Henk Ten Cate

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by richsavare, Oct 4, 2007.

1. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Let him go to Chelsea as he is a complete idiot! Why Abramovich would want him is anyone's guess as his shite management of Ajax has been an utter disaster.

Ajax under Ten Cate and Van Geel is a total disgrace, and completely embarassing. No Champions League for 2 years after facing some rather average opposition, and now no Uefa Cup is unacceptable.

It hurts me to say this but I guess the proof is in the pudding, and simply put Ajax is not a big team plain and simple, but this current management team has not helped matters in any way, and are plainly not getting it done.

After this latest, crushing failure in Europe I would overhaul things and start blooding the youngsters in the side as many of the non Dutch players in this side are worthless.

Piss off Henk you are rubbish!

2. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Here is an link

3. Amsteldam

Amsteldam Red Card

Oct 5, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I dont blame TC for Ajax woes.
    Whats he supposed to do with what little talent we have left??!!!

Fukc it, I've become a real Madrid supporter, half our NT plays there anyways

4. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Your wish has come true, he's off to Chelsea.

Now if this means that Van Basten replaces him as manager at Ajax and Holland get a new manager, I'll be a very happy unit.

5. silver bullet

silver bullet Member

May 11, 2004
    Chelsea and Ajax still have to come to an agreement on the buy out fee.

I suspect we'll hear Van Geel say that Ten Cate is a key member to the Ajax staff and that he will not be released for anything below 10, eh 20 million Euros ;)

6. Dutch Treat

Dutch Treat Member

May 6, 2005
    Amsterdam|Alphen a/d Rijn
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Leaving the sinking ship eh? What a great fcuking fan you are...... Good riddance.

HtC is to blame as well. Wtf was up with the team y'day? The players were not playing their strengths, and I blame HtC for that. Good example being Rommedahl, he had a few opportunities where he should have been using his great speed b/c he had great space in front of him. But nooo, instead he plays the simple ball back or wide. 20 minutes of domination, at home, fighting for our last chance in Europe. Pathetic! We looked scared.

I'll leave it at that, I could fill pages with all this sh1t that bothers me, but it'll only result in getting me banned.

So fukcing pissed......:mad:

7. Japperant

Japperant New Member

Aug 14, 2007
    Groningen, Holland
    At 12:30 Ajax will hold a press conference where, according to some sources at Ajax, the announcement will be made that ten Cate will go to Chelsea next monday.

8. Amsteldam

Amsteldam Red Card

Oct 5, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I didnt really mean that, I was just mad (and still am)

9. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Just announced: Ten Cate's staying put.

10. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully MvG is just holding out for more money. :eek:

11. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Pherhaps if those ********ers would have done business as grown ups, we would have a complete team.

But the injury problems haven't helpend and frankly, Ajax have been shit all throughout Ten Cate's time at Ajax.

All in all, we can safely conclude that Ajax does not need Henk Ten Cate.

12. Amsteldam

Amsteldam Red Card

Oct 5, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I think Chelsea quickly renegged on Ten Cate after watching yesterdays game :D

13. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i was hoping he would leave. no idea why chelsea wanted him.

14. Dutch Treat

Dutch Treat Member

May 6, 2005
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yeah I was hoping the same, and won't be surprised if it still is going to happen. What's up with the board saying " we've decided to say nothing on the matter just yet . When will they? This weekend when the deal is made between the club? The sooner the better.

But this won't do it for me, the whole management& board needs to go. Screw em!

15. afcajax73

afcajax73 Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    there is still time for him to leave now.. again about 1 hr ago chelsea admitted wanted him there still.. and i cant believe that ajax will keep him for much longer..

16. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    might as well kick his ass out right now, true... unless of course they want to schedule some kind of 'ereronde' :D

OTOH, pherhaps with the time we have we will then attract a new coach based on his merit instead of his availability.

17. Dutch Treat

Dutch Treat Member

May 6, 2005
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    And now it appears he will be announcing his move this week, and we'll have Adie Koster ( Ajax youth team ) as an interim coach untill next summer. Targets at that time include MvBasten who will then come save us........ :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

18. mdewals

mdewals New Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Delden
    just like schneider was staying right? ;)

19. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Tottenham want Mark Hughes to take over at White Hart Lane if Martin Jol is lured to Ajax. (Mirror)

Not really that excited about this prospect...

Avram Grant insists he and not Henk ten Cate will be in charge of Chelsea if the Dutchman joins the Stamford Bridge coaching team. (Sun)

It would be hilarious of ten Cate got the head position at Chelsea after such a ************ stint with Ajax.

20. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    So Ten Cate is a big fat liar as well as an arrogant twat. Congrats Ajax for offloading him to Chelsea. Rumour has it that Van Basten will take over next year (I wish it was sooner than that).

I feel sorry for Ajax fans (I do, seriously!). Their club is being messed with, as as they say it's more like a political party than a football club these days. I hope for your sake that Jaake et al find a different toy to play with soon.

21. Amsteldam

Amsteldam Red Card

Oct 5, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Ten Cate is the best coach Abramovich could land with all his billions???? :confused:

I bet he wont last more then 6 months :D :rolleyes:

22. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Chelsea wants Huntelaar and Rijkaard according to BBC rumors page. Kinda makes sense in a silly billionaire kind of way. I hope they get neither.

23. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  24. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  25. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Interesting point you make and I would agree as Grant is really not for the long term in my eyes based on his massive inexperience so if and when he gets the axe all of his assistants would go too, but then again perhaps Henk could be the next Manager.

Ajax has been let off the hook in someway as Chelsea have come calling for their Manager despite the crushing European failures the past 2 years that Ten Cate has been in charge. In a normal situation Henk should have been shown the door, but the real problem at Ajax may be Van Geel who has done a shameful job.