Hey AC St. Louis fans-Introduce yourself

Discussion in 'St Louis FC' started by SilentAssassin, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had an email conversation with a guy from the team, and he told me that the jerseys were to be delivered to them this Monday past from Nike, and then the printers would get them...so I'm hoping that they'll have them available at the friendly vs KC.

Coz I need one.

2. jasontoon

jasontoon Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jerseys are usually out of my price range, so I'm hoping there's at least one t-shirt design I like. A yellow or green shirt with an AC crest (and nothing else) would be perfect.

3. rreynolds2186

rreynolds2186 Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Newton, IL
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's up all? I introduced myself in the other thread, but I'll do it here as well since I don't often post. My name's Ryan and I hail from the small town of Newton, Illinois, about 2 hours east of St. Lou. Have been a St. Louis sports fan my entire life. I'm a hockey fan first and foremost, so my main sports interest is the Blues. But I've followed the Cardinals my entire life, and the Rams since they moved to town.

I've been a soccer fan since I was about 12 (thanks to the 1998 World Cup), but have never had a team to follow. I'm an Everton supporter in the EPL, but without going into a lengthy explanation, it just didn't feel like 'my' team since they were halfway around the world. If I had a soccer team that fit that bill, it would be the US Men's National Team. I live and die by those guys.

I've been holding out hope for a St. Louis soccer team for a long time (maybe not as long as you all, but still...it feels like an eternity). With each passing round of MLS expansion, I got more and more defeated. So it was great to hear that Cooper was finally putting together a team that I can now call my own.

My buddy and I have never attended a live soccer event, whether it is high school, college, or pro. Just aren't many soccer activities around here. But I'm glad to say that we'll be in attendance for the April 17th inaugural AC St. Louis game. Here's to hoping in a few years that we'll be celebrating an MLS debut like the Sounders fans last year, the Union fans last night, and the Portland/Vancouver fans next year.

4. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know exactly what you mean. Being a supporter of Arsenal, awesome though it is, isn't the same as having a team in your town.

To be able to go to the games....

Can't wait.

Funny enough the idea of a Div II team never struck me as a possibility, but I'm thrilled.

5. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I introduced myself in the other thread as well, but here goes:
    The name's Austin, and I'm a sophomore at WashU at the moment (math major), and have lived in STL my whole life.
    I've never been much of a sports person, but I started following soccer around the 2006 WC (at least the games that were on ABC), at which time I also caught wind of a potential MLS team. By 2007 I had adopted Houston Dynamo as my proxy MLS team to cheer for while following developments for Cooper's group, and I had "discoverd" the USWNT - hence I followed the 2007 WWC - and the potential for WPS. I didn't have cable or satellite at home, though, so it was a passing interest in all the above at best. I joined Eads Brigade sometime in that interval.
    The summer of 08, though, I started a pre-freshman program at WashU, and had access to the ESPN network and FSC - I didn't miss a single game of EURO'08. ^.^ Go Spain! Then there were the Olympics later that summer, where the USWNT won gold. =-)
    Anyway, by the time that was over, the launch of WPS was nearing, and I got really involved in Laclede's Army, and have been ever since (the only home game I missed last season was the semifinal, which I guess was an okay game to miss....). I also got a Wikipedia account (username CyMoahk) and worked quite a bit on general WPS pages and all the Athletica pages.
    I'm still a little upset that we didn't get the MLS team, but I'm so psyched for the coming USSFD2 season - and hopefully next year, the inaugural NASL season!

6. v3rtiic4L

v3rtiic4L New Member

Mar 29, 2010
    St.Louis
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    hey all. My name is Johnnie, born and raised in the Lou and just super pumped to have a team to support.

Will def try to make it all the games I can to this season

Will also buy the green kit!

7. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that's pretty universal.

I don't think anyone really LIKES the yellow one.

8. time4wine

time4wine Member

Mar 13, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if they would only go with the white for the home kit.

9. v3rtiic4L

v3rtiic4L New Member

Mar 29, 2010
    St.Louis
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    You would think for a new franchise they would wanna appease the supporters as much as possible.

10. Rowdies1965

Rowdies1965 New Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    My name is Blake and I live close to Carbondale, IL... I had a grandmother that lived near Tampa. So when I visited, I always followed the Rowdies. On my honeymoon, we attended a Mutiny match. Even though I live approx. 150 miles away, I'll be at all AC matches. Can't wait till Saturday!!

11. dmelsh

dmelsh New Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Lawrence / St. Louis
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey All ACSTL Supporters!

My name is Dan Melsheimer and I'm an AC Supporter!

I have was born in Maryland Heights, MO and I'm a big soccer fan. I'm 23 years old and I have been play / watching soccer my whole life. I moved away for a few years to attend University of Kansas and have returned in time to finally watch soccer in St Louis.

I am a Man U., AC Milan, KC Wiz, and LA Galaxy supporter. And am a season ticket holder for ACSTL. I will be at every game cheering our AC on. I'm 6'3 and like to yell and chant so you'll be hearing me Saturday. I currently live in Fenton so it takes me 5 mins to get to each game so I give major Props to everyone traveling long ways to get to Soccer Park.

I am the only one in my group of friends that really likes soccer so I'll be rocking it at Soccer Park all by myself. So I look forward to meeting a few of you guys.

Go ACSTL!

12. time4wine

time4wine Member

Mar 13, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey dmelsh, meet us at Growler's at 5:30pm!

That goes for anyone else too!

13. ppohrer1

ppohrer1 New Member

Apr 6, 2010
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Rayo Vallecano Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guys, I'm sure I met a few of you last weekend in Section 20. And you'll be able to find me there at every game.

I was born and raised here in St. Louis (close enough anyway), but I didn't really start following soccer 'til I studied in Europe last year, and now I can't think of anything else that compares. I mostly follow the Spanish Primera and Segunda divisions (studied in Madrid for a year and a half), and I'm all jacked up to have a home team to support here in the US as well.

So, I'll see you guys in the pubs and at the Park.

14. demunb

demunb Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Crystal City, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My name is Brad. I'm a big soccer fan. There are six of us that play in the St. Louis Subbuteo League that will be in section 16. So we should have some fun in the middle of all the supporters groups. I'm sure we'll gravitate towards one of them over the course of the season. We'll be drinking and yelling. Happy to finally have a team of our own. AC STL.

15. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    I'm Sport Billy (real name Patrick)
    Sport Billy was the 1977 FIFA Fair Play mascot.

I'm currently a mod in the expansion forum.
    I was the first president of Eads Brigade.

I like Guinness and support Newcastle.

BTW, I homebrew on occasion.

Cheers

16. sirfallsalot_2000

Apr 18, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    I'm Ricky, I live out in St. Peters. I'm sooo miffed about losing out on the MLS bid the even the name USSF Div-II can't stop my enthusiasm to have a team to actually talk about.

I started following soccer after the 2002 World Cup. I chose Arsenal as my team based on the play of Thierry Henry, but now Cesc is my man. I also keep tabs on the Athletica and went to their playoff game last year. I also love sports in general and I follow the Cardinals, Rams, Mizzou football and basketball.

17. MUhooligan10

MUhooligan10 New Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Columbia, MO
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Hello, I'm Steve Schenck. I live out here in O'Fallon, MO and I'm a college student. I've only lived her for 6 years after moving from Ireland. I'm originally from Cork City. If you see a man with an Ireland kit on at the games, that's me! It was strange moving from a football crazy nation to a city without a team, but after the game against Kansas City I feel at home. I plan on being at every game and screaming my head off.

I might also meet you all at Growler's and try to start some good ol' drinking songs before games!!!

18. ironhead

ironhead New Member

Jul 1, 2006
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hello, my name is Nick. I'm 32, a social worker by profession, and am currently working on my Master's degree in mental health counseling at Webster University. I have been following Jeff Cooper's efforts since the beginning and was one of the original members (the vice presidents) of Eads Brigade. I've been a little out of the football loop for a while, especially after it became evident that St. Louis was not going to be awarded an MLS franchise (at least not yet). However, I've been very much excited since Cooper announced he was forming the breakaway NASL and AC STL. I attended the first inaugural game last night and was very pleased with the turnout, if not the result of the match.

Apart from supporting footy in St. Louis, I've supported Newcastle United since 1998 and am also thrilled they will be back in the Premiership next season. Honestly, it is amazing to think about how much the game has actually grown in the U.S. since the time I first started following the professional game, in 1998. Soccer is all over television when compared to what we had in '98. Back then, the most we had was the English Premier League show, hosted by Lionel Bienvenue. Does anyone on here even remember that show? 12 years on, we've seen Fox Sports World morph into Fox Soccer Channel and many soccer-specific stadiums built as well as significant expansion of MLS. We just need it to expand to St. Louis!

19. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think in time, we'll end up in the MLS if we keep up our support.

20. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    Nik, I looked for you last night. Which one were you?

21. PopsKrock

PopsKrock New Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Belleville
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The guy in the Mexico jersey.

22. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    Wait - I think I talked to him - I just missed the name :eek:

Sorry Nik.

23. KyleScarborough

KyleScarborough New Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Washington, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, I must have small talked with so many people--sober and drunk--but it's not like I was gonna go "so what's your handle on BigSoccer?!?".

Nik seemed to recognize me (he loves taking pictures of my head). Krock...couple other guys.

I think due to mingling and the pub afterwards I can put more names to faces with the Day Pint and EHC guys than I can Eads. Gotta fix that.

24. time4wine

time4wine Member

Mar 13, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kyle, Nik pointed you out to me and I meant to come up and talk to you, sorry I didn't. Next time I see you I will make a point of it and come bearing a gift of the gods, a beer.

25. VFL Wolfsburg

VFL Wolfsburg New Member

Apr 16, 2010
    Club:
    VfL Wolfsburg
    My name is Cory and I am a member of the Eads Brigade. I just joined, and Saturdays match was my first event. It was awesome! Even more than I expected. I grew up in STL. Played soccer my entire life. Won state championship with Rosary high school in 1987 and played at Lewis and Clark. I moved to Lake of the Ozarks for 10 years, and just moved back to STL in south city. St Louis needs professional soccer. Lets keep it here! VFL Wolfsburg for life!!! Dzeko is a true GOAL SCORER!!