He's coming to visit!

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by FUAEG, Jul 28, 2008.

1. FUAEG

FUAEG Member+

Oct 18, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

How shall we greet him?

2. mikemc66

mikemc66 New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    south san francisco
    Treat him like the Judas that he is!Let's give Landon,Becks and Carlos the flopper the royal treatment! Boo them everytime they touch the ball and chant at them the whole game! Go Quakes!The Scum Suck!

3. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    Where's Clarence Goodsen when you really need him.

4. BCaso18

BCaso18 Member

SJ Earthquakes, Liverpool FC
    United States
    Jul 7, 2005
    Home of the Tule Fog
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or Danny Califf?

5. Aquari

Aquari New Member

Jul 5, 2004
    Hehehe...we have Nick Garcia if you've forgotten.....:D

6. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I remember clearly Danny personally relating how he relished the thought. :)

7. FUAEG

FUAEG Member+

Oct 18, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kiss me. I like to be kissed after I'm f*cked.

8. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    According to his mom, Landon hated the Galaxy and loved San Jose, strongly disliked Sampson loved playing for Dom but AEG told him the deal if he wanted to play at home in the US.

9. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    Oh and anybody who suggested Lalas was doing an inside job for AEG at the time of the above quote was harangued as a cynical looney conspiracy theorist on these boards. The love for Lalas was pretty thick.

10. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    If his mother really said that, I will believe it. I met her and talked to her several times at Quakes games in 2001. She is a very nice lady, friendly and personable and very honest. I can also believe that AEG with its evil Emperor Anschutz and Darth Lieweakly are horrible enough to stoop to tactics like that.

11. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    On these boards, maybe, I can't say I remember that. However, I do remember the attitude toward him when he visited the Club Quake tailgate. It could hardly be called love, and was more like contempt. Silent contempt from most of us, but several had no hesitancy in expressing directly what they thought of him. I remember distinctly gAlexi saying, "I know you all think I'm stupid," with quite a few immediately agreeing.

12. FUAEG

FUAEG Member+

Oct 18, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From November 2005.

13. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    ahh, the sweet smell of vindication.

I'll at least give him credit for responding to my emails, at length. Although he was clearly in AEG's hip pocket by then, trying to explain the business side while discounting my passion as irrational and non-business savvy :rolleyes:...

...I really, really hope we can beat these guys Sunday. That would be even sweeter than beating the Dynamo.

14. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nothing takes first place over beating the Galacterrhoid Angelenowanker Scum.

I arrived at these feelings naturally after the first game I attended in 1999 against the Smog-snackers at Spartan when I was somehow surrounded by a huge group of squealing teenage female Scumsuckers yelling for Cobi. Arrrgggghhhh.

15. supersport

supersport New Member

Oct 17, 2001
    San Francisco
    The Ultras, pretty much hated the guy from day one.

16. LeeS

LeeS Member

Mar 23, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Talk about being cynical looney conspiracy theorist!!!

Lee

17. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    It would be nice to hear a couple of things at the game:

1) Booing from all ends of the stadium whenever the little hair-losing mofo touches the ball or has his name announced.
    2) Not booing Beckham per se, because he's just a scum player, never did us any specific harm. But... if the screams for him start, it would be nice to hear boos directed at the screamers.
    3) Nah, don't boo Ruiz until he dives once horribly or does something crappy to one of our players. Then boo him the rest of the match.

18. FUAEG

FUAEG Member+

Oct 18, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hardly ... or did you just forget your sarcasm smiley? :confused:

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you. And AEG
    screwed us big time.

19. LeeS

LeeS Member

Mar 23, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While that is true, I also don't beleive they forced Donovan to ask to back to Bayer for three months, and then forced him to play for the Galaxy.
    It was his own choice, and is the reason to hate him.

Lee

20. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    Everyone knew he never really wanted to go to Germany. He was being seriously pressured to go by media and fans and the doomed SJ situation and most significantly by his loan deal with Leverkusen - but he was young and a total homeboy. There was a good chance he was coming back soon, like maybe after one season. Look at Wolff, Ngwenya, Noonan...

AEG flew him around in their private plane and said if he ever wanted to come home (which they knew he did) he could write his own ticket and be THE figurehead of MLS. Only he'd be playing in lovely SoCal, closer to family and Bianca. They made it pretty clear there wouldn't be a San Jose option.

Our key players got that word and jumped ship when Landon did. AEG's negotiations, SSV and a mysterious Iranian (?) dragged out the process of closing our shop for one more (epic) season.

It was illegal for the Galaxy to even talk to our player. But when Donovan decided to come straight back after what, six weeks? all pretense of legitimacy had to get pretty much thrown out the window to get him on the Galaxy for the '05 season.

21. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice summary. He's a scum-sucking, traitorous, narcissistic, spineless, tool. I have no use for that piece of scum. He doesn't even play well for the Nats when it counts.

Jerk!

goooooo quaaaaaakes!!!!! :eek:

- Mark

22. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    So in other words, Lee, there is a big flaw in our hatred for Donovan. I feel that hatred too whenever he wears the Gals jersey, but I'd welcome him back home to the Quakes.

Of course there's a whole contigent of idiots here with a grudge against the Houston players for chrissakes. And folks booing Jon Conway, who along with Troy Dayak was perhaps the most loyal Quake ever. So I understand ever forgiving Landon Donovan may be beyond the pale.

23. LeeS

LeeS Member

Mar 23, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Link? Thanks...

Lee

24. LeeS

LeeS Member