Her vote is the same as mine.......

Discussion in 'Elections' started by MLSNHTOWN, Nov 3, 2004.

1. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    I heart democracy.

“For my safety, I know he’s the one who’s going to do the job,” retiree Rebecca Lesko said after voting for Bush in Linwood, N.J. “I think (Osama) bin Laden is scared of Bush. That’s why we haven’t been bombed yet.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6399341/

I think I would like to see nonstop quotes from Bush supporters. Just to show why they voted. To educate the rest of us who really can't understand it.

2. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    Can't say I disagree with her.

3. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Um, dude? Those planes hitting those buildings? That was Osama. He was really scared of W back in 2001, wasn't he?

Unless you're arguing that we weren't technically bombed on 9/11. Which is a pretty crappy argument.

4. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    Which is why your vote shouldn't count the same as mine.

“I think (Osama) bin Laden is scared of Bush. That’s why we haven’t been bombed yet.”

Its one thing to say that you think Bush is better regarding safety/terrorism. It is another to say that bin laden is scared of bush and that is why we haven't been bombed.

5. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    OK, after she says "we haven't been bombed yet", I feel comfortable putting words in her mouth and saying that the phrase "since 9/11" is clearly implied.

:rolleyes:

And OK, it's less because Osama's scared of Bush than because Bush has destroyed much of his operating capability, but still.

6. flowergirl

flowergirl Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    panama city, FL
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

OH! So that's why he issued that video tape last week! because he's SCARED of Bush! now i understand. :rolleyes:

7. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You have no idea how much it hurts to say this but he's right. That's what she meant.