Hertha BSC Berlin thread[R]

Discussion in 'Germany' started by hertha supporter, Oct 31, 2004.

1. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    It should be interesting between Marcelinho and Hleb in the battle to see who's the better foreign creator in the bundesliga.

2. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    He wasn't in the game against Nurnberg because he had a fever. He should be back against Strutgart, which would be great because Zecke is out.w

3. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    The early goal killed it. :( It was always going to be an uphill battle between two defensive minded sides. Still, we didn't embarrass oursleves and we just have to keep plugging away.......

4. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    You guys were better, you deserved it today and we got lucky. I apologise for our catenaccio display in this game, but on our present form, there was no other way we could have managed the 3 points.

5. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    What have you got to apoligise for? You won. Simple as that. Life goes on for Hertha and we must simple plug away in the next game. Stuttgart are tough oppenents and I respect their style of play.

6. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    It is a disappointing lost, but they played well. It's not the end of the world, but it is a big loss for Hertha's CL hopes

7. DanielHSV

DanielHSV New Member

Nov 29, 2004
    Hamburg, Germany
    And hopefully there will be another big loss this week ;) (but I doubt that :( )

8. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Hertha BSC Berlin 4-1 Hamburger SV

Very impressive victory, although the score line would have been closer if Hamburg's strikers were more clinical. Gilberto and Marcelinho had great games, as did Bastuerk, who came off the flu to play, until his deliberate hand ball got him a red card. Defense was once again stout as Friedrich returned and Simunic got more fitter after his injury that disabled him a bit at Strutgart. Reina had a good game, but, for the second straight start, Wichniarek could not prove that he was above Rafael in the striking pecking order. His future in the club is still a major doubt, in my opinion.

9. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Great result for Hertha. How delibrate was the Basturk hand ball? Well at least they missed, so he kinda won in that regards.

Match over at HT imo. Great stuff lads. Lets get a European place for next season. CL is too much, I'll take the UEFA cup.

:D

10. brandonFC

brandonFC New Member

Jul 1, 2004
    Just East of Tampa
    Absolutely a great result for Hertha, especially coming off the 0:1 defeat at Stuttgart. Can someone explain the story behind Marcelinho's new red look? Was it done to jest the HSV supporters (since HSV were wearing their red kits)?

HSV got what they deserved, especially after van Buyten refused to shake Herthinho's hand just before the kick-off. :mad:

11. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    I don't blame him! I loved it.

God, I'm so glad 96 dosen't have an ugly mascot (yet).

12. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Hertha BSC Berlin vs. 1. FC Kaiserslautern Sunday

Hertha midfielder Yildiray Basteurk is out for 2 games with a red card. His place in the lineup is taken by Zecke Neuendorf. Nando Rafael hopes to be fit in time for the game, as Artur Wichniarek has yet to find the magic he had in the game vs. Nurnburg a fortnight ago.

Hertha's youngsters will get another chance to shine again. Malik Fathi has been a regular all season, as well as Thorben Marx and Alexander Madlung. I think Fathi has been great all season and if he develops some attacking skills, a National Team call up should not be too far behind. I think the same goes for Thorben Marx. Madlung has also been great, he has shown that he is quick, strong in the air, and mentally strong enough to keep in the game and not get as many silly cards. With these and the up and coming stars, like Sofian Chahed, Denny Cagara, Sejad Salihovic and Christian Mueller, Hertha's future is bright.

13. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Herthinho is a genius. :rolleyes: :D

In one game didn't he get jumped on by all the players when they scored? haha.

We should beat Kaiserlautern over the weekend. I'll go 2-0 Hertha.

14. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Looks like the referee scandal has directly affected Hertha: their amateur team now must replay a Regionalliga match against Arminia Bielefeld (A), which they had won.

This is not that fair...just because the game is under suspicion does not mean that it should be replayed...concrete facts most be presented.

15. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    C'mon, as long as they don't get relegated it does not matter a single bit to you...

16. mannellaice

mannellaice New Member

May 8, 2001
    KC, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone know where I can see today's K'lautern game? I'm not finding anything.

17. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Hertha BSC Berlin 1-1 1. FC Kaiserslautern

Madlung saves the day as his 85th minute strike means Hertha steal a point away from the Red Devils. THey move up to fifth.

18. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    God damn it Hertha. :mad: The minute you are looking good, you go and blow it by giving away a goal and fighting to get something from the game.

We needed an early goal in that one.

How many points have we salvaged due to last minute comebacks this year?

19. SubPop77

SubPop77 New Member

Feb 6, 2003
    Seattle WA/Berlin DE
    All the livetickers and game wrapups here Ive read here in Berlin, and from listening to the game on the radio today, it sounds like we got screwed, got two goals disallowed off of a couple of bad offsides calls. But yes, we did need an early goal, and we had some chances, Arthur I guess had a really nice run early on and totally missed a shot from about 11 m out. And, everyone in the press and from the radio, has praised Lauterns defense today, they came in playing for the counter, as they knew Hertha was going to bring it, and it worked for them.

Just my two cents. Next week at Leverkusen is going to be tough, we need at least a draw. And we really manhandled them at home in the first round.

20. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    A win against Leverkusen is the only result that would satisfy me...we cannot afford to drop anymore points and dropping 2, albeit due to some dodgy refereeing, was inexcusable...

One of the worst games Hertha has played this season, having Basteurk out is having a very negative affect on the squad. They have not gotten maximum points in 8 out of the 10 matches he has not appeared in.

21. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    One of two things may happen against Bayer.

* We will capatilize on their CL exit to Liverpool and hit them whilst they are down. Snatching a 1-0 win to inflict more misery on their low morale :)

Or.

* We get the backlash and get turned over in style. :(

I hope its the first.

22. SubPop77

SubPop77 New Member

Feb 6, 2003
    Seattle WA/Berlin DE
    Götz said in the press today that if there is any time to be able to beat Leverkusen in the Bayarena, its now, so I agree, we really have to capitalize on this game here on Saturday and really start to get ahold of a spot in Europe, and I dont want to speculate, but it would seem likely to me that the 6th place Bundesliga team will be UEFA Cup qualified too, based on whats going on in the DFB-Pokal, but I would rather we didnt have to rely on that spot on getting in on some international play.

I know Ill be watching the game tomorrow before picking up my brother from the airport for his spring break here in Berlin!

Ha, ho, he, Hertha BSC!

23. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Hi everyone :)

Yildiray Basturk ...

Is he gonna play , agains to Bayer Levarkusen ?? :confused:

24. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    No, still suspended.

25. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Thank you very much , for your answer. ;)

its bad , that he cant play. :(

He is a World Class Player.

by the way , good luck Herta agains to Levarkusen match ;)