Hey, Bay Area and NYC Viola Tifosi

Discussion in 'Fiorentina' started by HuntKop, Apr 7, 2010.

1. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  2. wolfpackallday

Aug 20, 2009
    Sacramento
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh man. By the title i was thinking the team was going to come play over here in the summer or something. I wish fiorentina could do a tour of the states over the summer but they probably wouldn't be able to draw huge numbers of people aka the people who don't really follow soccer.

3. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I wish. That would be fantastic! But, there are certainly bigger draws. Regardless, some "lesser draw" teams have come over and played exhibitions against MLS clubs as a warmup to the European season. It could happen someday!

4. wolfpackallday

Aug 20, 2009
    Sacramento
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just talked to a guy in one of my classes who had a Liverpool jersey on the other day and told him I was a Viola fan and he could not stop singing praises about La Viola. And I'm sorry Nicky, but he was a big fan of CaptainRickyMonty haha.

5. wolfpackallday

Aug 20, 2009
    Sacramento
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oops. Premature posting. My point with that is saying our recent run through Europe has exposed us to many more fans in the states which makes me very excited.

6. CRSvideo

CRSvideo Member

Jul 24, 1999
    New York, NY
    Back in 2000 Fiorentina played in a little pre-season tournament in Giant's Stadium in NY. Other teams in the tournament were Ajax, Aston Villa and Panathinaikos. Fiorentina won both of their matches (first I believe against Panathinaikos and then the "final" against Aston Villa - scores were something like 3-0 or 4-1 in those matches, ie they won easily). Only time I saw them stateside.

7. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Good stuff! RickyMonty can be charming in his play. Or completely, mind-numbingly frustrating.

8. LaFuriaNolan

LaFuriaNolan Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Montréal
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Is DDV still in New York? I'm living there for now and should go stalk him.

I've received positive comments for wearing a Fiorentina jersey plenty of times in both New York and Montreal, typically by Italians though.

9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy