Hertha BSC Berlin thread[R]

Discussion in 'Germany' started by hertha supporter, Oct 31, 2004.

1. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Re: Hertha BSC Berlin thread

Hannover 0-1 Hertha Berlin
    [Rafael 54]

Another great result. Let's keep climbing that table. A european place would be fantastic.

2. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net
  3. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96

Me thinks Hertha really wants to get Berlin's big Turkish population to visit Hertha games.

Bastürk, Fathi, now Ilhan and last week they founded the first Turkish-German fanclub of Hertha BSC.

4. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Haven't seen this yet but New England Revolution forward Taylor Twellman was a target of Hertha. Not sure if he still is, especially how the offense has picked it up and wins are coming. I haven't heard anything from either sides (I'm a supporter of both teams).

5. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

Hey you guys what up. I used to be in BigSOccer as Hertha_supporter, and I started this thread, but I forgot my password so now I got a new handle. :)

I believe that the end of the first half ended fantastically for the side. All we need is another striker, as we have seen with Hertha trialing Ilhan and looking at John Hartson, they're trying to address that problem. Hertha are also looking into Kaiserslautern goalkeeper Tim Wiese and have trialed Chinese international Zheng Zhi :D ( i got to rep for my chinese players).

The best thing about Hertha is their creative midfield. I think that Marcelinho, Basturk, Gilberto and Marx are the best midfield combination in Die Bundesliga.

As for Taylor Twellman, I too am a fan of the Revs, but I don't think he's talented enough to come. He would be like Clint Mathis was to Hannover, contribute an odd goal or two; he is not the solution to their goal scoring woes.

6. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Twellman has more goals then Mathis in MLS and isn't the head case that Mathis is. I think he would do better but not the same type of production that he puts up in MLS.

7. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

Hertha needs a clinical striker, not a striker that will strike for the odd goal or two every now and then. Twellman is not the answer and he's not young enough to be groomed. Someone like Hartson would do well in Hertha.

8. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

I wonder if Marcelinho is considered by the Brazilian NT coach....I think that he shud have a shot at the Brazilian NT, even with their depth.

9. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart

Mareclinho could never fit into the NT despite how good he is.

10. balla

balla Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Melbourne,Australia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

His position is filled by Ronaldinho.Seriously who would you rather???Skill,talent and age all on Ronaldinho's side.

11. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

Maybe as a substitute?

12. jdoppel

jdoppel Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

marcelinho did make a few appearances with the NT in the 2001 WC qualifiers. He was brought in for a few games when the team was in a poor run of form and they wanted to shake things up. He played well, but he is not Ronaldinho, or Kaka, etc. So, i think the chances are not good that he would be brought in, but you can never totally rule it out. I think he is probably far enough down the list in his position that it is not likely unless there are some injuries, etc.

at 28, this may be the last chance he has at getting any national team games, although if Brazil wins the Cup again they will be sending various teams out on tours and he might make a B traveling side. Brazil is so strong that a guy like Marcelinho cant even break in. its a shame he didnt get citizenship somewhere else before he was capped.

13. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

Perhaps so, but I can't think of another team anywhere who is as dependent on one person's exploits as Marcelinho is to Hertha Berlin. The guy has literally carried this team on his back for the past few years, and now with a better supporting cast, he is better than ever.

My prediction for the next semester:
    if they get another, better, striker: top 3, champions league
    if they don't: top 6, uefa cup/intertoto

14. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart

Marcelinho has without doubt been Hertha s best player so far, but you must give credit aswell to Basturk and Gilberto, their arrivals have also been much more than helpful to Hertha BSC.

15. jdoppel

jdoppel Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

yes Marcelinho is the best player ont he team, and Gilberto and Basturk have helped allow him to be the creative player he can be. now if only they had one or two better strikers they would be be challenging for the championship. they can not afford to continue to buy older players who are basically washed up (Reina and Bobic). I would love to see them make a big move for a young fast striker.

16. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart

The first name that springs up in my mind is Podolski, but he s not free until the end of the season unless Koln get promoted, then he s not free at all.

17. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

Podolski would be a GREAT acquisition...they would have 2 fast, young strikers to go along with that great midfield...they could challenge for the title with that lineup.

18. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

Too bad they're going after Ilhan...he's 29! Probably has passed his prime as a striker. He'd be a much better striker than Wichnarek and Bobic, but still, I'd put Nando Rafael over Ilhan.

I'd say the only reason we buy him is so that we get googly eyed Turkish and Japanese and Korean girls to try to buy our shirts... :D

19. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Re: Hertha BSC Berlin thread [R]

Hertha BSC Berlin vs. Bayern Munchen

Does Hertha have anymore magic left from their late 1st half surge or is Bayern just too much for the Berliners? HB will need Olympia Stadion to be packed and shouting for them because this match is gonna be tough. I'm predicting a Bayern win.....3-1.

20. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

FT
    Mainz 0:3 Hertha BSC
    0:1 Bastürk (26.)
    0:2 Neuendorf (68.)
    0:3 Bastürk (76.)

21. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Hertha BSC Berlin vs 1.FC Nürnberg

The Berliners will have their way with Nurnberg. The capital will be rocking as HBSC wins this match with ease 3-1.

22. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia

I'm really impressed with this team at the minute. Still a little annoyed that they still need one more striker, or hope that Mansiz can play (but he is way below match fitness at this stage.)

Basturk, Gilberto and Marcelinho are doing all the leg work for the Cf's this year.

And, aside from last year - the defence is keeping clean-sheets. The 2-2 was expected down at Bochum. Some bad ref desicions in that one.

Still I would have taken 5 points after the winter-break. 4th Postion at the minute, gotta to start to maybe think about a UEFA place (CL may be just too much this time around.)

23. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia

Speaking of Nurnberg and the look for goalscoring, what does everybody think about Marek Mintal, the Slovakian CF?

He would be ideal.......

24. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Ganu,
    I agree with you....Hertha are impressive and are doing quite well this season.

25. SubPop77

SubPop77 New Member

Feb 6, 2003
    Seattle WA/Berlin DE

Hey guys.

Ive been living in Berlin this year, studying, and its pretty crazy how good they are playing. I had to go buy a kit last weekend at the FC Bayern game, even though Ive been a life long FCB fan. Just being here and going to the matches has turned me into a Hertha fan, and its kind of nice to root for a team too that isnt always winning everything, as much as I do love FCB (first club match I ever saw on TV at home in the States).

Ive been to a few matches this year, and havnt seen them lose yet. I even caught them in Kaiserslautern as I had a conference, where they won.

I think that UEFA cup is something in their reach this year, if they can beat Schalke04 in Schalke, draw Bayern, beat Leverkusen 2-0, we are a pretty strong team. Its been in the papers for a while that European competition is something the squad wants to do.

Man, just thinking about it, I need to get my tickets in the Ostkurve tomorrow for Saturday.

Cheers.