Henry = Choker when it Matters!!!

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by gazzad_5, Oct 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rgrayson

rgrayson New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    good we agree on something then.

2. juice013

juice013 New Member

Mar 28, 2003
    Toronto
    If you really think Ruud and Rooney had good matches, I don't think you really watched the match at all. They were quiet for the most part, and if it wasn't for Rooney's dive, they might not have got onto the scoresheet at all.

3. nve2k

nve2k Member

Jun 19, 2004
    Well none of the strikers shined cause of the tactics used. There was no flow to the game whatsoever. Any potential break or attack for both teams was cut out by a foul. If you realized when ashley cole or G.Neville were off position, the holder of the ball in the other team was fouled on most occasions. All attackers didn't get a lot of service and most battles took place in the midfield. That's what usually happens in these "big" games were most coaches decide not to take a lot of risks and shut down. Henry's chance should've been put in the back of the net though, he could've chipped Caroll easily but he hit it straight at him.

4. Gunners11

Gunners11 Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Based on just the match today, if I had to pick a choker, I would say it was more DB10 than Henry. Dennis had more rest then then the rest of the boys, and I'm not sure if he even touched the ball today, (a slight exaggeration I know, but you get the point). As for Henry, I would say he was off his game today more so then a choker. 7/8 times out of 10 he would put that shot in the first half past Carrol, but today just wasn't his day. For all of you who are talking down Henry, look at the team you support, and tell me how many of you wouldn't want to have him as your first-team forward.

5. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    If you want me to bite on the argument that Henry is a choker based on today's 1 v 1 first come up with some numbers for comparison. How many 1 v 1's with the GK do other top level strikers like Sheva, Ronaldo, RvN, Shearer, Vieri, Trez, and others convert? And how does that compare to Henry's conversion rate? And explain to me how important 1v1 w/GK is compared to scoring off of free kicks, heading in crosses, PKs, scoring off a rebounds, etc and other scoring situations.

6. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

Thread is pointless - subject has been discussed elsewhere. This will lead to all sorts of bull.

Please respect this boards members if you are goin to post here. Not aimed directly st prk166, but at all who have posted here.

Rick