Henry Hat Trick Secures Victory In Austria

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Jeff L, Aug 3, 2002.

1. Jeff L

Jeff L Member

May 12, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Thierry HENRY scored a hat trick in Austria as Arsenal defeated 1860 Munich 3 - 1.
    After a 1 - 0 lead at half time, Munich equalised in 65 minutes when Australian international Paul Agostino rose above a rooted Sol Campbell to head past the new keeper, on for Seaman during 4 half time changes, despite beeing assured none would occur for an hour. Only Bergkamp, Henry, Campbell and Vieira completed the full 90 minutes.
    In the 82nd minute, Alidiere broke through and rounded the Munich 'keeper, but out wide, and his shot across goal hit the post, and a defender before falling to Henry to tap in. Five minutes later, Bergkamp crossed to Henry who from 8 yards out, hit the ball on the half turn into the ground and rose above the goalkeeper, who got his hands to it, but failed to keep it from entering the net, leaving Arsenal with a 3 - 1 victory, and plenty in the "reserve tank". Next stop Beveren, Belgium before returning to the UK to entertain Barnet, and then Liverpool in Cardiff next Sunday.
    A reasonable overall performance by the team with SILVA seeming to fit in quite nicely. Here's to another good season!!!

2. kygunner

kygunner New Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Winchester KY USA
    Nice to see GOD with the lungs to play 90 minutes already. !860 may not be the best competion but they were solid at the end of the Bundesliga season. Henry seems to have a vengence and I hope it holds for the upcoming year.

3. kygunner

kygunner New Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Winchester KY USA
    2 goals were also scored when Aliadere was on the pitch. Includes a tap-in from Henry off a post strike from Aliadere. I think he is the real deal and I hope to see a little more from the young Frenchie!

4. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The team did play pretty well and were in charge for most of the game. Bergkamp looked totally shattered at the end after setting up Henry for his hat-trick. And Aliadiere looked bright when he came on too. I'd say he's probably played himself in front of Kanu and Jeffers at the moment. Silva was assured in the midfield, he looked like he's been playing for a lot longer than a week in the team. But I suppose good players will just fit in wherever.

Wenger came out with an interesting formation in the second half. He played Vieira, Edu and Silva in the midfield with Bergkamp in the hole just behind Henry and Kanu. A good attacking ploy to give Dennis some space to work in. More of that please Le Boss!