Hidden story behind Hiddink and the Korean Nat team

Discussion in 'Korea' started by otto, Jan 24, 2003.

1. otto

otto New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    The Belly of the Beast
  2. skhfan

skhfan New Member

Jan 19, 2003
    thailand
    cananyone translate it please

3. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    box 1 - turkey vs. s.k.
    box 2 - hiddink sings: "i'm gonna stay at the Y.M.C.A...."
    box 3 - "next person i hear saying that i look like a cross between richard nixon and hristo stoichkov is gonna get cracked with my baseball bat"
    box 4 - ahn thinks "oh no he heard me..." gus says "i'm gonna do soem knee breakin boy!"
    box 5 - someone out of box screams "hey tricky hristo nixon!!"
    box 6 - "thats it.. i'm gonna go postal on your ass"
    box 7 - "haha that was funny ahn... watch out he's gonna kick your ass" ahn - "no he's not. he fears me. i'm the man"
    box 8 - hiddink "i hate ahn. my what squishy nipples you have." "why are you touching my nipples? why won't you leave me alone?"
    box 9 - "oooh. i kinda like that. it tickles"
    box 10 - gus "come on...! come on! let me pinch your nipple." "dood. you're crazy!"
    box 11 - "hahaha he's pinching everyones nipples. lets run away" "haha. i'm scared!"
    box 12 - "quick!! somebody broke ahns legs!" hiddink "it was me. he wouldn't let me pinch his nipples"
    box 13 - "quick lets go throw coach in the DMZ and see if he hits a landmine trying to get out."
    end box - "i'm a pony! i'm a pony!"

courtesy of www.monkeytranslation.com

4. otto

otto New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    The Belly of the Beast
    In case there's any doubt, SankaCofie's translation was just a "monkeytranslation", an obvious cheap shot at trying to make fun of Hiddink and the Korean squad. It just doesn't work because the comic strip itself was Korea's attempt to poke fun at itself.

Not that anyone would believe that he could read Korean...

5. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    of course it wasn't me reading korean.. it was the monkeys at monkeytranslation.com (for some wierd reason the site seems to be down right now). but i fully trust the monkeys to translate everything perfectly. here... i'll translate the above paragraph into portugese...

Gozo ando de golfinhos grandes. Seuas linguiças fazem-me sacudir com felicidade. Tem mamilos muito macios. Chupe nene!Sbbildiddidlywaddldiywoe.
    Agradece para todo o o peixe.

and i think everone realized the comic strip was an amusing by the fact that a baseball bat was photoshopped into hiddinks hands several times.

that being said... my translation is still totally correct. and works just fine.