Hiddink and the KFA

Discussion in 'Korea' started by 12th Warrior, Sep 14, 2017.

1. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    anyone see the Hiddink's explanation of his tactics very Portugal?

2. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Just because PJS is a legend doesn't mean he will make a great executive. Relax homies. I know we all love PJS and think the world of him (and want the best for him), but it doesn't mean he's going to be great in management or executive roles. Look at Cha Bum Keun. Legendary player, sh*t manager.

3. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    PJS 's very hardworking attitude will give him success no matter what he does. He completed his masters degree of FIFA which is known to be really tough. His English isn't perfect neither. I think that shows how dilligent he is.

toohyper repped this.
  4. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I get that. But it still doesn't mean he will be proficient or even competent at his job. Having a good business instinct and good decision-making skills as an executive are different attributes.

Korvinus repped this.
  5. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    Geez guys, let people be happy abt something, lol. There's been so little these days to even feel neutral about.

6. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016

Looks like you dont know the meaning of 돌려막기.

7. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It's the other way around my friend.

8. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Nothing wrong with being happy about his inclusion into the KFA, but people need to take a step back and see the full picture(s) before concluding whether the KFA has made the right decision or not, and or whether the Youth Strategy Management position fits him best or not (Whether he's doing a good job or not).

Korvinus repped this.
  9. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    This.

10. Ice cube

Ice cube Member+

Seoul Utd
    May 4, 2014
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I value skill in developing youths over big names. The job should go to someone with the relevant skillset.

Not saying PJS can't be that person, but saying he is the best person for this job on the basis of his passion and experience is misguided.

Korvinus and Seol Korea repped this.
  11. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Can you name one person with that relevant skillset though? Unless we bring foreigners, which will never happen, I dont think there is anyone else who has "better" skillset.

12. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Hire Nagelsmann and give him free rein of whats left of KNT.

13. Ice cube

Ice cube Member+

Seoul Utd
    May 4, 2014
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well first I would rather bring in a foreigner if that meant we would have a more suitable candidate. I agree that it's unlikely at this point.

Second, unless I'm mistaken PJS's degree is a general sports management degree. Not saying that is of no relevance, but it doesn't make him particularly qualified for the position. I would also be shocked if PJS is the only person in Korea with such a degree. So if that is the point of comparison, I'm skeptical that there is no one with more relevant skills. (And again I'm not saying that PJS does not have such skills. I'm just saying that nothing you've brought up is shows that he does).

Korvinus and Seol Korea repped this.
  14. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    All prestige or elitist mentality aside, Yoo Sang-chul is a name that comes into mind; has the experience in Youth Football and continues to coach Youth Football teams as well. In terms of a foreigner? Denis Laktionov who's also coaching Samsung Bluewings Youth Team(s).

Korvinus repped this.
  15. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I think PJS's job will mainly be to research and study foreign youth systems and try to adapt them and develop youth system in Korea in general, so I don't think that experience in youth managing should be necessary. He has got many connections to European football clubs, officials and players, so I think that might help him doing this job.

16. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    I dont know why some ppl dont understand this simple logic. Thank you.

17. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    Hit while the irons hot.

PJS is like a Jedi. He garners more respect now that his career over than he had while playing mainly because people realize how good he was after the fact.

And because of this, he has a crazy network of The Who's who in relevant professional futbol. There's no way we shouldn't somehow take advantage of this.

LeeSeungWoo repped this.