand things.

22. vivzig

vivzig New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    The OC
    Thinking like this scares me. It should scare you too.

23. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just for the record, I said in my post that I wasn't weighing in on Cheney's attire that day--I just thought that the two situations were completely dissimilar, and the analogy was weak.

24. Metros Striker10

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    Dude, when I say represents, I'm saying she represents the party. The same way Jason Giambi represents the Yankees. Get it?

25. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You didn't answer my questions.