Hillary said

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by verybdog, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It wasn't a mistake.

2. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    *bangs head on wall*

What she said was wrong. At the professional level, you simply don't offend someone like that. It's one thing to say that he has made wrong decisions, it's another to say something about his physical features. That is down right immature. I thought she was in her 50s, not 8 or 9.

3. biggyv

biggyv Member

May 18, 2000
    PGH PA
    How is it offensive? She is comparing Bush's inability to deal with fundamental problems to the catch phrase from MAD Magazine. I can't imagine how someone would find that offensive.

She didn't say anything about his physical features.

4. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lighten up, Francis.

Its really pretty witty, certainly an insult worthy of a certain soccer-oriented chat room. So, the reeps can feign outrage as the privately - and publically - call Hil a Dyke, etc. And the dems will feign outrage.

Its all good.

5. Barbara

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It's the attitude, not the physical resemblance that she was alluding to.

6. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, she clearly mentioned the "what me worry" line in the comments.

7. DynamoKiev_USA

DynamoKiev_USA New Member

Jul 6, 2003
    Silver Spring, MD
    ARRGGHHHHH

Can people please stop with this fake outrage business for crying out loud :mad:
    Yes this goes for Cheaney's freakin' burka coat :mad:

Please please please democrats, do not nominate Clinton because we won't hear the end of this bullshit that is positively getting on my tits after 15 years :mad:

8. MattR

MattR Member+

Jun 14, 2003
    Reston
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The reason for the outrage is the accurate assessment of a President who couldn't find his a$$ with two hands and a flashlight.

9. DynamoKiev_USA

Jul 6, 2003
    Silver Spring, MD
    The reason for the outrage is the same as it was when Durbin made his b.s. "Gulag" remarks a few weeks back -- the GOP P.R. machine seized upon them to change the subject once again. Well, in my view, the Democrats aren't too keen on staying on message anyway -- instead preferring to fight for a spot in the media spotlight by saying something "contraversial". Cue 24-hour coverage of Clinton's "contraversial remarks".

10. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago

the truly funny thing about this statement is that by jumping to the conclusion that someone is making fun off his physical features when in reality that is not the case, you are actually mocking his physical features. ;)

11. Metros Striker10

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    You didn't see the third post, did you?

12. Metros Striker10

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    Yes, we are arguing about the wrong thing. We should be arguing about how Hilary recently is more focused on her presidential campaign rather then her campaign to become the Senator of New York. It's really the people from NY that should be complaining..not us..they are the ones who might live in a state where the Senator has other things in mind instead of their primary job. Wanna prove how that's false? And no, her saying it's false doesn't count. Roger Clemens and Michael Jordan often spoke about a permanent retirement..didn't happen.

13. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Wow, I had no idea that Hillary was posting on this board under the alias of "Revolt" pretending to be a Northern California Male.

Who knew.

You really, really need to lighten up. Political caricature is as old as politics in this country. Surely you remeber Bill Clinton cartoons where he is fat with a big red clown nose?

14. DynamoKiev_USA

Jul 6, 2003
    Silver Spring, MD

It's politics dude. I guess Sen. Frist's display of amazing medicinal skills on the senate floor have nothing to do with his national aspirations and everything to do with serving the people of Tennessee?

Grow up, stop being a sheep, and don't get caught up in what your party's propoganda machine wants you to get caught up in.

15. Metros Striker10

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    You gotta be kidding me. Like the Democratic is different? Please. I'm complaining about Hilary for two reasons. First, what she said was unprofessional. Whether it be a facial expression or a quote, it was wrong. It's one thing if you point out a fault and come up with a solution, it's another when you mock and don't follow up with a solution. That is the problem. Who is she to come on stage, mock the president about what he has done? Does she have a solution? No, she doesn't. Just because you point something out, doesn't mean you are better. Second, she's phony. She said all those positive remarks about the war because is she doesn't people won't vote for her. Kerry did the opposite and lost. If she can learn that voters like complaints and solutions, she will win. Get it?

16. SgtSchultz

SgtSchultz Member

Jul 11, 2001
    Parts Unknown
    Mad magazine is mad at Hillary. How dare she compare Alfred E. Nueman to George W. Bush. The magazine will be suing Hillary for defamation of Nueman's character.

Hillary Clinton is biggest fake in America. I still remember all the money she made in options trading. To do this day, her explanation was weak. She is crooked and she learned crookedness from screwing her husband.

17. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Member+

May 12, 2003
    Berkeley, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, there is something interesting in Hillary's remarks. She criticized Bush on his domestic policy, while voicing support for his foreign policy, more or less. Presumably she's testing out this tactic, recognizing Bush's area of vulnerability.

18. Metros Striker10

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    Yes, she is.

19. Barbara

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Making money is a crime? Since when? Since it's an outspoken woman who's doing it? Having sex with your husband is a bad thing?

Hillary is no more fake than any other politician. Y'all just don't like her because she's smarter than you people and it makes you nervous.

Unreal. You people are hopeless.

20. Metros Striker10

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    Then stop whing about the Bush's making money off of oil.

And no, it's not because she is a woman. I'm sorry, but you said that to that poster is quite insulting.

21. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Member+

May 12, 2003
    Berkeley, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you for real? Nobody is whining about the Bush family "making money off of oil."

22. DynamoKiev_USA

Jul 6, 2003
    Silver Spring, MD
    Bush is a nazi war profiteer, and Democrats are unpatriotic liberal surrender monkeys.

Can we please not talk about this nonsense at least on these forums :(

23. Metros Striker10

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    Ya know, you win. I'm not even gonna bother defending myself on this one. All you people do is flip flop on opinions.

24. Metros Striker10

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    Dynamo, it's a politics forum. The Democrat side failed this time. That's all.

25. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Failed at what?