Hey Duh-Marcus, Remember This...

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Danizinho, Nov 12, 2003.

1. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Enjoy the offseason and rotting a hole in your stomachs over what DaMarcus said about your team full of overachievers.

So that's what that feeling is? Damn, and I thought it was heartburn from 3 Aces.

You know, the ultimate irony in the statement above is this: Beasley's very much the overachiever himself. He's a marginally more productive player than Brian Kamler and lucky to be in Bruce Arena's good graces (by default). Maybe he'd be a bit better if he off-loaded some of that extra ego, Master-P style bling, and laid of the tabbacy a bit more this off-season, but then - maybe (in the case of the latter) he's heard that's what all the cool kids do in England; shame he won't be playing there unless he's putting the moves on some chicks at some Brighton dance hall on holiday.

Next time before he opens his mouth he'd really do well to read a chapter or two from the Mike Segroves "Book of Smack." If anything, Mike needs the $$$ to pay off Manolis at 3 Aces, and DaMarcus needs something to distract him from that silent phone in the corner.

Have fun in the Cup, you earned it.

The Magpie

2. mactheknife

mactheknife New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire

i very much understand why you may be less than happy with damarcus' comments...but let's not go after the bling.

there's no such thing as too much bling.

3. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    "...there's no such thing as too much bling."

Memo to Mr. T then, but unlike "Beasley of, er... Bridgwater" (doesn't quite have the same ring as Landon of Nazareth), Mr. Baracus has a bit more body mass to off-set the weight.

Thing is, if Beasley wore an equal amount he'd still be six steps faster than Kris Kelderman.

The Magpie

4. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dum and Dumber

Hey Travis, before you get your undies in a bunch, let me point out that I was the one who spoke with DaMarcus and the one who taped this now-famous quote. Let me give you a little context to the situation.

I had just spoken with Thornton, who was not happy after having given up 5 goals. He said something to the effect of "Well, it's pretty simple--they played well and we didn't." Meanwhile, Beasley was sitting on the bench diagonally across from him, shaking his head. I went over and said, "You seem to disagree with what Zack just said." As he started talking, Thornton was trying to catch his eye, and eventually said, "Be careful, he's taping it." And then DaMarcus snapped back at Thornton, "I know he's tapin' it. I don't care. I'm just saying what I feel..."

I let him vent a little, then I made a comment to suggest that the Revs were a better team than their record indicated, noting that even in the recent games they had lost, they hadn't played all that poorly, and had at least in part been snakebitten by bad luck. DaMarcus would have nothing to do with it. "Luck? No, luck don't have nothin'to do with it..." and then wen't into the "they are not a good team" bit. And for the record, the Revs were in fourth place, not last place at the time.

So, to review, Beasley himself initiated the conversation where he trashed the team that just beat him 5-1. He disregarded the advice of his more level-headed teammate, dissing him in front of an outsider in the process, and although he had every opportunity to back out of trashing an opponent, he chose not to.

Combine this with the comments he made before game 3 of last year's playoffs (which the Fire lost 2-0 with Razov being sent off for trying to stomp on Heaps' nuts in added time), where he said he was looking forward to playing Columbus in the semis, shows a pattern of arrogance and, for lack of a better word, stupidity.

Just because his team won, and his views on Chicago being the better team panned out this time does not change the fact that he showed not only a lack of class, but a lack of smarts as well.

Tom

5. leftwing

leftwing Member

Dec 9, 1999
    Lake Bluff, Il
    Note to Revs fans: You lost. Get over it. April will be here before you know it. This thread is pathetic.

6. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Try reading the whole thread and the dates the posts were posted you moron.

7. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And yet you contributed to it...

8. TravisMinor_23

TravisMinor_23 New Member

Oct 16, 2001
    United States
    Re: Dum and Dumber

Blah, blah, blah. Keep talking. I've been over it, nothing he said wasn't true. You don't like the fact that he ignored PR and spoke what was on his mind? Fine. But you really don't get to rip on him too much, his team backed it up last Friday. The Revs aren't a great team, they weren't a good team at the time, and yes, amazingly, they were in last place for a reason at that time.
    If you call speaking the truth trashing, thats your perogative. Do I think he should have kept his mouth shut? Yeah. But do I think it was a big deal? No, maybe if we had lost badly on Friday I'd feel differently. But the Fire dominated the game, NE played defensively to be kind, and the result was more then fair.
    Lack of class? Really. Well, I guess we all have different defenitions of class. IMO hacking a player repeatedly as part of a game plan is showing no class. But thats just my opinion of the way the game should be played. Apparently the Revs don't. Perhaps I view Cancela hitting the ground before a Fire player getting to him as a lack of class. But I don't really view a comment out of frustration that also was true to really reflect on a person's "class".

By the by, to get back to some semblance of soccer conversation, how do the Revs look with the Cap next year? Most Revs fans seem to believe getting rid of JMM will be easy and I'm not sure a player with his injury history and salary will be accepted in a trade by anyone. None of Noonan, Cancela, and Joseph are due for a raise all will remain greatly underpaid correct? If you guys kept this roster would you be under or over?

9. As for me, as a Fire fan, I must say that I'm saddened to learn that not everyone loves Beasley like we do. I mean, opposing fans, especially.

My faith in humanity has just been shaken....

10. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll never know what people see in Beasley, in my eyes he's nothing special. Just a guy who can run fast. Hes a black version of Heyduk.

11. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Member+

Apr 25, 2000
    SE Mass
    Re: Re: Dum and Dumber

Travis, if you were looking for a "soccer conversation" instead of an opportunity to troll, you could easily have found it on other threads on this board. Fire fans would be incensed if Rev fans did on the Fire what you are doing here, and rightly so. There are a number of Fire fans who might serve as a useful role model for you, for example here. Learn from them.

12. Rodan

Rodan New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Providence
    Re: Re: Dum and Dumber

Your posts all sound oddly alike.

13. Gunners11

Gunners11 Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Why are we still talking about this? NE, your season is over, find something else to bi!@h about. And shouldn't you Rev fans be at the golf course with your team?

14. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since you're wondering why WE are talking about this, why don't you give us your reason?

Love people who go on other team's boards and then complain that those fans are not quite agreeing with their own opinions.

15. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, but he sounds more like Chris Rock than Otto, the bus driver on the Simpsons.

And here's another comment from Ja-maaah's smarter bruv after the game: He said that, to a man, from the coach all the way down the line, he can't stand them. Look in the MLS News & Analysis topic for the exact reference.

Tom

16. TravisMinor_23

TravisMinor_23 New Member

Oct 16, 2001
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: Dum and Dumber

Yes, apparently to NE fans defending a player who you deam "classless" is trolling, we were point counterpointing fairly effectively, then Segroves came over, don't confuse my posts with his. I think calling DMB "classless" over one statement out of frustration is irresponsible and irrational. I broke down the statement and showed how it had some validity at the time but was met with comments like "your streching", yes very good counter point.
    The counter point appeared to be "You are a bandwagoner". You claim DMB is classless, I have given you points why he isn't, it isn't worth debating anymore. But labeling me a troll would be a little less then accurate. Read all the posts. But apparently not agreeing with a poorly formed judgement of a player/person is now labeled "trolling".....Fair enough.

17. Rodan

Rodan New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Providence
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Dum and Dumber

He's now up to three:

After the Fire took game two against the Revs in the 2002 MLS playoffs, DeMarcus publically stated that the Fire were looking beyond the Revs to the championship (they subsequently lost game 3). Dumb.

This year, after a comparatively meaningless midseason loss to the Revs, he went off on a hissy fit about the team that had just handed it to him and his teammates.

And finally, in his most recent tirade, after a decisive victory over the Revs in the 2003 playoffs, DeMarcus just says he hates everyone in the NE organization from the coach on down.

Class act...or a spineless yammering turd.
    All depending on where you're sitting.

18. Gregor

Gregor New Member

Jun 23, 1999
    Boston, MA USA
    not me, I think they're douchebags

19. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh yah, like he would really recognize Tony Frias III if he saw him on the street...

20. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    C'mon Tom, how many Revs fans would recognize Frias if we saw him on the street? ;)

21. Rodan

Rodan New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Providence
    This has just got to do with the time "the lesser Beasley" spent in town.

Either that or DMB's faculties have just gone AWOL.

22. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The arrogant twat will never learn

They stopped his ass, and they stopped the #2 offensive team from scoring more then a goal, thats a great defensive team in my mind.

23. Rodan

Rodan New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Providence
    He is remarkably consistent isnt he, that DeMarcus?

Can't wait to see him go.

24. soccertim

soccertim Member

Mar 29, 2001
    Mass
    My son probably would. TF3 probably spends more time signing autographs than anyone else. Of course, he never remembers Frias' name. He just refers to him as "that guy who never plays".