Hiddink wants to coach KNT again???

Discussion in 'Korea' started by sukeet, Jul 19, 2005.

1. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005

oh....im glad you added this part in or i would have written you a nasty PM :p

2. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    You wonder, but you go on.

3. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
  4. dhuwman

dhuwman Member

Dec 24, 2004
    Earth
    다들 존내 낚인거다.... :d

5. sebcoe

sebcoe Red Card

Jan 14, 2005
    There's little sense in wishing, as Hiddink's confirmed his decision to become Australian NT's manager part-time at least through the remaining WC qualifying games.

It isn't so easy to secure the services of such a fine manager, unless you find him in between contracts, or unless you are willing to keep him permanently, and not only during the one or two years prior to a World Cup - and the latter is very unlikely because I don't think the KFA is willing or able to meet his pay demands.

So, we shouldn't hold our breath hoping that he will return as national manager anytime soon.

But too bad that we probably won't see him leading a side at the next World Cup.

6. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    what, like Hiddink's the only guy out there who's a top level coach? :(

is it just me? or how soon they (KOR fanboys in KOR) forget how he was treated by the media and the general public before they had their great run. there are other capable managers out there for the KFA to pick and choose from. recently, Le Guen comes to mind. and if we look at what Mr. Burns (props 2 DCUnited :D) has been doing, there's no way Coelho was given a fair shake.

don't get me wrong tho, i love Guus!!! as a tactition, he has equals in the footballing world, but i think his truly outstanding achievement with our KNT was getting rid of the chronyism and red tape for a short time (i think it is back now) and having the bollocks to actually do it his way, the 'Hiddink Way'. the whole Confucianist seniority and hyung-nim thing in reference to who should be in the starting XI and how the team should be run (this is killing Japan) had to be eliminated first, in order for him to really be able to implement his tactics and conditioning methods.

for me, it'd be nice for the master to remain 'The Master.' just my 2 cents.

7. sebcoe

sebcoe Red Card

Jan 14, 2005
    I don't know much about Coelho, and his performance other than what we can see from the results. But he seems to have been a convenient scapegoat for KFA, which seems to me only concerned about appeasing public opinion and getting immediate results.

I also don't understand why KFA heads seem so obsessed with getting only old "established" managers, and why they care so much about success only in World Cups and continental championships as the criteria for selection. There are so many managers that have achieved even greater successes at the club level, and I think they should take this into account, particularly if they achieved consistently in South America or Europe. It seems they only want big names to heighten the prestige of the team, rather than trying to get a manager who is effective. I don't think they would even consider signing an up-and-coming manager like a van Basten, Rijkaard, or even Le Guen.

8. sebcoe

sebcoe Red Card

Jan 14, 2005
    If KFA is adamant about getting an older, wiser manager, then I say they should get CO ADRIANSE for Korea National Team coach for WC2010! In many ways, I like his style and tactics better than Hiddink. Hiddink's teams sometimes go into "Italian mode"; when it seems like they are content with a draw. Adrianse plays a higher tempo, attacking style that would fit the Korean team well. Adrianse was arguably as impressive a manager as Hiddink this year in Holland, as he transformed AZ into a Dutch title contender, and was unfortunate to barely miss the UEFA Cup final, much as in PSV's heartbreaking loss to Milan. Also he has good experience having coached Ajax.

We should recruit Adrianse, especially since he meets what seems to be the most important requirement - He's DUTCH!

9. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Funny...I thought we asked Hiddink plenty of times in the past to take the coaching job and Im sure keeping his PSV thing wouldnt have been an issue.

Not only that, he mustve known the job was always open to him.

Something aint right here.

10. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    well, fans may have asked, but KFA have never made any offers.

11. forzakr

forzakr New Member

Oct 29, 2001
    Seoul, Korea
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I hardly doubt the KFA, even with Dr. Chung's deep pockets, could afford to pay him. We payed Hiddink in the area of $1 mil per year, not enough to bring a top-class coach, but he came anyway cause Korea had the premium of being the host nation for the 2002 WC. (BTW, Sven Goran Erickson gets $7mil a year from the English FA)

12. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
  13. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    I saw a documentary about that actually that I downloaded somehow and it seems tat Coelho got major mistreatment while he was managing Korea.

He couldn't get players to training before WC qualifying matches. He couldn't get review tapes of the games because KFA has only one guy producing review tapes and Chung from KFA had ordered him to make tapes for the olympic team and not the senior NT.

Hiddink was able to demand what he needed and wanted and that's his skill. Coelho seems to be more of a softer guy and was mistreated in Korea.

Koreans are like this it seems to me. Sometimes being "nice" gets you looked down upon and weak or something. People "Yat Ba" you(sorry for konglish). When you are aggressive or strong, koreans respect you for it.

14. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
  15. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    Very interesting.

Somehow, I don't think Hiddink can produce another miracle a la what he did with Korea.

16. Kimsuyun

Kimsuyun New Member

Feb 7, 2004
    We'll see We'll see.........Lets just hope they get passed the south america phase.

17. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Apparently Hiddink was interested in the Korea NT job, provided that he could stay in the Netherlands and manage PSV at the same time, while a head coach appointed by Hiddink stays in Korea to carry out his instructions. KFA had rejected that idea, and rightfully so, IMHO.

But I hope that he'll have another shot at Korea NT, for the 2010 campaign (unless Bonfrere pulls another Hiddink :))

18. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
    He's going to be a busy wee chappie the next few months, as apparently he's also been signed up as a consultant to help FC Gyeongnam get off the ground.

19. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    lol, that's worse than playing FM! ;)

20. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

why not?!!?

21. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Hiddink really needs to stop playing FM 2005.

22. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001