Hey Richmond! Games coming up!

Discussion in 'Supporters Abroad' started by dcLIZunited, Jul 18, 2007.

1. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    Will I see any of you either a) on the bus trip to NJ Sunday, b) at the Superliga game on Wednesday, c) at the Superliga game the following Sunday, or d) all of the above?

2. moreno9

moreno9 Member+

Aug 24, 2002
    Henrico
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A) I'll be at The Swamp on Sunday but not going on the bus. Got a phone call from DC United yesterday and I won the Amtrak Trip to NY Sweepstakes so I'm going up on the Acela train!!! WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!

B) Yes

C) Yes

Let's see what we can do for carpools on B) and C) folks? I've got parking passes for both games so that's covered.

3. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think I will be making any of the above. Can't afford the time on the NY/NJ trip, and don't care about Superliga. Oh and screw you Brian for winning a free trip:p Have fun kids and play nice with the poor Red Bull fans who have to support a suck ass team. On second thought UNLEASH HELL UPON THOSE BASTARDS

4. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a ticket available for tomorrow's game. Will trade if for a six pack of good beer. Let me know.

5. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    Very tempting, although I'm leaving Richmond in about an hour for DC (going to a show tonight). I don't know if I'll even be able to afford the game...might stop by the tailgate to hang for a little bit then head back here, haha.

6. moreno9

moreno9 Member+

Aug 24, 2002
    Henrico
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, if anyone changes their minds, I'm leaving around 3:30 from The Fan tomorrow.

7. VCArlU

VCArlU New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Va
    Hey thats funny. I never thought that Richmond was abroad but here I am. I am leaving for the Sunday game with 3 other friends. Leaving from Henrico or Chesterfield. Depends whos car we're taking I guess.

8. moreno9

moreno9 Member+

Aug 24, 2002
    Henrico
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm leaving Sunday about 3:00 myself from The Fan. Got space for two if anyone is interested.

9. VCArlU

VCArlU New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Va
    Of all the DC United games I've been to, I've never been able to make it to a tailgate. Do you guys know each other and just leave together from the area?

10. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For the most part we know each other through DCU. Whoever is driving up determines when we leave. We belong to various groups. Me and moreno9 are members of both SE and BB. Liz and Pedro are diehard Barra. I usually bounce between the two tailgates. You should go to the tailgates free food and beer can't be beat.

Also check back here for away game viewings.

11. moreno9

moreno9 Member+

Aug 24, 2002
    Henrico
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. Between members of the groups saying "hey, that guy/girl is from Richmond too" and BigSoccer we've all been introduced or stumbled upon each other at games. When the price of gas skyrocketed carpools became a lot more of the normal way north. We rotate drivers so everyone gets their chance to tip back a few and not get stuck driving every single match.

12. VCArlU

VCArlU New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Va
    Sorry Im not a member of SE. What's the best way to pay for the tailgate?

13. moreno9

moreno9 Member+

Aug 24, 2002
    Henrico
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can get a tailgate ticket day of match for the SE's or pay ahead through PayPal. More info at the Screaming Eagles website. Barra Brava is more of a free deal for members and friends than the Eagle tailgate. Barra Brava website is here. Both are great clubs and the folks from Richmond as stated above are a mix of both and some that are neither. More and more folks that we get we're going to rent a van and head up for about $10 a piece counting parking and gas. Keep an eye on this section for more info.

14. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    I think you can pay to eat and drink with the SEs (I know they have something with money and wristbands, but other than that, I'm useless). The Barra tailgate is free for all, but we do appreciate if you bring something to share (some people bring a bucket of KFC, some people bring hot dogs for the grill, some bring bags of chips, etc. - not necessary, but appreciated). I'd recommend bringing a little bit of beer in case the kegs run out, which is known to happen. If you want to drink something other than keg beer (usually Carlsberg), bring it. Barra tailgates start 4 hours prior to gametime, so it'll start at 4pm this Sunday. I believe SE tailgates start at the same time. Non-Barra tickets for this game are $35.

Sorry, I can really only give info on how things in the Barra work. Moreno9 can give you insight into the ways of the SEs. Both groups are there for the same purpose but are pretty different.

If I have the money for the game, I'll be leaving around 2:30, maybe even 2. I won't be carpooling in case I stay up in the area for the night. Just wander around between the two tailgates and ask who's from Richmond...there are a handful of us that hang around. :) Also, as it was said before, it's always posted on here when we're getting together to watch away games together locally, so just keep an eye out on the Supporters Abroad board!