Helping Africa

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by IntheNet, Jul 14, 2005.

1. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Laura Bush Talks Genocide in Rwanda
    Thursday, July 14, 2005
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,162472,00.html
    DAR ES SALAAM, Tanzania — Laura Bush says she is looking to Rwandan President Paul Kagame to suggest how the U.S. can make sure that a genocide his country experienced more than a decade ago is not repeated in the Sudan's Darfur region or anywhere else. Mrs. Bush was closing out a weeklong trip through Africa with a visit Thursday to Rwanda, where a 100-day slaughter in 1994 by Hutu militias killed nearly half a million minority Tutsis and moderate Hutus. She was being joined there by Cherie Blair, wife of British Prime Minister Tony Blair.

~

This trip seems largely ignored by the liberal media, who sense blood in water over Rove and barely cover anything else.... Mrs. Bush's trip to Africa comes after the G8 get-together, where further aid to African nations was approved. Why does this assistance to Africa not merit world attention, especially in light of the genocide these African nations have experienced?

2. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The liberal media have been ignoring it so much, you'd think there'd been another terrorist attack. Or that a war was going on. Stupid liberal media.

3. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh for God's sake Obie! If Bubba went to the veldt his every step would be 24/7 cable news fodder! Bush's whole policy on African Aid is being deliberately boycotted by the American liberal news; even BBC, of all sources, is covering the First Lady's trip!

4. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

Now I've got nothing against the smarter half of the presidential couple.

But didn't the smarter one say she was gonna stay out of politics, and not influence or advise Georgie-boy? Didn't want to tick off the conservative base that likes their women barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen y'know. Not like that emasculating ***** Hillary, right?

So...it's nice that she's taking the chance to see the world and learn a bit, donate some books to school libraries - but do the people she talks to think she will be more effective than the bright minds her husband hired to advise him?

maybe if the adminsitration sent a serious mission to africa - one that actually had the ear and could influence the president - maybe that would be news.

Besides, she would be smart enough to stick to the party line regarding spousal trips to Africa, don't ya think? And newsmen might think twice about reporting about spousal trips to africa, considering recent jailed reporters, eh?

5. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When BushCo sends someone with a little more authority than the First Lady to address the issues in Africa, I'll pay more attention.

6. Mel Brennan

Mel Brennan PLANITARCHIS' BANE

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

She went...to suggest that the Rwandan Prez...suggest in return to her...what the US could do in Darfur? :rolleyes:

Sh!t; to the extent that we even bother with this ass-up token bullsh!t gesture that just gives this woman something to do, that could have been handled with a phone call:

LAURA: What do you think we should do in Darfur?
    KAGAME: Value life there as much as you value...whatever it is you value at home.
    LAURA: Thanks; I'll tell my husband. Then he'll do whatever he'll do.
    KAGAME: Thanks...I guess.

7. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think she's a little behind the curve on that one...

8. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

I think Africa would be better suited with the following exchange;

AFRICAN LEADER: There's genocide going on over here!
    ADMINSITRATION POLICYMAKER: yeah, horrible. Never again do we ever want to say never again. but huh, we just said it. twice actually. rolls off the tongue...huh, never again. nice ring to it, y'know?
    AFRICAN LEADER: You're not going to help us?
    ADMINSITRATION POLICYMAKER: got oil?
    AFRICAN LEADER: Oil, no, no oil, what's that got to do with....oh, oil, yeah, lots and lots of oil!
    ADMINSITRATION POLICYMAKER: Nah. can't fool us. Nice try though
    AFRICAN LEADER: But, but but...we got terrorists! yeah, terrorists! terrorist training camps!
    ADMINSITRATION POLICYMAKER: really? oh well, take a number. First we got Syria, then Iran...but perhaps we can squeeze you in ahead of Pakistan.
    AFRICAN LEADER: Wha..? uh...Abortionists! Yeah, abortionists. The Sudanese are forcing abortions on us!
    ADMINSITRATION POLICYMAKER: Now that does sound serious...but are there waiting periods? Parental consent rules?
    AFRICAN LEADER: Parental consent rules for forced abortions? Are you stupi...er...hmmm...hmmm..hmmm - oh wait a minute!
    ADMINSITRATION POLICYMAKER: Yes? Hurry up, quite busy here y'know.
    AFRICAN LEADER: There was a white girl here - on safari - tossed out of the landrover by her husband - roughed up pretty bad by a lion - but she was saved - complete brain damage, but on life support in the hospital in Darfur - and the sudanese are about to pull the plug!
    ADMINSITRATION POLICYMAKER: What???!!!! Why the hell didn't you say so in the 1st place??!!! CODE RED! CODE RED! Hold on - keep her alive - THE CAVALRY'S A'COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. DamonEsquire

DamonEsquire BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 16, 2002
    Kentucky
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think. You might confuse. First Lady title with foregin mission and it doesn't lead to Marxism. :) She isn't a newlywed. The First Lady find with eyesight. The visionary implacations result with debatement.
    [​IMG]
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/07/20050713-1.html

10. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You need to volunteer for that whacky liberal news show... what is it? "The Daily Show"? Yeah that's it... liberal news central! Progressive leftism homeworld.... They'd love you there!

But leave the intellectual caring and financial aid to the African developing nations to the Administration... they're doing something beyond liberal talk!

11. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sending their wives to talk about it. Yes, that should do the trick.

Next stop on the Laura Bush "We Care" tour - North Korea!

12. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    He would be better suited on that "progressive" talk radio station. I think it is called "air" or something stupid like that. I was listening the other day and after 2 minutes became physically sick with what the lady was saying. The topic was about Evangelical's going to Iraq, and she says "great, good send them to Iraq I hope you guys all die a horrible death." Then continued to say "the less christain fascists in the US the better." How can someone live with themselves after saying something like that? A normal person couldn't, but you liberals ahem sorry "progressives" can just say anything and get away with it. However, should Hannity say something like that you would never hear of him again.

Also I hope some of you heard those disgusting comments from that Malvoe woman. If you didn't I would be happy to enlighten you.

13. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    How is the Fresno Bee liberal? I was just there and if anything it seemed anti-liberal.

14. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Sarcastic answer:
    I thought the media was monolithically liberal? Is monolithically a word?

Real answer:
    Maybe it's not. I don't actually go around checking the political leanings of every newspaper out there (and Fresno Bee, like almost all of the media points in my vast yet incomplete list, came up with a simple Google search of "Bush Rwanda").

Finally, if the Fresno Bee is in fact not liberal, that information in no way mitigates the undeniable fact that ITN is pulling stuff out of his anus.

15. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dang, ITN - you are right. I went to the Washington Times website and couldn't find a single story about Laura's trip to Africa. Good work, man!

In the meantime SoFLa has prepared a host of links to those "liberal" websites that actually cover the news.

16. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Monolithically is a word, but I do not think it was used correctly.

As far as everything else goes...carry on.

17. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    According to the liberal ;) dictionary.com, one definition of monolithically is:

2: characterized by massiveness and rigidity and total uniformity

which is what I was trying to convey. Nyah nyah nyah (just kidding).

18. TheOriginalLilJon

TheOriginalLilJon New Member

May 9, 2005
    Florida
    Another promising article flushed

[​IMG]

Due to liberal vs. conservative nonsense. Like Chris Rock said, if you pick a side before the issues have been discussed, you're f_______ dumb.

19. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Are those your toes?

20. TheOriginalLilJon

May 9, 2005
    Florida
    LMAO

No, I found the pic on google.

21. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    You're fu cking dumb for listening to Chris Rock.

22. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

I'm way too good to be on Air America.

And by the way, take "great, good send them to Iraq I hope you guys all die a horrible death" and add "the less christain fascists in the US the better."

Now take "if you liberal traitors don't like it, get the hell out of this country" (ie, the less liberal fascists in the US the better) and add "why don't you try your theories of nonviolence in Afghanistan/Saddam's Iraq/Palestine/Iran" (ie, go there and die)

Sounds about equal to me.

23. TheOriginalLilJon

May 9, 2005
    Florida
    Chris Rock, contrary to popular belief about black comedians, brings up smart points in his stand up. I guess you've never listened, paid attention, or cared about anything he says. Then again, that probably explains why you've drawn a yellow card.

24. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Are you serious? Who said to liberals "I hope you guys all die a horrible death in Iraq?" Yea nobody did, and I assure you if someone did they would no longer be able to be in the media. You can draw whatever comparison you want, but that is absolutely ridiculous to try to say those are the same thing. A person actually speaking the words wishing death on people, and saying go try and negotiate your way out of a war on terrorism are not even in the same ballpark.

Maybe you should go on Air America.