Hillary more electable than Obama, upsetting the conventional wisdom

Discussion in 'Elections' started by superdave, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Attacking Minded

Attacking Minded New Member

Jun 22, 2002
    One thing that strikes me is how much the basis for this question has changed. Six months ago it was said that Democrats could nominate a black guy because the racists weren't going to vote for a Dem anyway. Ha. Hillary then scares the purse clutching old ladies into lying to pollsters then voting for her, plays the race card into Nevada, casts Obama as the "black candidate" and then sets up an Obama win in SC as just a black vote.

I think it's time for a lot of people on this board to examine if they stand for something more than standing against the Republicans.

2. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    It isn't just the board, it's everyone everywhere. The system we have promotes this kind of meta-meta-gamesmanship instead of promotion of actual interests.

3. Roel

Roel Member

Jan 15, 2000
    Santa Cruz mountains
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The Republican base loves torture. They rationalize about its effectiveness. But they are just getting off. McCain has done a good job not cowing to these base instincts.

NB: Remember the clapping about torture at one of the early debates?

4. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. There's a reason McCain is running on making (future tense) waterboarding illegal. It's cuz right now, it's legal. Cuz McCain caved like the craven, power hungry piece of crap* he is.

*Yeah, he's less power hungry than most of the rest, and you could argue that makes him less of a piece of crap, and you could even argue that the description itself is unfair. I mean, if you run for president with the intention of winning (i.e., you're not Dennis Kucinich or Tom Tancredo), then you're power hungry. I would argue, tho, that McCain is at least as bad because he knows better. The other guys, it's like getting mad at a great white shark for killing. With McCain, it's like getting mad at, I dunno, a dolphin who kills a person.