Hertha BSC Berlin thread[R]

Discussion in 'Germany' started by hertha supporter, Oct 31, 2004.

1. SubPop77

SubPop77 New Member

Feb 6, 2003
    Seattle WA/Berlin DE
    Kicker has the lineup looking like this....

Aufstellung:****12**Fiedler - 3**A. Friedrich, 4**van Burik, 14**Simunic, 29**Fathi - 5**N. Kovac - 15**Reina, 10**Marcelinho, 20**Neuendorf, 11**Gilberto - 24**Rafael

2. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Hertha should play Dardai sometime...

3. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen 3:3 Hertha BSC Berlin

Very good result today, considering van Burik was sent off when they were down 2:0. Marcelinho was brilliant, and Zecke did very well in place for Bastuerk. Very tough to beat Bayer Leverkusen, but a tie was good. Only problem is Hertha is now at 6th and will have to leap frog a bunch of teams to get to Champions League.

4. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Expect the improbable from Hertha but don't expect the probable.

To come back from 2-0 to 3-2 with only 10 men was an amazing acheievment. But they have a way of knacking it up.

If you had offered me the point, I would have took it.

Voronin's goal in the last five minutes was a kick in the teeth. But we didn't lose, so that was a major plus.

Marcelinho - what can I say. Guys on fire. :)

5. SubPop77

SubPop77 New Member

Feb 6, 2003
    Seattle WA/Berlin DE
    That last goal from Voronin is still a little bitter in my mouth, we had just made a sub, and Fiedler was YELLING at Madlung to make sure he marks Voronin, and what happens, not 80 seconds later is the ball in the back of the net. I mean, yes, you cant complain when you are down 2-0 and then you draw the match, but we had it! Oh well, I think this will be a big confidence boost for Hertha, like Götz said after the game, and I think it will give us some serious momentum going back home this week against Bielefeld.

And yes, Marcelinho is incredible. He set up Arthur W. for a goal, that he really should have put away about 5 minutes after scoring his two, but oh well.

Ha, ho, he, Hertha BSC!

6. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I really do like Madlung, I think he's almost as good as Mertesacker as a young defender, but sometimes, he has mental lapses that I guess all young players have. The more matches he has, the more stronger he will be.

7. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Hertha are confirmed to be very interested in German international Patrick Owomoyela. He would be a good signing, but they should spend more time looking for a striker I think. A left back/midfielder is not what we need, we are already strong there.

8. PileD

PileD New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Ruhrgebiet
    How much clubs want him?

I think everyday one comes by.

It's good for him, he can earn a little money.

I'm courious what his new club is.

9. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Quite a few clubs are, it seems like Hamburg and Hertha are most keen to get him after Schalke said they weren't interested anymore.

10. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Stuttgart have expressed interest too.

11. he(a)rtha

he(a)rtha New Member

Feb 6, 2005
    Berlin
    He signed for Werder Bremen today :)

12. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    We have lost Owomoyela, but Hertha are looking into a more pressing need as they are now said to be pursuing Fenerbahce's Turkish 23 year old international striker Akin Serkat. This is part of Hertha's strikeforce shift, as they want to get rid of the useless Wichniarek and Bobic, and a strike force of Mansiz, Nando Rafael and Akin Serkat would be a young, but perhaps unpredictable lineup. I say we should go for a more proven scorer, but such a commodity is very rare.

13. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Hertha win 3:0 thanks to a brilliant display by Thorben Marx, who scores his 2nd and 3rd goal of the season. Also on the scoresheet is Yilidiray Basteurk, who scores his 5th in the 90th.

THis was a very good win, a win that moves Hertha to fifth. It was a game Hertha should put in the bag, and they did that quite well today, good job boys!

14. SubPop77

SubPop77 New Member

Feb 6, 2003
    Seattle WA/Berlin DE
    Was at the Olympiastadion yesterday watching the boys to the 3-0 win, and the scoresheet I think says a little better about how we played than how we actually played. Our first two goals came off of counters, where the third was a great set up and a great finish. Zecke needs to tighten up his game, it seems like our midfield is solid, but we need to land more passes on target if we really want to finish top 3-4. We also need more than 38,000 fans in the stadium if we want to root the team on to victory, but thats just me. With Schalke now in 1st, I believe that game will be sold out, but it would be nice to qualify for Europe with a packed house, you can be sure Ill be there singing songs.

15. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    It seems awfully cold in Germany...I'm in Boston, where it hasn't been warm since September, but this year is just an exception. I'm looking at highlights fromthe 25th Spieltag, and it's still snowing throughout much of Germany. Maybe thats why the attendance is lower, but I do agree, the fans should have more support.

16. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Spring has finally arrived this week! :)

It wasn't a exceptionally cold winter , just a long winter with much snow.
    I prefer short cold winters but you can't have everything. At least summer is expected to be very warm!

Berliners don't seem to care too much about soccer, even at Union not that many people are showing up.
    That's a shame, a full olympiastadium certainly is impressive.

17. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I had that same vibe when I was in Berlin last year...which is a shame, there are a lot of people there.

18. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Yeah, Hannovergirl, i agree, im so relieved that the winter is fianlly over. We had 20degrees here the oter day, it was great!

19. shutoutj

shutoutj New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Rome, Georgia
    What is that in Fahrenheit? Somewhere in the 60's?
    I remember when I went to Germany last winter it was the coldest I've been in a while. The day I got back to america, sometime in january, it felt like summer. Winter waited until February and March to show up this year. Now it's still cold.

20. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    BOSTON is COLLLLLDDDDD...although last year was colder; one day we missed school because it was too cold, -25 degrees fahrenheit, which is like -60 something in celsius...*brrr*

21. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Actually it would be more like -15 or so...
    Just google it up (or start using metric, as the rest of th world does! :) )

22. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    -60 celsius = colder than in the north pole.

23. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    lol ok ok i was jking haha

=D

24. SubPop77

SubPop77 New Member

Feb 6, 2003
    Seattle WA/Berlin DE
    The last week has really bloomed here in Berlin, the high was about 62 F today I do believe. No excuses now for people to get their arses into the Stadium.

In awesome news, Arne Friedrich is getting some respect he deserves and looks like he will start tomorrow in the German national game. Its too bad Fiedler never gets looked at, he has amazed me quite a bit this season.

25. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    He has, but I have to admit, even Wiese and Hildebrand are better than him. And he's only proved himself really in 1.5 seasons.

Friedrich is just a solid back, he won't give up and he has good heading, anticipation and tackling skills and good speed.