Hey Im a new fan

Discussion in 'MLS: Rumors' started by Dcunited09, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Dcunited09

Dcunited09 New Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Philly
    Hey. I'm just starting to watch the MLS and I liked the games I've seen so far. It's actually a really cool league. DC United have been the best team I've seen play but I've only seen two games. The League looks great and I'll be watching for a long time. I'm actually thinking about going up to a MetroStars game since I live in Philly.

2. alco_soccerstar

Nov 3, 2003
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad to have you aboard the MLS Train. If I were you I'd run my butt to a ticket vendor or Ticketmaster and get tickets to this Sunday's game between DC and NY/NJ. That should be a very good game. Plus we will get to see if Kovalenko will get a daft red card for barely elbowing anyone or if he will get one for actually killing someone. Im shooting for noen, due to the fact that he is a pivotal part of United's squad. Anyway, GO BUY TICKETS FOR THIS SUNDAY!!

3. Dcunited09

Dcunited09 New Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Philly
    I tried gettin em but it was sold out when i checked.

4. sammyjankins

sammyjankins Red Card

Oct 20, 2001
    (Dallas Area)
    That really would be a good game to go to. I started out in Houston supporting the Burn, making the drive 3 or 4 times a year for a game. Now I go to school outside dallas and make every home game, most affordable league in sports season tickets wise. Welcome -- support the Burn - the East blows

5. alco_soccerstar

Nov 3, 2003
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rascist against the East! LOL Look at the tables. We have more points I believe.

6. sammyjankins

sammyjankins Red Card

Oct 20, 2001
    (Dallas Area)
    I don't think racist is the word, but yeah I get tired of the East Coast bias in all sports, and don't want it happening in soccer. Find a dictionary and look up racism before you start throwing stupid terms like that around

7. momentum

momentum New Member

Apr 7, 2004
    I have been enjoying MLS since mid-last year worst thing is I wish I knew more about the league and players. But I hope t pick it all up.

Go Wiz!!!!!!!!!!

8. WIZZETS

WIZZETS New Member

May 30, 2001
    Chattanooga via NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Great Advice. He might enjoy sitting in the parking lot of Giant's stadium the day after SATURDAY's game.

9. alco_soccerstar

Nov 3, 2003
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sunday, Saturday, practically the same thing. Sorry about that, meant to say Saturday, but you know what I meant.

10. gambino

gambino New Member

Mar 23, 2002
    North Carolina
    Any of you new fans should check out http://www.mfls.com/. It's a free MLS fantasy game and really helps you keep up with teams and players around the league. If you join, let me know and I'll get you in my division. Welcome aboard!

11. ChrisE

ChrisE Member

Jul 1, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    I'm pretty certain that was just a problem with ticketmaster. Go try the metros board and see what they tell you.

12. WIZZETS

WIZZETS New Member

May 30, 2001
    Chattanooga via NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The game is not sold out. An additional section was made available on Tuesday, I believe, at $24 per ticket. Bronze level tickets are sold out, as are Platinum lower-level seats. Buy your tickets today and have them delivered to you next day. Looks like we're going to get GREAT weather, so you don't want to wait in line with all the walk-ups or at will call.

Go Metro! :D

13. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is coming from a fan of the worse team last year. You do know that if MLS didn't change the rules that the teams to miss the playoffs last year would have been 2 WC teams.

Welcome, become a fanatic like most of us, its a fun life. Watch out for Seagroves and Topper.