Henry = Choker when it Matters!!!

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by gazzad_5, Oct 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
  2. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    will rick or coach please just close this thread?? it doesnt warrant a response obviously

3. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i don't really consider henry a choker in the epl (when it comes to big games such as this one) as he is not as bad as in the CL/France, but he doesnt play his best.

it really is sad that such an entertaining player can't produce when it is needed, which would make him a legend (outside of highbury).

4. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

are you not agreeing that there appears to be a trend of henry not producing in [subjectively] big games?

despite being discusses a ton, i think this is a fair question if henry is giving us more material.

5. ZiggyGalaxy

ZiggyGalaxy New Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Does better than Ruud under pressure on most days aside from today. And the only reason he was even in that spot is because Shrek went down with no contact applied...

6. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    look, i am not trying to be a.....???troll???(is that the word?) just stating a point, but wow truth hurts dont it!
    maybe its this 'denial' that prevents the club achieving its true potential- to get better you have to realise your mistakes/faults...

7. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    and ruud came into it , where???

8. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    gazzad you mentally inept scouse, today wasn't a great day for forwards as a whole.

9. bvamin72

bvamin72 New Member

Dec 15, 2003
    London

Don't you wish you had him on your on your team. Who do you have, oh yeah no one.

Henry is the best striker in the EPL. Case closed!!!!

10. W26 D12 L0

W26 D12 L0 New Member

Oct 1, 2004
    Miami
    Henry is the best playr in the world right now!

The expectations for him are HUGE so when he has an off day it people start threads like this. Look at his record against manu - something like 8 goals!
    I agree on a whole he isnt as effective in europe as in th prem

11. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    stating an opinion, a perfectly valid one now makes you mentally inept? wow!
    i suppose today wasnt the best for forwards was it , [cough] ruud & wayne [cough] ;)
    dont let your disappointment in a long overdue defeat affect your posts!

12. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Last years Champions League
    Arsenals fate is pretty much on the line
    lets head to the San Siro who owned Inter? Henry...but thats not a big game

2 years back in Champions League
    Lets head to Roma...Who scored a hat trick? ahh lets see Henry....oh wait thats not a big game

3 years back....EPL Ars V Man Utd
    Flick and super great goal...oh wait Ars v Man Utd isnt a big game

hes definately a small game player

13. W26 D12 L0

W26 D12 L0 New Member

Oct 1, 2004
    Miami
    Also - he gets the job done when he has to (like liverpool last season) - the manu game today wasn't a must win (as it was manu).

14. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    what?? wel for the saturday afternoons against poor opposition he may come in handy i suppose!
    how can he be the best in the world, to be that he needs to prove something in these kinda games, in europe, world cups etc (eg zidane, ronaldo) thats why they get voted the best in the world!

15. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

it has very little to do with today, it has to do with today and all the other times he has let people down in europe, intl games, etc.

what does ruud have to do with anything? we are trying to discuss henry.

16. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

17. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    even a 18yr old kid (19 today) shows more composure on the big stage!

18. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    ruud & wayne

lol, now you've lost credibility for that post.

you clearly didn't see that game, because apart from that dodgy penalty and last minute tap-in. the forwards didn't do much all game.

19. jegerpenge

jegerpenge New Member

Jan 18, 2003
    Lake Charles, LA
    Close this sh!t now somebody. I would really appreciate it if we kept the trolling to a minimum especially from supporters from neither team involved.

20. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    you see its these little contributions that make the difference! 1 dodgy peno, 1 tap in, 2-0!

21. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    ive already said i wasnt trying to troll, just state an opinion, you guys have really takin this to heart.

22. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    but that isn't your arguement, you were saying shrek and donkey had a better game than henry, which wasn't true at all.

23. bvamin72

bvamin72 New Member

Dec 15, 2003
    London

Again, I don't need to listen to this crap!!! All I know is if he was crap, than why was Man Utd all over him? He still got shots on goal, not like Rooney who has to fall when he was not even touched.

24. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    ive already said i wasnt trying to troll, just state an opinion, you guys have really takin this to heart.

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

It's our team player you're slagging.

25. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    who said he was crap? quote me if im wrong