Hey Supporters group's!!! Anyone doing anthing about this????

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by T.Reis, Sep 5, 2007.

1. junction05

junction05 Red Card

Sep 9, 2007
    Canada
    The point is all you do is whine. Whine whine whine. Prices go up suck it up or shut up.

2. junction05

junction05 Red Card

Sep 9, 2007
    Canada
    Your marlie point is full of holes. They have cut prices in half roughly. They realized tyhey missed the price point and adjusted the prices. Shoots holes in what you have to say.

Truth be told your just another MLSE basher. Give us a break, they brought us something we have not had since 1984 and as they did with the Marlies they missed thier price point. They sold it cheap. So stop whine.

3. forza tfc

forza tfc New Member

May 24, 2007
    Vaughan, Ontario

I couldn't agree more with your analysis. I too was very critical about how MLS&E handled the two vouchers for one game fiasco earlier this year but I cannot criticize them for trying to maximize profits and revenue in a straight forward manner. I also feel that the renewals will be in the 80 - 90% range given the empty seats that I have seen at every game. The wait list should more than cover those who do not renew this year but who knows how demand will change in the future. Therefore, only time will tell if the increase will be a good business decision in the long run.

4. Mississauga FC

Mississauga FC New Member

May 30, 2007
    junction05 (or should we say 1TOFC)...

all you are doing here is telling people to stop whining. If you don't like it, LEAVE THE FORUM. 3 posts in a row to 3 different people, and you use the word whine.

you seem to use the term cry baby, whine, and bitching in a large number of your posts. You don't seem to contribute anything productive by doing this. You yourself are complaining. Complaining about people who have the right to post how they feel in an OPEN forum. If you do not like it, then leave.

If you are in fact the reincarnation of a former Red Carded user, there's a reason why you got the boot. If you aren't that person, then just know your actions here could be leading you down the same path.

5. crazypete13

crazypete13 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 7, 2007
    A walk from BMO
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Well - this is the whine at MLSE thread - and if we don't like the increase we don't have to suffer in silence.

<insert comment about freedom of speech here>

I'm not sure this thread has a ton of value in the big picture - but if MLSE is reading this thread they may actually do something about it.

Fact is I don't have much to complain about the increase - but I do think that people should speak up if they don't agree.

6. junction05

junction05 Red Card

Sep 9, 2007
    Canada
    How much MLSE bashing do we have to take. If they where charging Leaf prices I could understand.

7. Taoism

Taoism Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Seriously... put up or shut up. Link me to a post where I whined about the ticket price inrease. Let me save you some time - it doesn't exist.

I merely pointed out that using milk prices as an economic example is flawed since they are a price-controlled commodity. That does not mean I am either pro or against the ticket price increases.

You have yet, by my count, to post one positive, constructive post in either this forum or the Canada forum. You seem to seriously enjoy slagging everything.

I might have to investigate how the ignore feature works on these forums...

Cheers!

8. crazypete13

crazypete13 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 7, 2007
    A walk from BMO
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    There is a lot of MLSE resentment out there - which probably stems from somewhat from the teachers pension fund owning a chunk of it preventing the benevolent owner scenario at MLSE.

I think what the majority of the posters are saying here is that we won't pay leaf prices for TFC and to say it early so MLSE knows where people stand on the issue.

How effective the compalining will be is debatable - and likely where your frustrations lie.

9. torontofcmark

torontofcmark Member

Oct 24, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    First off I said im the biggest opponent to MLSE usually so ya your right. 1B I am not/was not whining about TFC ticket increases once I broke down the figures..I fully accept them.
    Second, its not full of holes...price points for the Marlies is 30, 25 and 15 for 2008....and they still cant fill the seats...so yes they did miss the price point, and might have come down but since it still sells way under 2000 tickets per game...they still missed the price point. I said what would you rather have...1000 people at $25 a ticket or 4000/5000 at $10 a ticket...more rev. and more opp. for concessions, not to mention maybe some atmosphere in the Ricoh. Third, they have brought us something we havent had since 1984...that was junior hockey, this is minor league hockey and they arent bringing it for us, they bring it because operationally its cheaper to have their farm team here than at St. Johns...the fact is they dont care about people in the seats because they still save money having their minor leaguers closer.
    Fourth, as the Raptors lost Vince Carter and the team sucked they were getting 13000 - 15000 and they werent lowering prices overall. They had marketing campaigns to attract new purchasers but they didnt lower existing season ticket holders pricing. As I originally posted...there is no evidence that MLSE will ever decrease pricing for TFC if supply outweighs demand.
    All you guys out there that have drank the MLSE koolaid lock stock and 2 smoking barrels (loved that movie) ... I only ask why? What have they ever done for you that didnt involve them making alot of money off of you. Where is your personal gain from it all. Im not saying this is the issue to bash them on but some of you never ever can find a time where you feel hard done by from this organization. Try thinking for yourself, or are you afraid that some other MLSE junkie might get mad at you. Just remember sheep usually eventually get lead to the slaughter. Don't be a sheep! I've had this MLSE battle on here before with others but yet there are still times when I fully support what they are saying too...just ask Narduch. We've gone at it at times, and I totally support him at times but I never just sit and hold MLSE or any organization for that matter in the highest order of being just because they give me something I cant get elsewhere or whatever your argument is....other than whine whine whine..bitch, moan..

10. junction05

junction05 Red Card

Sep 9, 2007
    Canada
    Good Point, Its leaf pricing I think people are pissed with. I dont think TFC will get there, if they do it only means the demand is there and the real fans will watch on TV and the Posers in Suits will make it the quietest park in the World.

11. crazypete13

crazypete13 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 7, 2007
    A walk from BMO
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Looks like 1TOFC has a sock with a red card...