Hey Duh-Marcus, Remember This...

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Danizinho, Nov 12, 2003.

1. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're making the assumption that the Fire fans on this thread can actually read. Silly man. :D

2. FairWeatherFan

Sep 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Whhhhhhhhoooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can´t tell watcha´ all New Engerland fans is sayin´ a cause I can´t read!!!!!!

Whut is a fact? Maybe y´all can prove Beasley wrong by beating him in t´ playoffs!

I´m off to ride a cow!!! Whhhhhhooooooeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

3. Rodan

Rodan New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Providence
    The heartbreak of Internet Teret Syndrome.

4. Tmagic77

Tmagic77 Member+

Feb 10, 2003
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    The Fire dominated that match. They were clearly the better team. The Fire proved that the Revs aren't better than the Fire. The other games didn't matter so if you bring those up it's not that strong of a point. The best team wins when it matters. The fire won, they are better, Beasely was correct, I read what he said, *#*#*#*#*# off.

5. TravisMinor_23

TravisMinor_23 New Member

Oct 16, 2001
    United States
    JMMUSA8, talent evaluator to the best clubs in Europe strikes again.....:rolleyes:

Just like I'm sure you thought JMM would be a star in MLS...so much for that....

6. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Member+

Apr 25, 2000
    SE Mass
    If "Beasely" had said something like "despite the fact the Revs won, I still think Chicago is the better team", no one would have cared. But he didn't, did he? His comment wasn't about the EC final, was it? DMB is an arrogant twit just like his bud Landon. He was a poor loser, just like you are a poor winner, Tmagic77.

7. what's the difference between despite the facts that the revs won and yeah they beat us 5-1?

8. Daniel le Rouge

Daniel le Rouge New Member

Oct 3, 2002
    under a bridge
    Note to Revs fans:

I think he remembered.

9. Rodan

Rodan New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Providence
    Very good. Some full sentences in there. Subject predicate, noun, verb, direct object. The whole works. Pat yourself on the back.

Yes your team won - and deserved it. We all know that this makes you personally a much more competent and able individual [smirk] - than you were before they won, that is..

But the Beas is still a twit because it's a generally accepted convention of sporting behavior (look this one up) that you don't slam an opponent that just beat you. It shows a lack of class and smarts (since you're likely to face that opponent again).

If you're OK with that - fine (and it's not particularly surprising). But are you really trying to convince anyone here that Beas was justified in making his patently stupid remarks?

10. Rodan

Rodan New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Providence
    Remembered what?

11. Tmagic77

Tmagic77 Member+

Feb 10, 2003
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Just because he didn't censor himself didn't make his remarks stupid. Most people will say the pc thing, Beasely didn't. He said what he felt was true, if that makes him an arrogant ass, then so be it. I'll take that over a dumbed down, pussified, Miss America answer any day.

12. Rodan

Rodan New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Providence
    Alright that's a better respense.

Yes PC sucks. But the Revs proved that they were not/are not a last place team. On that given night, they also did play better than the Fire.

So, although he expressed his sincere opinion in the heat of a sour post game interview - he was wrong. And shooting his mouth off before he had a chance to gather his feelings showed a lack of maturity - and since it was the second time he shot his mouth off, a lack of character.

He's your boy. You live with him.

13. Tmagic77

Tmagic77 Member+

Feb 10, 2003
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    He said something exactly like "despite the fact the revs won, I think CHicago is the better team." He didn't think they deserved to win, if you can't see that then you have some horrible reading comprehension skills. Just because he wasn't pc about it doesn't change the message. If you want a Miss America answer look somewhere else. DMB is an athlete, he's paid to be competitve, if you don't expect a little attitude, you're dilusional.

14. TravisMinor_23

Oct 16, 2001
    United States
    He never said the Revs didn't play better then the Fire that night, he made a comment based on more then one night.

Read DMB's quote again. He said nothing that wasn't true. He said "They are in last place. They are a last place team for a reason", which at the time was completley true. They were a last place team at that time, and you know what, there was a reason, they weren't playing very good soccer (well, prior to that game obviously).

"They are not a great team. I don't think New England's a good team.". I don't see how this wasn't true at this point. Hell, Chris Brown is not a good player, period. Ask KC how they feel about him, he scored some goals that game, great. But his comments went beyond that game. NE wasn't a good team at that point in the season. What turned NE into a good team was the development of Cancela, Joseph, and Noonan along with the suprising boost that Fabbro added up top. These things turned NE into a good team, and explains their turnaround from a bottom of the table team to semi-finalists for the MLS Cup and #2 in the East.
    To the whether NE is a great team statement. NE still isn't a great team IMO. Joseph and Cancela were overhyped, they are good, but not that good and Noonan still has some developing to do. Obviously Twellman might change things a bit, we'll see how he fits into the team next year.
    Basically great teams don't play defensively for the majority of the Conference Final hoping for a counter attack or PKs. I understand it was the correct strategy, but it also means they aren't great. Great teams go out and try to shove it down your throat.
    Right now the Fire are great, and the Revs are good. But there is no shame in being good, especially when missing arguably your best player who might have the ability to take you to that next level....

15. Rodan

Rodan New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Providence
    Reading is fundamental.

That's just not PC. It's not smart.

16. Rodan

Rodan New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Providence

Boy you're stretching...
    No. No. No.

Great teams win - in whatever way is necessary.

Great players win and loose with class. They don't need to shoot off there mouths like stooges to show they're great, they show it on the field.

DMB showed a lack off class. For some, that means (despite his admirable abilites) that he is not a great player.

17. TravisMinor_23

Oct 16, 2001
    United States
    Uhh...I'm streching? So you mean to tell me the Revs, last in the East, were a good team, let alone a great team? Ummm, hate to break it to you, but I'd imagine there are a lot of people who would have agreed with Beas.

And you are wrong, by the by, the bunker/counter-attack philosophy is associated with outmanned and normally outclassed teams. Its a perfectly legit strategy, but tends to be used by good teams (NE) against great teams (Chicago).

As to the other parts, thats laughable. Beasley is a good kid, ask anyone who has met him, he is down to earth and easy to get along with. I'll bet he regrets saying it but you know what, nothing he said wasn't true. He is one of the classiest players in the league, most teams use the "Hack DMB to slow up the Fire attack" strategy and he just dusts himself off and runs down the field. You are welcome to your opinion, but few would agree that one comment out of frustration would make a player "classy" or "not classy". Let alone effect their determination of whether he is a "great" player. To characterize Beasley as one who shoots his mouth off is ignorant and incorrect.
    Heck, is Franchino viewed as a no talent hack by the rest of the league because of the Mathis incident? No. It is his actions over a number of years with the Revs which leads to that designation.

18. Rodan

Rodan New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Providence
    Duh.

It's never respectable to slam a team that just beat you - handily.

That would be equivalent toRevs players saying after last night's game, "we beat them during the regular season, they got lucky". Scan the Rev's player quotes - you won't find anything remotely like it.

Keep on dreaming. You'll be off the bandwagon as fast as you got on come the tough years. And they come for every team...

Fact is, if he shows a similar atitude in a bigger venue (i.e., Europe), he'll be univerally considered a joke.

19. Rodan

Rodan New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Providence
    I'll concede that your three word posts are generally well-spelled.

But keep on plugging there buddy, I'm betting you'll eventually express something substantive by your 20,000th post (okay, maybe I'm a dreamer).

Today's unintended irony:
    Word of advice, to be a counterpuncher, you actually have to be able to punch.

20. TravisMinor_23

Oct 16, 2001
    United States
    Well first of all I'll point out you've decided to just ignore my post and just make your own points...WEAK!
    Tried to keep this civil, really did, but that didn't work apparently. He made one regretable statement which strangely was completley factual. But you have this "blown out of proportion" attitude (most likely stemming from your teams' performance last night) where you are determined to make this into a big deal. It isn't. Its over, similar to the Rev's season, deal with it.

I guess to kill your credibility on any issues regarding soccer I'll drag up these beauties from your prematch thread. I'm in a salty mood.

Yeahh...that worked out really well didn't it? Just don't make me drag up any more of your quotes from that thread. I'm tired, and honestly bored. Let it go....

21. Rodan

Rodan New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Providence
    Thanks for showing such civility and restraint (some might have mistaken your post-game comments as childish grandstanding).

Showing that I thought Joseph was a better Dmid than Armas really proved your point. You are obviously a master logician and well schooled in the rhetorical arts.

But, do you really believe that if you express a thought that is accurate at a particular point in time, but might be inaccurate immediately after (or might have been inaccurate immediately before), you are necessarily in the right?

BTW, my credibilty with issues regarding soccer is really the least among my worries.

How about you?

22. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    See, he'd forgotten to account for...Jesse Marsch! Shalrie Joseph has great potential, but in his first playoff game, he couldn't match vets like Armarsh. To be fair, on some other day (like the 5-1 day) his analysis would be closer to correct, but Kamler and Cancela didn't show up, so Ralston and Shalrie were outnumbered... ;)

23. Rodan

Rodan New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Providence
    This is great.

The rest is much better spelled, but maybe you're better off with the short ones Mike (at least say the girls down on Mass Ave.).

24. Spiro_In_San_Jose

Spiro_In_San_Jose New Member

Apr 18, 2003
    San Jose
    Mmmmmmmmmm Gyros...

25. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    It's $16.69 now with interest. Maybe I'll swing by there when I'm back in town around NYE. :D