Hermann Cordoba

Discussion in 'Colombia' started by MrPaisa, May 9, 2008.

1. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY
    Fuentes dicen que el Werder Bremen se esta interesando en Cordoba de el Cali. Su representante es Farid Mondragon y lo ha puesto en lista de interes para el club aleman. Ojala no sea un caso Mosquera. Ojo tiene 18 years.

2. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    same thing was said about Freddy Montero 2 seasons ago... till its on enlajugada or futbolred(when ever it relaunchs) ... I wont see it as anything other than the Udinese buyin every colombian possible

hope its true tho as they are a quality side and hopefully can develop our boys like they did for Peru

but Cordoba hasnt even scored at Cali more than like 2x has he?

3. Siempreconlamecha

Apr 4, 2005
    I believe Paisa did get it from enlajugada... they certainly reported this interest.

One of the criticisms IS that the goalscoring has not been there, but his contributions to the team with his other abilities are what make him a starter for the very competed spot on Cali's forward line.

4. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    think he can be developed as a winger in germany, and sooner or later we are going to have to play with that style because we have alot of players who can play as wingers and then players who are great at headers ... a more euro style but seems like the way our players are developing

5. hadexxx

hadexxx Moderator
    Staff Member

May 3, 2005
    Its funny... este man jugaba con mi primito en el idema de palmira, atras de las piscinas olimpicas y del rivera escobar. Y la novia vive enseguida de la casa de mi tia. otro fruto del malito barrio olimpico. El pelao es muy veloz. Tiene algunas cualidades y puede ser un delantero de buen nivel, pero no es como lo que decian cuando estaba jugando en el idema que disque era mejor que giovanni! es bueno, pero no mejor que giovanni y pues si sale de colombia, bacano por el... pero creo que no ha mostrado lo esperado para salir. Creo yo... aunque ganas siempre le ha metido!

6. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    He pretty much plays winger for cali now. His speed and technicality is quite impressive for his age, and he is important in the Cali attck, he brings it up to the box. But it is way too soon form him to go to Bremen, right now what he needs is experence. Like Mosquera mentioned earlier, one should remember that he was amazing in the sub-17 before going to Germany. Being loaned out constantly from an elite team that has no room for him has caused his drop of form, who knows if hell ever be that effective again. For now let Hermann stay at least a couple of seasons more with Cali, give him some time with the juvenil selecciones and let him develope.

7. Siempreconlamecha

Apr 4, 2005
    I agree in principle. But the true test for Hermann will be when he's no longer eligible to play as the teams 'youngster' to see if he's still selected for the starting line-up (though I know he tends to play way more minutes than the typical player playing under this rule). How old was Zapata when he left? Cali has developed (found) amazing talent over the years but really only zapata has blossomed which makes me weary of their system. look at guys like Tapia and Carrillo that showed so much promise at 16 and now they seem a bit stuck. How old was Zapata when he left?

btw, Welcome! it's always good to hear a different perspective even if it's coming from a fan of el CaSI hahaha

8. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Thanks. Too bad Cali beat los rojos in copa colombia this week. lol just kidding.

You make a great point. Zapata was 18 when he left, not wanted at all by Udinese. Won his spot there and is now a star. Unfortunately you have to look at what happened to Abel, who was actually the desired purchase. Constantly loaned out, now maybe burned.

When i look at it now, most of Cali's domestic talent were developed and became stars while they were loaned out. Montero, Belalcazar, etc. all got there shots at Cali after being great else where. Now whith Cali they havent performed nearly as well. Cali also has a TON of young talent that simply dont play or dont succeed there. Despited all that i just dont think Hermann is ready to leave yet tho.

9. andaos

andaos New Member

Mar 27, 2008
    i dont know yet. i seen him play but still he has alot to learned. i think he needs 2-3 years in cali to adapt and he might play like a winger but like they interview him he said that el profe doesn't have that much confidence for him to step on the box so he might later one play like a striker. it would be cool if he went to an european country but alot of youngsters are lost out there so i dont know if he should right now. Zapata was very good for his age and i love the way he and aguilar used to play in cali.

10. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I dont see Cordoba being a huge prospect.... he is good but him getting lost in europe isnt as fustrating as what is happening to Abel Aguilar, Guarin, and Juan Pablo Pino who all scream of NT starting material by now and are basically lost....

Cordoba is decent but like John Mosquera also of Bremen anything that comes out from this kid Ill be happy, and prefer him developing for 2-4 years in Germany than eating the bench when Herrera and Montero finally get a 10 that feeds them goals

11. andaos

andaos New Member

Mar 27, 2008
    well about being a huge prospect i agree with you i think he has potential to be alright/good, i haven't seen any really good special thing of him but you never know he might turn good in couple of years. i am very sad that abel aguilar hasn't found any ground yet he was one of my fav players in depor cali hopefully when he comes back to udinese they give him a spot. same thing goes for guarin and pino because both are very good players but guarin is the closest one to win a place. i think montero is going to go next year so it might be good for him to stay and milton will be too crappy to play. he will only have to fight his place with carrillo and herrera

12. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yea he has a huge problem which is the quality of players that Dept cali has, to me on paper their reserves are the 2nd best team in colombia... for some reason they just arent good its werid....

I hope montero comes to Junior as we need a striker and he says he wants to play there, as well as a few others like Sebastian Hernandez, Camilo Amaya, among others real sick team.

but yea I always hope the best for our players cause no matter who they play for if in the future it can help our nt then we must cheer for them. I just dont see Cordoba being better than Herrera, Montero, Carrillo or even Milton who is slow but has his moments. In Colombia we just dont play with wingers, and wont do it cause it doesnt go along with our touch touch soccer.... but with players like Rodagella, Pino, Guarin, Soto and Cordoba we might have to change out style soon

13. andaos

andaos New Member

Mar 27, 2008
    i am sorry to say this i dont think there is anyway way that junior is goin to get montero, maybe sebastian or camilo. if i was the coach i will not sell sabastian or montero unless is exterior option. they are very good and it would bite us back if we sell them to other team of colombian division. we have very good players but carreno doesn't know how to play them.

14. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    sebastian es un tronco pecho frio

15. hadexxx

hadexxx Moderator
    Staff Member

May 3, 2005
    sebastian es un recontra petardo, una nena... tipico volante 10 colombiano jugador de barbies!

16. andaos

andaos New Member

Mar 27, 2008
    denle tiempo a el. tiene buena tecnica no mas delen tiempo.

17. hadexxx

hadexxx Moderator
    Staff Member

May 3, 2005
    Como a cualquier joven... es que aqui en el foro (y en colombia) no pueden ver que alguien tenga dieci...X por que eso ya es el futuro de colombia! Esperemos a ver!!!!

p.d.. habia un pelaito en youtube con 7 anhos y eso ya habia matado a pele y le habia regalado 9 mundiales a colombia!

18. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    :rolleyes: el nino maravilla de quilla?

19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    si o ustedes creen q banguero, morumbia zapata, vallejo nunca fueron jovenes?

20. hadexxx

hadexxx Moderator
    Staff Member

May 3, 2005
    Siiiii pero no los ponian como a jhonier montanho! Estan poniendo a herman ya como una promesa que tampoco! Pintaba muchisomo mas Montero, e ha hecho muchisimo mas y vea... es un buen delantero... ya!

21. andaos

andaos New Member

Mar 27, 2008
    bueno primero que todo yo nunca dije que herman or sebastain van hacer grandes promesas pero para el futbol colombiano ellos son buenos. montero si es mucha mas bueno que se ve. esque en el cali no tenemos un 10 o alguien que les filtre buenos pases pero yo creo que si puede irse a un equipo europeo.

22. hadexxx

hadexxx Moderator
    Staff Member

May 3, 2005
    ni yo he dicho que vos dijiste eso... yo me refiero en general al foro, es mas me incluyo yo en el pasado. Pero de ver taaaantas promesas que parecieran ser hechas por politicos.... como decis vos! demosle tiempo!

23. Siempreconlamecha

Apr 4, 2005
    Golazo de cordoba esta noche... mucho remate de este que tiene aparencia parecida a anderson del man U

24. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Re: Herman Cordoba

al fin lo vi mas de 30 minutos
    es un calidoso
    cobra muy bien tiros de esquina
    Muy inocente pero gran prospecto - le haria bien otra temporada en el cali
    y eso que lo vi en un partido que perdieron por goleada, el primer tiempo fue muy bueno y peligroso del pealo

25. hadexxx

hadexxx Moderator
    Staff Member

May 3, 2005
    es que el man es bueno... es rapido, incisivo, punzante, guerrero... pero... no culmina... le hace falta ese toque de madurez que probablemente llegue con experiencia y otros tecnicos mas exigentes pero que den oportunidades. Preferiria que se quedara en el cali una temporada mas a irse a una liga tan competitiva y luego lo descarten.
    Que le pase como a hernan crespo... le dijeron... bien! sos campeon con river, campeon de la copa libertadores... ya demostraste todo en suramerica... Ahora demostralo aqui en italia!