Here we go again with arse

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by United Paul, Sep 22, 2003.

1. United Paul

United Paul New Member

Apr 24, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Vieira and his team are crying once again. They seem to want to blame everyone else but their selves. After some typical contact on the football field, Vieira takes exception and does what is equal to spitting at an opponent, with flinging his spikes toward Ruud. These are red card offenses so except the punishment. No wonder it is so easy not to respect Wenger and his team. Since he has joined Arsenal they have tallied many cards. Plus can someone explain to me, when has it been excepted that a goalkeeper dances up and down his line during a penalty. I think next time the shot taker should be able to fake, dribble, what ever he chooses. As for Vieira go back to France!!!

2. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That rule changed a few years ago. The GK can move so long as he doesn't come off the line.

4. Eindhovuh

Eindhovuh New Member

Aug 29, 2003
    Holland
    ah, finally someone who knows where he's talking about

5. dogface

dogface Let's Just Pretend

Jun 22, 2002
    St. Peter, MN
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Go back to sticking your head up your ass, you xenophobic liitle turd!
    --df

6. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    :D

The ranks of the "Bigsoccer Man Yoo fanatic" is swelled by one more class addition.

Do you lot bread on some secret island or something? Do your Mums and your sisters get just the one birthday card from each one of you?

7. Golasso

Golasso New Member

May 6, 2003
    Somewhere in Texas
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by United Paul
    As for Vieira go back to France!!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe Howard, Silvestre, Barthez, Ronaldo, RvN, Solskjaer, Forlan, Kleberson, Djemba,Djemba, Ricardo, Fortune, and Bellion can all go with him to Paris, and from there, everyone can get a connecting flight to their original country, although I guess that is a bit out of the way for Keano, O'Shea, Giggs, and Fergie.

8. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again...there are few things greater in life than the Man U fan complaining about a whining Houllier or Wenger. Seriously, look in the f'ing mirror and get a clue already.

9. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I say again, Oh dear. :(

10. United Paul

United Paul New Member

Apr 24, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Update

Seems I was right about arsenal, even the chairman (Peter Hill-Wood) himself has slammed his own players as 'stupid' following their behavior at the end of their match against ManU. I just wish he had a larger influence on them all. The game does not need this kind of behavior.

11. Northcal19

Northcal19 New Member

Feb 18, 2000
    Celtic Tavern LODO (
    I gotta say, as a USNATS fan, it warms my heart to see Tim Howard included in this group. Thank you.

12. frightwig

frightwig New Member

Mar 11, 2002
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    As an Arsenal fan, I wasn't proud to see the Arsenal players shoving Ruud at the end (I think Parlour even got in a punch to the ribs), and the captain of a squad should show a cooler head than to kick out at somebody after he's been knocked down--especially when he knows he already has a card on him.

But the keeper dancing along the line was a great tactic, perfectly fine. I wonder why more keepers don't do that.

13. It'scalledfootball!

It'scalledfootball! New Member

Sep 25, 2003
    Lake Placid
    Wenger the Whinger

The goalkeeper can move right along the goal line if he wishes, but he can't step forward from the line. What he did was OK for the panalty, but if he gets away with man handling the assistant referee it will only prove that there is one rule for Arsenal and another for Man Utd. And yes I hate Arsenal!

14. It'scalledfootball!

It'scalledfootball! New Member

Sep 25, 2003
    Lake Placid
    Football is a world language, where a player comes from in not important, it's how he plays when he gets there, and Tim Howard sure can play. Whe you take to account, he's a nobody who has won ziltch he did a good job of moving Barthez who has won everything!

15. nurspec

nurspec Member

Sep 26, 2003
    new york
    O.K. let's get this staright.first off Viera wasn't even trying to make contact with Ruud,and the camera showed it.Viera's leg wasn't even outstretched.
    In fact if you watch the replay when Ruud went up for that ball on the way down his right leg kicked out ,pushing Viera down ,that's what viera was mad about and i understand it.The reaction by some of the Arsenal players
    particularily Lauren and Keown was asking for trouble and deserves punishment.
    But the press is overreacting big time with this and if they ignore the part Ruud played in igniting this then ,the league have some serious issues.
    I don't know who it was maybe Ronaldo,but a man u player blindsided an Arsenal player from behind,but i see not one Man U player was sited for violent conduct,a bit strange i think.

I think the lack of BRITISH players in the Arsenal team got the goat of many people in England and the gunners are paying for it.Everyone talks about arsenals disciplinary record but they fail to ignore that last season they pnly had 3 red cards.In contrast you have Fulham 6,Everton 7, and half the league on 5,So that puts Arsenal below average.The fact they are the biggest threat to the title is not a coincidence in my mind.

16. house18

house18 Member

Jun 23, 2003
    St. Louis, MO