Here we go again......

Discussion in 'Rochester Rhinos' started by Guelah Papyrus, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Guelah Papyrus

Guelah Papyrus New Member

Mar 12, 2000
    Fairport, NY
    I'm just going to give you the link to the Rhino's boards because there is a wealth of information there:

http://www.rhinosfan.com/showthread.php?t=2881

The topic: We've (Rhinos) reportedly offered RSL 3 times the original amount that they paid for the team.

The probable truth: We're being used again to help push someone else's stadium through the political BS.

The dream: DuRoss has found other investors and it's finally time to step up to the bigs........

Rochester Raging ReAL!

2. Attack Attack Attack

May 17, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

we can only hope and dream!

3. Jim Bob Rhino

Jim Bob Rhino Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.soccersam.com/news/weise/

Given the Rhinos lack of $$$$$ on hand and Checketts saying today that he has no interest in owning the club if it leaves Utah, I doubt this will go anywhere.

4. hogmesh

hogmesh New Member

May 13, 2006
    msp (formerly va)
    Club:
    DC United
    "Garber sounded upbeat about Rochester's MLS prospects, which have been debated for years.

"I've said this since I became commissioner: At some point we want to find a way we can have an MLS team in Rochester," he said.

The obstacle in the past was a lack of a stadium, but now PAETEC is built. Garber said he plans to come to Rochester for a Rhinos match some time this season, possibly as soon as Aug. 2 if the Rhinos play New England (MLS) in the U.S. Open Cup fourth round.

Garber also said for the first time that Rochester could be an MLS team despite not having a stadium with at least 20,000 seats.

The Rhinos' "Phase 2" for PAETEC includes the possible addition of a second upper deck to PAETEC. That would boost seating capacity to about 18,000.

"The expanded PAETEC would be fine for the Rochester market," said Garber, who recently signed a four-year extension. "Certainly, the New York metropolitan area, a city like Chicago or Los Angeles or Dallas are larger markets and require a slightly larger capacity, but it's only a few thousand more (seats). We'd be fine with that capacity for Phase 2 in Rochester." "

from: http://www.democratandchronicle.com...?AID=/20060713/SPORTS05/607130354/1007/SPORTS

5. NYFC

NYFC Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Brooklyn
    That would be good - Salt Lake doesn't deserve the name Real but they do deserve a team - If and when you guys get a team I like AC Rochester:)

6. Jim Bob Rhino

Jim Bob Rhino Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd rather leave the Euro-poser names for places like Toronto.

Drop the Raging and stick with the Rochester Rhinos is the way I'd go.

7. NYFC

NYFC Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Brooklyn

Then you don't get a MLS Club. - no corny names please

Thanks,
    MLS

8. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This from a fan of a team formerly named "MetroStars".

9. NYFC

NYFC Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Brooklyn

Wasn't a fan of em then. Became a fan right when they became RBNY Thanks for trying. Come again.

10. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting. Do you really think Rochester Raging Rhinos is any worse than "Real Salt Lake", "CD Chivas USA", or "FC Dallas"? I don't.

11. NYFC

NYFC Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Brooklyn

I love the team names Chivas USA and FC Dallas - Don't see what everybody's problem is specifically with FC Dallas - Is it because the FC should technically come after? Who cares? It sounds better the way they have it. Did you like Dallas Burn better?!! I hope not. So I guess you don't like Toronto FC either? or DC United? I love all those names. The Real Salt Lake I don't like. Not because it doesn't sound good, just because I don't think a city like Salt Lake City deserves such a name. They should just be SLFC or something. Maybe Miami could be the next Real. Real Miami - I like that. Don't see why people don't like Chivas USA either - I love it - expands our fanbase and has opened up to other markets. Their games against the Galaxy are the best games in the league and their fans give the game a European type feel.

Rochester Raging Rhinos is fine for the USL, but the way the MLS is now, thank god, their going to the more respectable names. That name mighta been ok ten years ago when MLS started

12. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you think Club Deportivo Chivas United States of America is a good name? Um, ok.

Salt Lake City not "deserving" of the name "Real" but it being ok for Miami is priceless.

Dallas Burn wasn't the world's greatest name, but I like it better than Futbol Club Dallas.

Rochester's name is fine. God forbid we get a team with pre-MLS history into MLS.

13. NYFC

NYFC Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Brooklyn
    Well first nobody calls them "Club Deportivo Chivas United States of America"
    Let me catch my breath - It's just Chivas

I don't see why the Miami thing is so outlandish - It's a great city we need back in the league and I think having the name Real in the league is cool - Real Madrid and Real Miami sounds a whole lot better then Real Madrid and Real Salt Lake to me. Maybe you would like Real Buffalo? or no Real at all? How about Miami Flame!! lol That sounds like your taste since you liked the

Dallas Burn better then FC Dallas? I've lost all hope on you know. You must be over 40 and trying to hold on to the old corny names of the past

As far as Rochester I'm not even touching that. The day they add the "Raging Rhinos" is the day the league is done.

14. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, it's not. The name I typed is correct.

Miami Fusion is fine.

YOU ARE WRONG AND STUPID.

Thank you for playing.

15. NYFC

NYFC Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Brooklyn

Wow you are like waaaayyy of your rocker

and no one calls them club deportivo etc. u maniac lol

Why don't you go to a "Rhinos" game and get horned

Thank you for the intelligent conversation

16. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No team in this country deserves the name Real.

17. NYFC

NYFC Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Brooklyn
    Probably true but I still like it

18. MightyMouse

MightyMouse BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 19, 2003
    Island paradise east of the mainland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They should be called "REally?".

19. Jim Bob Rhino

Jim Bob Rhino Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess Monster Low Carb Energy Rochester would be OK then?

Oh wait, my wife just reminded me of the big energy drink sponsor at PTP.

So, it's got to be Powertrip Rochester.

Now that certainly isn't cheesy!

20. Guelah Papyrus

Guelah Papyrus New Member

Mar 12, 2000
    Fairport, NY
    Thank God that Tampax didn't buy your New York football club.....