Hey! We have a game TOMORROW!

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by miked9, Mar 29, 2005.

1. miked9

miked9 Member+

May 4, 2000
    Philadelphia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Enough bull about Sunday. Enough bull about transfers. We have a World Cup qualifier tomorrow. Let's get some discussion going!

I think you'll see a US team with something to prove tomorrow night. I'm skipping out on my film screening to watch it in a hotel bar, and I plan to toast to a US win at about 10pm!

Traditionally, we're a high-energy, high-pressure team at home. But so many of our attacking players went a full 90 the other day. I'm especially concerned with the wing play, particularly Stevie C and Lewis, who we rely on for crosses in the offensive third.

2. Defenestration

Defenestration New Member

Dec 18, 2002
    we play tomorrow??? i had NO idea....

seriously, if there was ever a time for Guatemala to come up here and steal 1 or *gasp* even 3 pts ... that time is now. numerous distractions .... team still reeling from a pathetic performance at Azteca ... il bruce questioned by every major media outlet that knows anything about soccer (i know, quite a caveat). we are still in a major experimental phase (obviously).

i don't think they will .... i'm just saying, if there ever WERE a time for Guatemala to steal a pt or three, it's now.

my prediction: mix-master Bruce comes up with the right formula ... we get the 2-0 victory .....................

def

3. eric6854

eric6854 New Member

Apr 20, 1999
    Virginia
    Two posts into a US-related thread and no one has said it:

Landon Donovan Landon Donovan Landon Donovan

Carry on.