Hey St. Louis - Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'St. Louis City SC' started by Sport Billy, May 23, 2008.

1. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    Please introduce yourself to the other St. Louis posters.

I'm Sport Billy (real name Patrick)
    Sport Billy was the 1977 FIFA Fair Play mascot.

I'm currently a mod in the expansion forum.
    I am also the president of Eads Brigade.

If you have questions about either, please ask.

I like Guinness and support Newcastle.

BTW, I homebrew on occasion.

Cheers

2. WerderBremenYank

Apr 7, 2005
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My name's Patrick as well :)

nickname is WerderBremenYankee (I go by WerderBremenYank) on many other boards.

As you might have guessed, Werder Bremen is my favorite club, with Celtic being a close second (being a catholic of Irish/scottish decent, its difficult not to be)

Im a graduate of DeSmet Jesuit High School, and am currently a history/political science/ economics major at Westminster College.

I very much look forward to meeting you guys in the fan section of the new stadium in Collinsville, and to stand with you fine gentlemen as our team marches on to victory :)

3. Nerazzuri

Nerazzuri New Member

Jan 23, 2006
    St Louis
    I'm Nerazzuri (real name is Chal)
    Nerazzuri is a combination of a nickname of one of my favorite teams and one of my dog's names.

I am looking to support the St Louis expansion and the Eads Brigade in any way possible.

And while SB occasionally makes beer at home, I occasionally drink beer at home. I have a preference for German alt, kolsch and hefeweizen.

4. raven65az

raven65az New Member

Jan 10, 2008
    St. Charles, MO
    Club:
    Aberdeen FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I'm raven65az
    Real name is Scott
    I currently live in Tucson, AZ, but am St. Louis born and bred.
    I'll be moving back to St. Louis in the summer of '09
    I am a Gooner (Arsenal) supporter as well as Celtic FC.
    I can be found here, and at Goonersworld.
    I am a 100% service connected/disabled veteran (Desert Storm) so that means I'm retired.
    I enjoy this forum immensely, and am registered at Ead's Brigade.

I plan on writing some chants and songs for our team, and will be posting some soon.

For a hobby, I create chain maille jewelery, and am a sporadic member of the SCA.

5. USSOCCER7

USSOCCER7 New Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Benld
    Hey I'm USSOCCER7 (Chris)
    I'm from illinois,
    Liverpool Supporter, USMNT
    Can't wait 'til St. Louis finally gets a team.

6. shawne3386

shawne3386 New Member

Apr 24, 2007
    Southern Illinois
    I'm shawne3386, and as that would suggest, I answer to Shawn while out in the world.

I make my residence in Alton (cue some folks from the MO side of the river cocking their heads as if I just said I was from Neptune) and attend Lewis & Clark Community College. I'm a history major with a minor in political science.

I am, for the most part, a lurker. Usually by the time I get to a thread my sentiments have been expressed and posting "What he said," doesn't feel like contributing to the discussion.

I usually don't drink:eek::confused: so I have no beer preference.

I shamelessly stole my sig from Gene Kelly in Inherit The Wind.

7. PopsKrock

PopsKrock New Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Belleville
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi I'm "Pops Krock" real name Jamie.
    My name comes from the fact that I'm now both a "Pops" and a Krock.
    I'm from Belleville now, but grew up in Collinsville and still have strong ties to the city.
    I support Fulham, a bad team for those with heart conditions, and the USMNT.
    I work in special education, but have a background in History/Poli Sci.

Right now, I am way out of shape, but I still love to play.

8. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    first name, andy ... last name, well you can probably guess it (hint, look left). why do i emphasize the "O"? because it's a pet peeve of mine when people spell my last name like the numbers million, billion, zillion, etc. :p

not a st louis resident, nor a future fan of the st louis MLS team, but i respect what you guys have going on here and support your effort (and have even thrown my 2 cents in on occasion).

i AM, however, a moderator of the MLS expansion section of BigSoccer, and subsequently a moderator of the subsections. so, just because i'm not "from" st louis, or its metropolitan area, i have some pretty valid reasons to be viewing and/or posting 'round these parts.

:)

/post

9. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    Nolte? :p

Oh come on, you know it will be your second favorite team. :D

10. jasontoon

jasontoon Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm Jason Toon. Yes, it's my real name. I turn 34 tomorrow. I'm a lifelong South Sider (except for brief stints in Lemay, Affton, and the dorms at Webster U.). To answer the quintessential StL question...I went to Metro High School in the city. My Collinsvillian wife went to a different Metro (Metro East Lutheran). We live in Tower Grove South, my very favorite 'hood in town, with our three daughters, my very favorite people in town. We find ourselves in Collinsville once or twice a month to visit my wife's grandmother. If it wasn't for the commute, I could see living there.

I don't really support any EPL or other overseas teams, but I guess my last name makes me a natural Newcastle supporter.

And...I've never played soccer in my life. I was always more of a baseball kid (less running, heh). But I grew to love the game through my grandparents taking me to Steamers games in the '80s. My grandpa was a youth soccer coach for Hampton Village and a regular "Soccer Made In Germany" watcher.

Other activities: I'm the lead writer for an online store/blog called Woot!, I've played in various punk rock bands since 1991, and I also write for the Riverfront Times a little bit, for the music and calendar sections. And of course, I've been working on a novel, seemingly forever.

Finally, if anybody needs a tattoo, let me recommend my little brother Jamie Toon, who does fine inkwork at Cheap Trx on South Grand.

EDIT: oh, yeah, beer...I'm not a huge drinker, but I usually go for Schlafly Pale or Hefeweizen or Summer Kolsch. I've tried to get down with the dark-n-warm program, but I can't help it. I like the pale, fizzy stuff served ice cold, as long as it's got some flavor.

11. Seph

Seph Member

Dec 2, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo., USA
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, everybody. Seph is short for Joseph, but I go by Joe in the real world.

I was a mediocre soccer player at the tiny Tower Grove Christian High. Now I'm a history teacher and soccer coach at Metro High (my girls team just won the Public High League!). I wasn't around back when Jasontoon went here, though.

My first team love is for Rangers, but I've also been known to root for Arsenal and for River Plate. When I met some of you guys at the Collinsville City Council meetings, my brother and I were the guys in Rangers jerseys.

My wife and I are in the process of adopting from Colombia, so lately I've also become a fan of the Colombian national team and of Independiente Santa Fe in the Colombian Dimayor.

12. SilentAssassin

Apr 16, 2007
    St. Louis
    My real name's Eric. I got my nickname in the Army, because I don't talk a lot and I have some hidden talents. I'm currently working in Springfield, IL and I don't have enough to do at work, so I spend way too much time on BigSoccer. I have lived kind of a nomadic life for the last few years, but I call St. Louis home and hopefully I will be there in 2010/2011 when we finally get a team.

Happy birthday tomorrow Jason. I never would have guessed Toon was your real name.

13. Basque21

Basque21 New Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Club:
    CA Osasuna
    Hi, my real name is Chris. I'am of Basque, Spanish, Irish, French and Belgian heritage.
    I took Basque as my screen name because my grandma was of Basque heritage and proud. She was very important to me, I miss her alot:(.

anyway:), I love international soccer and I can't wait for Euro 08. I want to go to Brazil for the World Cup in 2014.

I support, Osasuna, Palermo, and Liverpool

I love to laugh and have a good time and if you have a sence of humor we should get along good.

and happy birthday to jasontoon, Just like SilentAssassin, I would have never guessed that was your last name:)

14. Adiaga_2

Adiaga_2 Member

St. Louis City SC
    Aug 30, 2007
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, my real name's Todd. My screen name is from an 11 year old Simpsons episode.

Originally a South Sider from the Carondelet Park area, now I'm a Way South Sider living in Jefferson County.

I used to make about four or five road trips every summer to catch MLS games in Kansas City and/or Chicago until I became a grown up (i.e. got married, bought a house, had a kid).

And I'm a Newcastle man (the ale not the team).

That's probably the second coolest thing I've ever heard.

But that's probably the coolest...

15. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006

Funny, I always thought it referred to passing gas. ;) Just kidding

16. SilentAssassin

Apr 16, 2007
    St. Louis
    Yeah I do that a lot too. :)

17. Adiaga_2

Adiaga_2 Member

St. Louis City SC
    Aug 30, 2007
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In my mind, you just went from being this guy:

[​IMG]

To being this guy:

[​IMG]

18. PopsKrock

PopsKrock New Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Belleville
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What bands did you play in? I probably saw you. Oh and I'm working on a novel as well.

19. jasontoon

jasontoon Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's see...the Meat Sisters, the Volatiles, the Red Squares, the Detainees, and currently, a band called the Help. We're all old guys now (in punk rock terms) so we don't play out that often anymore.

20. PopsKrock

PopsKrock New Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Belleville
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I definately remember the Red Squares. Pretty good. I think I saw you, Celery and the Conformists all in one day.

21. SteJen

SteJen Member

Nov 13, 2007
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm Steve and just guessing, but at age 58, I'm probably the oldest :eek: of this group. Hell, I could be the father of half you guys.

Grew up in St. Louis (Kirkwood HS), started playing the beautiful game in college - Keeper was the only position I ever wanted to play - LOVED it (Lev Yashin, Gordon Banks and Sepp Maier were my heroes). Crushed when the Stars moved to Anaheim after the '77 season. Played a little of the indoor game, but never got into it, rug burns I guess.

Man U, Bayern supporter - but really appreciate any team that from the field to the front office does things exceptionally well.

VERY excited about Cooper's chances - 2011 can't get her quickly enough!

22. enrique1853

enrique1853 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    St. Louis
    My real name is Eric. Some of my buddies call me Enrique as a nickname because I am Spanish(Asturias)/American and they think Enrique is the translation for Eric, Enrique means Henry and Eric means... well.... Eric. I live in the western part of St. Louis right by Fenton, although my house is located in "Unincorporated St. Louis County". To answer that St. Louis question I am a graduate of Rockwood Summit High School and Missouri State University. I can't wait to cheer on the St. Louis team (god willing we get one) and my favorite club is Real Madrid. HALA MADRID!

23. Atarian

Atarian New Member

Aug 31, 2005
    St Charles, MO
    Hi everybody my name is Ed

I was born and raised in Chicago, dont worry I am a White Sox fan. I live in Tulsa, OK for a year and now St Charles, MO for 9 years now.
    Atarian been my nickname for a while cause I am a retro gamer. I love my Atari 2600 and such, but I do have my Wii and X-box 360 too.
    Been married for a little over a year now to a lovely woman who has no intrest in soccer. But I have 2 fantasy leagues going at work.
    Played goalie through school and would love to get back into it if anyone needs one?
    Cant wait to meet all of you

24. 400lb Gorilla

400lb Gorilla Member

Sep 1, 2006
    Missouri
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess i can drop my mostly lurking till an announcement is made mode to help this thread along. My real name is Shawn, I'm originally from southeast Missouri, moved to St. Louis for college, and just moved back home this week now that i'm done with school. I was one of us at the collinsville votes when i had the jesus look going. My favorite team is Celtic (sorry seph) at this point, mostly because they were in the first pro soccer game i actually sat down and watched.

25. Shipdawg

Shipdawg Member
    Staff Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Clayton, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hello Shipdawg (Jim). General Mananger of the St Louis Lions. The PDL Team here in St Louis.

Born and raised in St Louis. Playing days are behind me so now it is focussing on coaching and developing outdoor soccer in St Louis. I want to do everything possible to bring professional outdoor soccer to St Louis.

Very excited about Coopers chances. I would love to see it.

I eat sleep and drink promoting soccer.

Favorite beer: Put one in front of me and I will drink it, I don't discriminate.

Please if you are interested in practicing your chants and getting the Eads Brigade together for games please let me know. You are always welcome at the Lions games.

Go Lions!!