Hey Foudy

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Furia Yanqui, Oct 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Furia Yanqui

Furia Yanqui New Member

May 15, 2003
    USA
    Germany 1, US 0--2002 World Cup

Germany 3, US 0--2003 Women's World Cup

And you're the Agoos of the latter result and have no job.

I can't hear you now, Loudy?

2. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
  3. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    Wrong gender, ye daft!

4. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    oh if only that was his sole problem

5. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boy, for a moron, you're really an idiot.

6. Furia Yanqui

Furia Yanqui New Member

May 15, 2003
    USA
    I didn't want to post this on the women's site for two reasons: Didn't wanna seem to troll and didn't want to make this about the women. I support the women and am sincerely sorry they lost.

That's why I was hurt by Foudy's inexcusable comments. It's not bad enough we have to deal with the Euro Snobs and the Latino Snobs and the Korean skater boyz and our own US media morons. Then we get slammed by Foudy with her ignorant comment.

Just wanted to remind Loudy that the men have a league and a national team that is doing just fine.

7. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    Who was the Agoos of the former?

Goose didn't play vs Germany...

8. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    get over yourself

oh and what just happened to bill's massive sig?

9. Furia Yanqui

Furia Yanqui New Member

May 15, 2003
    USA
    Agoos

I mean "Agoos" as a general term whenever someone screws up on defense, ie getting outjumped for the game winning corner that gets you eliminated from a World Cup.

The men did better than expected thanks partly to their humble attitude. The women believed their press after 99 and Foudy started to think they were the saviors of all women's sports and men's soccer in America too!

She should have worried more about getting too old to mark people on corners.

10. Furia Yanqui

Furia Yanqui New Member

May 15, 2003
    USA
    Reaching the quarterfinals of the World Cup in Japan/Korea '02 was certainly a greater achievement for the men than a semifinal defeat at home for the women. - Filip Bondy New York Daily News columnist

True. Only a three or four teams that can really win the women's world cup. As hosts getting to semis was automatic. Ego, as reflected in Foudy's quote, led to underachievement. Let's bring in a new generation of women--and a new coach. That should lead to new, better attitude.

What did all the media whoring of Foudy and Co. get them? A defunct league?

St. Phil will take the money from this women's world Cup and put it where it will reap returns--MLS.

11. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    If any of those comments can hurt "us" (by which I assume you mean MLS and USMNT and fans thereof), then we are too weak to survive. If we are strong enough to survive, then no number of morons can bring us down. It's not worth worrying about.

12. Furia Yanqui

Furia Yanqui New Member

May 15, 2003
    USA
    Right you are Wankler. I didn't mean to say the league or men's team literally hurt. I know what Foudy said will have even less impact than Rome. Here you have a women star from a failed league talking about how her teammate has carried the men--no one is dumb enough to buy into that.

Now It's easy enough to ignore a Rome or a Euro Snob or a green rat. I was insulted, though, to have to ignore a comment from Foudy. Did she need to put down the men to glorify Mia, like Mia doesn't get enough praise already.

13. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What exactly is Julie Foudy supposed to have said?

14. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Re: Agoos

I think the men would be surprised at this; there's nothing humble about a pack of hungry wolves, which is what they were.

They just didn't have any press to believe -- except for Clint's SI covers, and look what happened to him: 'only' one goal and one assist in the Cup.

Actually, they had that horrendous fashion shoot to live down: as in, I am not a lounge lizard; I am a knuckle-dragging beast who can run you into the ground.

Nobody could get near them to quote them -- not that anyone wanted too. That was their salvation:
    nobody expected much.

15. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Something about Furai Yanqui not having a dick.

16. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    i believe the exact quote was "Furai Yanqui is hung like a gummy bear"

17. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    After the US Women beat up on North Korean, Foudy says this in the Chicago Tribune:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...071sep29,1,2982507.story?coll=cs-sports-print

18. Furia Yanqui

Furia Yanqui New Member

May 15, 2003
    USA
    What's your problem Blue Daddy? I'm here to talk about soccer in the USA.

So what is your position? Do you agree with what Foudy said? Several posts slamming me, but I still don't see your idea.

If you disagree with what I said, all you have to do is say why. Or do you simply get off on posting about the penises of gummy bears?

Personally, I've been clear. I think it's a shame Foudy has joined the ranks of men's soccer bashers. I'm glad Mia saved men's soccer--too bad she was too busy doing that to save the WUSA!

19. Magi-Raistlin

Magi-Raistlin New Member

Sep 26, 2003
    SC
    Arrogant bitch...I can't believe she had the audacity to say that.

I guess some people really don't understand the lack of competition for women at the international level. Most of these people who don't realize it are our very own WNT...disgraceful attitude.

Part of me wanted them to loose against Germany. When I turnded the game on around the 70th minute to see them down a goal wasn't what I expected. Then the ending was rather humorous.
    And for crying out loud...don't F'n cry because you lost the game! Your F'n adults!

Their lack of humility led to their own down fall. They believed their own hype and assumed that they could just stroll to the final and hoist the trophy...just disgraceful.

20. HectorM

HectorM Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Pittsburgh
    That's just about the last thing you're "here about"

You posted an obnoxious trolling piece of garbage, a bunch of people pointed out that you're a douchebag, and now you're all "Oh, well if you guys don't want to have a serious soccer discussion".

Blow it out your ass, tubesteak.

And for God's sake, Ron, put that thing away.

21. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    you wanna know my problem? i'm sick of crybabies going on and on about a stupid quote, i'm sick of USMNT/MLS fans enjoying the fact the WUSA went under/the USWNT lost to germany... it's childish - not to mention, they are our girls and rooting against them or wishing them failure is freakin ridiculous - so foudy made a perfectly harmless statement BOO HOO HOO i personally take it more as a tribute to mia than a slam to anyone - besides that... she may have a small point: mia is probably still the most famous/beloved soccer player in the US and until a couple years ago, the WNT was probably also more popular - the word 'carried' is likely the troubling issue here and, hey what can i say, maybe i wouldnt choose my words perfectly every time if i was quoted weekly for 14 years... bottom line, i don't see any reason to harp on this crap and i never like to see woman ridiculed or kicked when they are down

satisfied?

22. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    i hate to say it... but good one mike... er ron

perfect example right here

23. Temudjin

Temudjin New Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    Why would any MLS/USMNT supporter be the least bit interested in Foudy's comments regarding the above? Julie's main concern is to encourage interest in Women's soccer. Is it that disheartening to hear Julie [allegedly] denigrate Men's soccer? If you consider her an authority on subject, perhaps it would bother you. My take is if she wants to play in a separate sandbox, go ahead. The facts are that the universe of Men's and Women's soccer fans in the US rarely overlap.

24. KenC

KenC Member+

Jun 11, 2003
    Don't worry, you are not "seem[ing] to troll", because you ARE trolling!

One might also interpret your comment on the USMNT board as no guts, no glory. Can't stand the heat, so you didn't enter the kitchen.

Someone's got a thin skin. Give the lady some context. Athletes have BIG egos, and the ladies were riding high. People say stupid things, particularly people who say as much as Foudy does, so get over it. Haven't you ever said something stupid before? Like the above post, perhaps?

You think she stops by to read this drivel? And, has it occurred to you, that you fault Foudy for not being supportive, and yet, you taunt her in a most juvenile way. You're doing exactly the same sort of put-down that you blame Foudy for. Talk about gutless hypocrites.

And for the record, while Foudy didn't pull a Agoos, I did think she and Milbrett are past their primes, and were the two players who should have seen less time on the field, and yet I don't feel the need to taunt someone who's down.

25. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I rarely post about women's soccer, but I have to admit that I don't understand why some people have a bug up their ass about Foudy.

I wish the players on the USMNT had the personality she did....perhaps they'd got more press.